OK...It's now May 10th...When will Royal cancel July cruises?

2 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Oh that must mean you consider yourself one...have a better day

I will, thanks ! Why is it on here when some people give their opinions some on here can't stand for it.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I am so looking forward to when all the negative speculators get their comeuppance.

Me, too. Mind you, they'll never say they were wrong, but we'll know, and for me, that's all that matters. 😂

• Like 1

This whole thing is a mess. Cruise companies have said it takes app 90 days to restart operations, so we would be looking at mid-August. Meanwhile, early July cruises still aren't canceled?! They haven't really clarified the children-can-cruise-or-not question either (with the 5% exception)? I'm hoping the RC will come out with a definite summer schedule/statement before the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Royal is usually the last to cancel.  I think there are several other lines still selling July cruises out of the US.  Royal will cancel after they do

Carnival cancelled all July except 3 ships and NCL is no longer selling any July cruises.

2 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Carnival cancelled all July except 3 ships and NCL is no longer selling any July cruises.

Ok then Royal will cancel July after Disney, MSC and Princess cancels theirs 😇

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Ok then Royal will cancel July after Disney, MSC and Princess cancels theirs 😇

LOL -- after reading the CDC's memorandum for the Wednesday hearing, I doubt Disney out of PC on July 2nd will materialize.  They're looking at a Mid-July start for test cruises and limited revenue cruises. 

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

LOL -- after reading the CDC's memorandum for the Wednesday hearing, I doubt Disney out of PC on July 2nd will materialize.  They're looking at a Mid-July start for test cruises and limited revenue cruises. 

The strange thing for whatever reason NCL also did not have any cruises out of PC listed in their re-start plan.  And someone posted that the port schedule is showing the Mariner in Miami instead of PC for the remainder of 2021

Edited by molly361

42 minutes ago, exm said:

This whole thing is a mess. Cruise companies have said it takes app 90 days to restart operations, so we would be looking at mid-August. Meanwhile, early July cruises still aren't canceled?! They haven't really clarified the children-can-cruise-or-not question either (with the 5% exception)? I'm hoping the RC will come out with a definite summer schedule/statement before the end of the month.

LOL - By mid August the kids will be back in school.  Kids won't be an issue until the holidays and I certainly hope cruising has started up by then.

Edited by mek

54 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Me, too. Mind you, they'll never say they were wrong, but we'll know, and for me, that's all that matters. 😂

I don't have to be right at all, but I just get so annoyed when every comment someone makes is negative, and designed to criticise the rest of us and the cruiselines, anything.  I have yet to read one word a certain person says that is upbeat, happy, non aurgumentative and hopeful...so sad.  I feel compelled to give as good as I get, which is wrong...then afterword I feel bad, but dang if it doesn't happen again...always with the negatory..........well, that won't occurr anymore thx to the ignore function...I wish they'd ignore me too!  Ish!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BecciBoo said:

I don't have to be right at all, but I just get so annoyed when every comment someone makes is negative, and designed to criticise the rest of us and the cruiselines, anything.  I have yet to read one word a certain person says that is upbeat, happy, non aurgumentative and hopeful...so sad.  I feel compelled to give as good as I get, which is wrong...then afterword I feel bad, but dang if it doesn't happen again...always with the negatory..........well, that won't occurr anymore thx to the ignore function...I wish they'd ignore me too!  Ish!

It almost reminds me of a quote from the famously curmudgeon writer H.L. Mencken:

“Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere, may be happy.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

I am so looking forward to when all the negative speculators get their come uppance.

Did you also say that last summer.🤔

Eventually cruising will return and you can lead the 'I told you so' bandwagon😉

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Like you to find one post from me where I criticised even 1 person(post) from me.

Please just find 1?

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Well, so far, y'all been wrong way more. 

As I recall people swore cruising would return Summer 2020. And if you disagreed, you were a Debbie Downer. 

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Even after all this is done and cruising starts up again, no one is right or wrong, these are just opinions of what each of us thinks at this time.

There is no one right or wrong.........geez some people just don't get it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I predicted Royal would do an announcement on or before May 10th!    I was wrong!  I guess they are still trying to figure out all the logistics with the CDC and which ships they will start out the gates with.      Any day now.....

Plus we should hear the protocols for the summer sailings out of Bahamas this week.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

That can be said about a lot of posters here, including ones posting a constant drumbeat of negativity towards the CDC and the assumptions and diatribes that the CDC is trying to destroy the cruise industry.  There are many on here who will defend the cruise lines to the hilt and leave them with no responsibility, and the CDC is the enemy, pure and simple.  Many of us are rightly frustrated with those types of comments as well.  It works both ways.  I would challenge anyone to show that the majority of posts on any of these threads are "upbeat", "happy" and "hopeful".  Not in this day and age of cancellations and challenges to a restart.  This is supposed to be a discussion board.  Not an echo chamber. 

Edited by harkinmr
  • Like 4