What do you take, even though it’s provided?

Eddie99

There must be lots of duplication.  I like to take my hair dryer because it’s so much more powerful & therefore more efficient and quicker.  Also an Aeropress coffee maker for the cabin, and tea bags.  Sometimes Ginger Nuts

What do you take?

Biscuits?

Slippers?

Soap?

Pillow?

Hangers?

Marmalade?

Surprise me!

15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We bring  all of our own toiletries.

Jar of Alta Rica coffee.

Table cloth to put our room service breakfast onto on our balcony.

Pillow cases.

2 face towels (Pauline)

Oh, I like the tablecloth.  A touch of class!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We bring  all of our own toiletries.

Jar of Alta Rica coffee.

Table cloth to put our room service breakfast onto on our balcony.

Pillow cases.

2 face towels (Pauline)

Love that you fetch a table cloth

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

There must be lots of duplication.  I like to take my hair dryer because it’s so much more powerful & therefore more efficient and quicker.  Also an Aeropress coffee maker for the cabin, and tea bags.  Sometimes Ginger Nuts

What do you take?

Biscuits?

Slippers?

Soap?

Pillow?

Hangers?

Marmalade?

Surprise me!

I took shower gel last time and will do again. We took sweets and snacks for the kids and all our clothes were already packed on the hangers. Made unpacking easy. I also took slippers. I don’t get the in the pleb cabin obviously 🙄 

will be taking ginger biscuits for sea sickness and also my pillow. I slept on my hoody for two night last time as I have really thin pillows. Theirs were too thick for me. Will also take our own coffee this time for drinks on the balcony now that I am willing to drink coffee at a ripe old age of 32. Used to have areopress but found cafe direct coffee I like. 

• Like 1

Interesting but nothing extraordinary yet.  I’ll wait for the angle grinder ..

oh, no P&O don’t provide them do they?  Just Saga 🤣

Pillows are a bit of an encumbrance.  Hooray for no luggage limits on ex Southampton cruises. There must be an opening for a technological solution to pillow preference - new lightweight materials, inflation, maybe?  Go ahead & design it - I don’t have IP on this idea - but seriously, imagine how much simpler life would be for hotel chains etc if they only needed one adjustable pillow model.

Me, I sleep on a Tempur.  Hard as a rock and nearly as heavy.  I don’t lug it on cruises though, as the motion of the ocean keeps me sleeping like a baby

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, davecttr said:

head and shoulders although I have hardly any hair, you can still get dandruff in your beard 😁

Oops, forgot the cup-a-soups and oxo cubes

We take those along with plain crackers.  An oxo drink or soup whilst nibbling a cracker is great if you are feeling queasy in bad seas.

Like that table cloth Graham, will have to remember that ourselves - may have to go and buy one though.....

• Like 1

Apart from our own tea, coffee, 

Air  fresheners

cashews nuts, boxes of chocolates special ones , snacks bars for when we are out 

Mini small cans of coke & lemonade 

mini sowing repair kit 

first aid and tooth repair kit 

batteries tea lights for bathroom at night 

light up clock for night time 

thank you cards for extra tips 

magnetic torch which hangs on the wall , along with big magnets for husbands sun hats 

I could go on but I’m trying to think of something really unusual 

• Like 1

The worst thing I ever took or waste of money was toilet liners to put on toilets seats when out on tours but we don’t normally need the toilet when out , but if we did I always forget them 😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I take my own shampoo, but that's because it's prescription stuff.

Next year we've got 2 cruises which are both 30+ nights.  Seriously considering taking our little Krups coffee machine now.

I take my own hair clippers.  Haven't paid for a haircut for over 20 years, certainly not going to pay onboard prices!

Graham's table cloth sounds a great idea as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tring said:

We take those along with plain crackers.  An oxo drink or soup whilst nibbling a cracker is great if you are feeling queasy in bad seas.

Like that table cloth Graham, will have to remember that ourselves - may have to go and buy one though.....

We have bought a lot of small and large tablecloths,linen etc in Puerto de la Cruz Tenerife as well as other Spanish ports.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I always like to take some decent biscuits, bar(s) of chocolate and some crisps!

Plus some decent clothes hangers.......

Pauline puts metal hangars individually in clothes we can hang up so when unpacking we can hang most of our clothes up straight away.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

I always have some sort of biscuits/cereal bars. Normally need them on the journey home as catering on the trains leaves a lot to be desired!:classic_unsure:

Other than than

Toiletries

Torch

Sewing Kit

Super glue

Zip lock/closeable plastic bags

First Aid Kit

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

Apart from our own tea, coffee, 

Air  fresheners

cashews nuts, boxes of chocolates special ones , snacks bars for when we are out 

Mini small cans of coke & lemonade 

mini sowing repair kit 

first aid and tooth repair kit 

batteries tea lights for bathroom at night 

light up clock for night time 

thank you cards for extra tips 

magnetic torch which hangs on the wall , along with big magnets for husbands sun hats 

I could go on but I’m trying to think of something really unusual 

We take the same has above, also take a shoe holder to put behind the bathroom door to put shampoo, shower gel, sun cream etc, two small cup flasks for hot milk before we go to bed (I know boring). The magnets are great for putting paperwork under, plus coats etc, we generally take four.

love the idea of the table cloth this will be added to our list.

All have a good weekend.

• Like 1