SEASHORE Sea Trials

sidari

1 hour ago, sidari said:

Heard today that Seashore is likely to be delayed to mid August.

Sidari

Back at the end of the year you had said it was delayed until October 2020.  Where did you get the mid August information?  Is a 3rd Sea trial normal?  If not why do they need to do another trial? 

11 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

Sidari

Back at the end of the year you had said it was delayed until October 2020.  Where did you get the mid August information?  Is a 3rd Sea trial normal?  If not why do they need to do another trial? 

Yes The info was that Seashore would be delayed until October 2021 and now it is likely mid August which is testament to the workforce at Fincantieri, you will also recall that I told you the sea trials would take place in May and they did! I was surprised to hear about a third sea trial also and it could be down to a number of things including vibration from the props being one of them, checks done in every area and cabins may have shown that vibration was too much. 

• Like 4

On 6/27/2021 at 4:44 PM, elbarney said:

Bad news, they told me(onboard) that Seashore will probably start at the 31st of August.....

Nothing official of course 😅

Mid August was the last I heard.

Hi,

Any news about the beginning of Seashore sailings?

I’m booked for the 20th August sailing and I’m a little worried about the delay and the possibility of needing to find alternatives to August holidays.

Thanks to all fellow members for the information’s they give to all community.

On 6/27/2021 at 6:22 PM, Dbox said:

Hopefully that doesn’t change the start date for US cruises. I’m currently booked for the Nov 20 cruise from Miami. 

I'm with you as we just booked the transatlantic on Monday and also booked both our flight to Barcelona and a one-night stay.

What are our chances of having a fairly low passenger count - like we used to have until about 6-8 yrs ago on TA's? The cabin choices were very limited (balcony, at least) which I'm hoping is just how MSC is controlling room distribution. 

It's likely MSC has implemented some level of capacity restrictions for the TA based on both EU and US current regulations.  MSC is likely counting on the CDC Conditional Sail Order to be dropped by 31 October.  I don't see any way MSC can do a test sailing(s) with Seashore before arriving on 18 November, so if the Order gets extended Seashore will not be allowed to port with passengers in San Juan or Miami.  In my opinion if the Order gets extended the worst that could happen is TA passengers get dropped early in Cozumel or Nassau and MSC has to get them to Miami by other means.  Then the ship does a test sailing for the US based itineraries.  Just in case the Order is not terminated I would think MSC would be taking precautionary measures and I would watch the CDC site to see if Seashore surveillance data starts up four weeks before arrival in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

3 hours ago, Até said:

It's likely MSC has implemented some level of capacity restrictions for the TA based on both EU and US current regulations.  MSC is likely counting on the CDC Conditional Sail Order to be dropped by 31 October.  I don't see any way MSC can do a test sailing(s) with Seashore before arriving on 18 November, so if the Order gets extended Seashore will not be allowed to port with passengers in San Juan or Miami.  In my opinion if the Order gets extended the worst that could happen is TA passengers get dropped early in Cozumel or Nassau and MSC has to get them to Miami by other means.  Then the ship does a test sailing for the US based itineraries.  Just in case the Order is not terminated I would think MSC would be taking precautionary measures and I would watch the CDC site to see if Seashore surveillance data starts up four weeks before arrival in the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/crew-disembarkations-commercial-travel.html

MSC could change to Bermuda, Guadalupe or another non USA port to embark passengers.

21 minutes ago, sidari said:

MSC could change to Bermuda, Guadalupe or another non USA port to embark passengers.

Do you mean that they would change Seashore’s itinerary from a US based one to a Caribbean one? 

22 hours ago, Até said:

I appreciate your insight.  👍 Although I'm perfectly aware of the delicate dance going on with the cruises, I'm blissfully ignoring possible issues atm so that I can dream of the cruise. Unless something drastic happens on her Med runs, I believe she will be coming to the US. The Seashore surveillance is what I will be watching--and the YT posts from the those cruises. 😊

I'm surprised the YC restaurant does not seem that much larger than the Seaside ships, just a larger forward bulge in the center.  I'm afraid it's not large enough to handle the 50% extra YC passengers.  To bad he didn't go to deck 19 or 20.

ETA: That's a mighty big Tepannyaki restaurant, kind of surprising based on popularity on other ships.  Perhaps MSC will now offer dining packages that include this restaurant.

Edited by Até

2 hours ago, mmbcater said:

Thank you for the videos!!! So excited to sail next April!! Can you go up to 19 and get video of 19002 forward cabin between the owners suites? (I can hope)!!!!

I am booked in 19002 on a November cruise. Can’t wait.