BLC

emam

I'm looking to book a cruise and dh has a blue light card. I understand that we can get some obc through this. Can I book the holiday in my name if the blc is in dh's name? What details do they ask for to prove you have the card? Would I need him to be at home when making the booking.

52 minutes ago, emam said:

I'm looking to book a cruise and dh has a blue light card. I understand that we can get some obc through this. Can I book the holiday in my name if the blc is in dh's name? What details do they ask for to prove you have the card? Would I need him to be at home when making the booking.

It doesn't matter whose name the lead booker is, the BLC holder just has to be staying in the same cabin (although they've never actually asked me which one of us is the BLC holder). They ask for the BLC number and that's it. The card holder doesn't need to be there but it can only be used when you book by phone. Once it's noted on your account they can see it for any future bookings but I always remind them, just in case!

Edited by cruisenewbie1976
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

It doesn't matter whose name the lead booker is, the BLC holder just has to be staying in the same cabin (although they've never actually asked me which one of us is the BLC holder). They ask for the BLC number and that's it. The card holder doesn't need to be there but it can only be used when you book by phone. Once it's noted on your account they can see it for any future bookings but I always remind them, just in case!

Thanks, he has the card with him so I will  have to wait until he gets home to get the number.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

P&O have an amazing 45% discount on their Seacation cruises this summer, if you are interested in those.  As do Cunard.  25% off Princess. 

Just phoned Cunard asking about prices of Seacation cruises using BLC card and they are very good prices already booked with Princess but tempted to book one with Cunard. But the prices are not all 45% discount it depends on time of year and popularity of cruise so it varies.

Edited by majortom10

26 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

I'd be interested in the 25% off Princess. Is that for the seacation cruises? 

Yes, it is specifically for the Seacation sailings, as stated by majortom10 it might be, up to 25% off the Princess plus fare, depending on the specific sailing.  Details are on the BLC site, but basically say phone —————(it is the usual Princess telephone number) ,and quote BLC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

Yes, it is specifically for the Seacation sailings, as stated by majortom10 it might be, up to 25% off the Princess plus fare, depending on the specific sailing.  Details are on the BLC site, but basically say phone —————(it is the usual Princess telephone number) ,and quote BLC. 

Thank you 😊

For goodness sake! My husband has been wittering at me about doing a Princess seacation (along with the  Iona and Virtuosa ones but I said we can't do everything and time etc.... Now he knows about the BLC discount as well there'll be no stopping him!! 🤨😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Jeez, I've just had a look at the BLC website.  Think I'll be phoning tomorrow.  If the price is right I might even move our current staycation to something in 23, and just re-book!

Thanks Pink-Belle!!

I realise I may have just been “lucky” as it clearly says New Bookings only, but I phoned to do just that, but was very transparent about the reason, and they offered to apply the discount to my existing booking.  All done without a fuss.
I can’t praise the CCL’s enough for the service I have received from them throughout this dreadful pandemic.

• Like 1

A tip if you're calling Princess about one of these bookings - call in UK office hours. I was routed to the US call centre and the poor lady had no idea what a blue light card was and she couldn't get her system to accept it 🤣 she suggested I call tomorrow and speak to someone in the UK! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pink-belle said:

I realise I may have just been “lucky” as it clearly says New Bookings only, but I phoned to do just that, but was very transparent about the reason, and they offered to apply the discount to my existing booking.  All done without a fuss.
I can’t praise the CCL’s enough for the service I have received from them throughout this dreadful pandemic.

Wow.  That is really good.  Great to hear.

I saw somewhere today that Marella have some staycation 's from Tynemouth. If we get sorted with postponing our DLP holiday again, it might be a good time to give them a try.

15 hours ago, Pink-belle said:

Just booked to go on Regal Princess in August! You've saved us a fortune as we were about to book it online yesterday until I saw your post about the discount. Thank you so much!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Just booked to go on Regal Princess in August! You've saved us a fortune as we were about to book it online yesterday until I saw your post about the discount. Thank you so much!  

You’re Welcome, I was alerted to the offer by another BLC member, it’s a great offer so good to share it. 

• Like 2

Booked staycation direct with P&O getting the BLC discount this am.

Then changed our staycation booked via a TA to pre Christmas cruise on Ventura.  TA was very good in explaining how they will manage the price difference (they owe us a small amount), and the cruise is 5 nights longer!  Ok, we have plumped for an inside early saver as opposed to balcony, but may well upgrade nearer the time.  Well pleased.

Got the impression from P&O that if we had originally booked direct, they would have either simply applied the discount and refunded us the difference like Pink-Belle's earlier post or cancelled and re-booked refunding us the difference.

Thank you again Pink-Belle 😃😘

• Like 2