Your first Cruise On Carnival.

thesmiths

On 5/11/2021 at 11:31 AM, IntrepidFromDC said:

Ouch.     😁         Great story!

My first cruise was with my daughter in 2013.  I didn't care that much for it because I missed the quality food and cultural experiences which enriched our previous vacations, usually training around Europe for a couple weeks.  But my daughter loved it so we did it again in early 2014.  Between 2014 and November 2019 we did 12 cruises.  I had to change my expectations about what a vacation "should" be, but seeing how happy my daughter was made the initial sacrifice worth it, now I love cruising too - as long as we get one trip to Europe each year.  I am getting weary of the Caribbean a bit though.  Looking forward to the few we haven't visited, and revisiting San Juan, St. Kitts, St. Martin, Curacao and Half Moon Cay but if I never see Freeport, Belize City or Roatan again I'll be happy.

Yeah, we have been on that Roatan cruise so many times and tired of it although we love, love, love Roatan.  We like Belize and Cozumel as well.  We flew to Roatan twice and spent a week there on West Bay Beach looking at land and condos.  Glad to be heading somewhere new in November and being on a new ship.

Carnivale, December 1979.  Our honeymoon.  A couple of interesting items about that cruise.  People told us we were crazy to take a 7 night cruise where neither of us had ever been on a cruise of any sort before.  We loved it, but it took a while before we really started cruising again - now 30 cruises under our belts, with 3 on the books.  

Our wedding was in Ohio, so we flew from Columbus to Miami.  In December - cold in Ohio, not so much in Miami.  Unfortunately, our bags somehow got checked to FT. LAUDERDALE.  The Carnival people did a great job of identifying our bags in Ft. Lauderdale and had them on the next plane to Miami.  We boarded the ship in our winter woolens not knowing if our bags would make it.  They did - as the very last bags up the conveyer belt and onto the ship.

• Like 3

October 2014, LEGEND. Had only been overseas only once, 20 years before when a company I worked for had confrence in Bali. 

New Partner, had cruised before & dragged me on a holiday. I had said no for 2 years. I loved it. Great staff, entertainment, food & destinations. I was only 42.

I have now done 22 cruise & we are 7 days from Diamond. I want to be one of the first under 50 to become Diamond in Australia.👍❤🛳

• Like 2

November 2011, Carnival Legend, My parents had gone on their first cruise the year before and loved it so much that they wanted to go on another cruise and invited me to come with them.

1986, The Carnavale. Kathy Lee was still singing on the airing TV commercials for Carnival. Went with a work friend.  We were in our mid 20's, had a blast. That spurred me on to a life time of cruising. Been on over 100 with my family. I so have missed the opportunity to cruise during this pandemic. 

• Like 2