First fully vaccinated flights Florida to NY

10 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

They have revised the masking protocols for vaccinated people.  That doesn't include large groups of people on an airplane.  Or a cruise ship for that matter.  Doesn't look to me like any cruise line is relaxing their masking protocols for vaccinated cruises outside the US.  Is that the CDC's fault too?

So you don't think the CDC's mandates are influencing protocols for cruises outside of the U.S. That is interesting.

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you don't think the CDC's mandates are influencing protocols for cruises outside of the U.S. That is interesting.

I think that the health agencies in the various countries that are hosting these cruise lines are calling a lot of the shots.  Are they "influenced" by the CDC.  Maybe.  Are they making the same decisions as the CDC?  Not always. The UK certainly isn't as exhibited by their willingness to postpone second vaccine shots.  I think you are giving the CDC more credit than it's due in order to spread the blame to them for worldwide standards.  If the cruise lines were so sure of themselves and their health policies, they would be making allowances for their vaccinated sailings outside the US.  So far, they're not.  And they are not likely going to and take any chances in screwing things up right out of the gate.

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

They have revised the masking protocols for vaccinated people.  That doesn't include large groups of people on an airplane.  Or a cruise ship for that matter.  Doesn't look to me like any cruise line is relaxing their masking protocols for vaccinated cruises outside the US.  Is that the CDC's fault too?

The CDC specifically said the "large group" caveat was to protect the unvaccinated, which is ridiculous.

And RC has not announced any masking protocols yet for its non-US cruises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not at all expecting maskless cruises.

But I'm not expecting "put your mask back on in between bites" like the CDC wants to do, either.

But don't forget to not keep touching your mask.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Given that it was the "first" fully vaccinated flight I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.  

Agree. Hopefully this set a new precedent and the CDC will relax the mask mandate for fully vaccinated flights. THAT is what needs to be done to get people on board to get themselves vaccinated. The CDC needs to back the vaccines and send the message that these vaccines will bring normalcy back to their lives.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I'm not at all expecting maskless cruises.

But, but, but I thought it was ridiculous and draconian to require vaccinated passengers to wear a mask!  C'mon now.  Follow the science right?

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

But, but, but I thought it was ridiculous and draconian to require vaccinated passengers to wear a mask!  C'mon now.  Follow the science right?

On a ship with the percent of vaccinated people that the CDC is requiring it is ridiculous to also have the required mask mandates as presently written.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

On a ship with the percent of vaccinated people that the CDC is requiring it is ridiculous to also have the required mask mandates as presently written.

So, how should they be written?

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't get the big deal about a vaccinated flight.  Covid spread on airplanes has been pretty much zero due to how often air is circulated and filtered.

It's all feel-good stuff

IMHO, the ultimate goal of fully vaccinated flights is to relax the mask mandate. THAT would really drive home the "difference" between fully vaccinated flights and not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

So, again, what is the purpose of a vaccine.  You apparently have a plane full of vaccinated people and yet the mask.  Why get a vaccine if we still have to wear a mask?????

The purpose of the vaccine is so you don’t get severe symptoms or die....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lovescats5 said:

So, again, what is the purpose of a vaccine.  You apparently have a plane full of vaccinated people and yet the mask.  Why get a vaccine if we still have to wear a mask?????

and don't forget about the super duper hi-tech scientific covid air sucking systems on jetliners!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Because there is a federal mandate to wear masks on an airplane.  That mandate doesn't disappear because it's a fully vaccinated flight.

Not sure if really a difference but it's an Executive Order by President Biden. I remember even last July Flying w/o Mask and wasn't mandatory until each Airline decided to have us wear them. Not that would happen but Congress could pass Law and Void the EO

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who wonders if any of the passengers on that flight had fake vaccination records.

I'd bet at least one. Polls showing only 9% more without Vaccine plan on getting it. Multiple States asking for only about 10% of Vaccine they were assigned to get, declining rest of Quota as demand has gone down. 

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Biker, who wonders if any of the passengers on that flight had fake vaccination records.

The purpose of the flight apparently was a test of CLEAR's Health Vaccination app, and during the interview the rep said they don't use vaccination proof submitted by the person but obtain verification from other sources, and thus isn't subject to forged information.

Who knows. But that's what they're saying.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Agree. Hopefully this set a new precedent and the CDC will relax the mask mandate for fully vaccinated flights. THAT is what needs to be done to get people on board to get themselves vaccinated. The CDC needs to back the vaccines and send the message that these vaccines will bring normalcy back to their lives.

Do you really expect that kind of common sense from the politicians who lead the CDC and don't want to give up control?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, crazyank said:

Do you really expect that kind of common sense from the politicians who lead the CDC and don't want to give up control?

I have never considered the CDC as controlling. They are doing their job for the health and safety of the American people. Call me naive but I feel they dealing with a population that is filled with people who do not listen and follow guidance during a global pandemic.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2