Private Sale - One more time - how do I do this?

Mary229

HAL sent me a private fare bulletin for Alaska. There must be a trick to conjuring the private fare rate on the website.  Could someone please explain it to me, again?  Even though the bulletin is addressed to us both and has both of our Mariner ID# I can't get past the public fares.  Thank you.  

24 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

HAL sent me a private fare bulletin for Alaska. There must be a trick to conjuring the private fare rate on the website.  Could someone please explain it to me, again?  Even though the bulletin is addressed to us both and has both of our Mariner ID# I can't get past the public fares.  Thank you.  

Usually they just show when you sign in,  but sometimes I might get one, DH doesn’t or vice versa. But somehow the HAL site is so glitchy it doesn’t surprise me,  you’ll probably have to call in.  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, bennybear said:

Usually they just show when you sign in,  but sometimes I might get one, DH doesn’t or vice versa. But somehow the HAL site is so glitchy it doesn’t surprise me,  you’ll probably have to call in.  

Yes, I think I will call Monday. Thank you

• Like 1

I have had the private sale with both names on the mailer but only one name worked for the lower prices on the website.  Also, sometimes it does not show up on the first page, but rather you have to start a pretend booking and get to at lleast the second page to see the private sale prices.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I have had the private sale with both names on the mailer but only one name worked for the lower prices on the website.  Also, sometimes it does not show up on the first page, but rather you have to start a pretend booking and get to at lleast the second page to see the private sale prices.

I will try his name.  I did go all the way to the booking expecting to see a "log in for special pricing" but it never appeared.  Well I guess the DH is more important than me, he will be happy to hear that😁

• Like 1

Same thing happens with us. I have to log in with my husband's account to get the best price (which can sometimes be hundreds of dollars less). Rarely do I see the fare just by clicking to the website.

Also, if you have the fare code from the mailer or email, a rep *should* be able to help. 

Edited by syesmar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We just got home after a month's vacation.  I saw the Holland "Private Sale" brochure and it says book by May 31.  I went on line and one cruise showed $100 off.  Is this what the sale is about?

56 minutes ago, kaumond said:

We just got home after a month's vacation.  I saw the Holland "Private Sale" brochure and it says book by May 31.  I went on line and one cruise showed $100 off.  Is this what the sale is about?

There are a few of them going on right now.  I got one for Alaska which when my TA called instead of giving me a monetary value that was about $200 they gave me some very useful add-ons worth about $350.  Then I got another one  for the Exotic and Grand voyages.  I don't have time for that next year so I didn't really peruse it.  

Update: We have 6 Neptune suites on hold for Alaska in July 2022.  I talked to the person at Holland that made the reservation and asked about this private sale price.  They are no longer honoring it, evidently HAL has no past cruiser discounts and the group discount requires 8 rooms.  I think I'm going to check into other cruise lines today.

Here is what our HAL "personal cruise consultant" emailed me - 

I tried to get an answer on the HAL17605 promotion that you received in the mail.  I asked our marketing team if they can double check if that applies to the Oosterdam July 10, 2022 sailing.  I looked at the sample brochure and I also see it listed.  So hopefully they respond back to say “oops, that promotion should have been added.”  But I’ll know more tomorrow.

I’m sorry but I heard back from the marketing team and they advised that the decision was made to not implement that promotion.  So it is not available on any voyages.  The did say that there is a possibility that they will use the Mariner Private Sale promotion in the future but at this time the sales volume was looking good to not need that boost.  I asked about honoring the mailer anyway and they said that the fine print does say offers may be modified or withdrawn without prior notice.

I’m very sorry to get your hopes up on that.  But yes, if another promotion does come out, we can refare the crusie and take advantage of any future price drops because the bookings only need the refundable deposit.

@kaumond  I am sorry to hear that, perhaps that is why they offered me a handful of perks instead of the discount.  They did say in the flyer, limited availability.  I don't know if the limited availability is a new caveat or not as I have never paid too much attention to the private sales.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 7:07 AM, Mary229 said:

Just in case here is the code:  HAL17605US

Thank you.  I told the agent that some on Cruise Critic said they got the discount.  He went back to them and they honored it - $100 discount.

• Like 2