First fully vaccinated flights Florida to NY

10 hours ago, harkinmr said:

They have revised the masking protocols for vaccinated people.  That doesn't include large groups of people on an airplane.  Or a cruise ship for that matter.  Doesn't look to me like any cruise line is relaxing their masking protocols for vaccinated cruises outside the US.  Is that the CDC's fault too?

The cruise lines should just bring in masks for life or masks for the next decade policy and take the CDC, NHS, SAGE and other monolithic 3 or 4 letter organisations out of that decision making process. And once this pandemic ends if it ever ends in a few years time they can roll that back themselves or not as opposed to being the mercy of these organisations.

19 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

The cruise lines should just bring in masks for life or masks for the next decade policy and take the CDC, NHS, SAGE and other monolithic 3 or 4 letter organisations out of that decision making process. And once this pandemic ends if it ever ends in a few years time they can roll that back themselves or not as opposed to being the mercy of these organisations.

Whether or not any government agencies mandate masks is the least if any cruise lines concerns right now. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

I have never considered the CDC as controlling. They are doing their job for the health and safety of the American people. Call me naive but I feel they dealing with a population that is filled with people who do not listen and follow guidance during a global pandemic.

They are dealing with a population that actually questions and doesn't blindly follow. Exactly the type of people who are thorns in the side of politicians and beaurocrats.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Not sure if really a difference but it's an Executive Order by President Biden. I remember even last July Flying w/o Mask and wasn't mandatory until each Airline decided to have us wear them. Not that would happen but Congress could pass Law and Void the EO

The mandate is derived from the EO.  It is a regulation enforced by the TSA. 

• Like 1

For starters.....this flight was a test flight to market it to only those that did not fly, were too scared to fly, were too scare to go out the doorway.  It was from a state that is totally FREE to as state controlled by a government that suppressed it's people.  Next a covid passport is a piece of paper that says the government freely allows you to move around.  You do know the USA is not a communist nation, and freedom to travel is allowed.  It was sad to see those people so happy to see their loved ones, when I have been seeing my family, my kids, my grandkids all last year, and it was not in the same state.......So depending on whether you were scared or not, or what state you lived in, that video, did not apply

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, boscobeans said:

Talking about flights to NY..  

Interesting to see what is really going on over head in the skies.

CAPTURE AS OF 8:13am THIS MORNING.

813.JPG

A little crowded up there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Heymarco said:

So glad fully vaccinated grandparents can now fly on a fully vaccinated and tested flight to see their unvaccinated grand babies who spend all day in school and day care. Seems fully logical to me. 🤦‍♂️

Some of us are still doing online schooling and haven't needed the daycare since our work is also allowing max telework and deviation from normal hours. My employer has announced that we will not be going back into the building for another 1.5 years and even that date is a place holder. The only time you can go into the office is to exchange equipment and on your assigned day to clean out your office/cubical.

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

The cruise lines know where their bread is buttered... Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Port Canaveral.

It's only because the prices for sailing from down there are cheap. The current ships are now big and fast enough to sail from NYC/NJ, Boston, Baltimore, Norfolk, etc down to the islands fast and cheap enough.
I'm hoping he runs the ships out and we get more choices out of other east coast ports. It's nice not having to deal with flying and still be able to get on  ship.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, ArthurUSCG said:

The current ships are now big and fast enough to sail from NYC/NJ, Boston, Baltimore, Norfolk, etc down to the islands fast and cheap enough.

Then why don't they? Other than the 9+ day cruises, cruises from those ports never go further south than the Bahamas.

Plus not everyone likes 2 sea days to start their cruise, potentially with fall/winter weather.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Vaccines have been available for months. They should have been revising the game plan for various scenarios accordingly.

It's the government. They aren't  known for spinning on a dime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Then why don't they? Other than the 9+ day cruises, cruises from those ports never go further south than the Bahamas.

Plus not everyone likes 2 sea days to start their cruise, potentially with fall/winter weather.

The itineraries for those mega ships aren't any worse than the 7 day itineraries out of Florida.  Plenty of people book those winter sailings. In all of my years I have never seen a last minute deal on any line leaving from NY, NJ like they get in Florida.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I don't get the big deal about a vaccinated flight.  Covid spread on airplanes has been pretty much zero due to how often air is circulated and filtered.

It's all feel-good stuff

Wait... your going down a dangerous path that includes common sense.  That isn't allowed.

1 hour ago, Iamcruzin said:

The itineraries for those mega ships aren't any worse than the 7 day itineraries out of Florida.  Plenty of people book those winter sailings. In all of my years I have never seen a last minute deal on any line leaving from NY, NJ like they get in Florida.

However, Miami and Port Everglades each easily service 11-12 ships on a high season weekend. It is easier to fill 2-3 ships sailing out of the Northeast.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

It's only because the prices for sailing from down there are cheap. The current ships are now big and fast enough to sail from NYC/NJ, Boston, Baltimore, Norfolk, etc down to the islands fast and cheap enough.
I'm hoping he runs the ships out and we get more choices out of other east coast ports. It's nice not having to deal with flying and still be able to get on  ship.

I get your point. My reference was those Florida ports vs. Non-U.S. sailings.

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

However, Miami and Port Everglades easily service 11-12 ships on a high season weekend. It is easier to fill 2-3 ships sailing out of the Northeast.

There are lines like Princess that are only here for fall Canada/New England sailings. I don't think Red Hook Brooklyn gets much use. 

15 hours ago, coffeebean said:

I have never considered the CDC as controlling. They are doing their job for the health and safety of the American people. Call me naive but I feel they dealing with a population that is filled with people who do not listen and follow guidance during a global pandemic.

Naive. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, boscobeans said:

Talking about flights to NY..  

Interesting to see what is really going on over head in the skies.

CAPTURE AS OF 8:13am THIS MORNING.

813.JPG

Peak times pre-Covid was 5000 plus planes at time. Can't remember time day though

22 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

The current ships are now big and fast enough to sail from NYC/NJ, Boston, Baltimore, Norfolk, etc down to the islands fast and cheap enough

No one is going to sail out of Baltimore. The city is too dangerous for tourists to visit. And the international airport not well served enough even if it was safe.

• Haha 1