WHEN DO YOU THINK CRUISES WILL HAVE NO RESTRICTIONS

mcrcruiser

1 hour ago, mcrcruiser said:

That would be news . However ,who would submit their baby to such trails ?

There have been many stories in the media on the topic. Many pediatricians have allowed their children, of all ages to participate in the trials.

On a related topic, on ABC today, the two teenaged children of the CEO of CVS got their vaccines. 

19 hours ago, Horizon chaser 1957 said:

That’s good news! We all know that vaccination certificates can, and will, be forged. We also know that the ship can, and will, put a passenger caught with forged documents off at the next port to find their way home at their own expense. After all, most cards have enough info on them to be traceable.

Cards are merely personal vaccination record. 

4 minutes ago, rucrazy said:

I have been following this story all day... What I heard was if all are vaccinated all masks are off indoors and outdoors!

If I heard correct isn't that a great gift!

Joseph - this takes it a step further if I'm reading it correctly.  If you're fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear a mask no matter where you are or who you're around, whether others are vaccinated or not.

1 hour ago, ChutChut said:

Cards are merely personal vaccination record. 

True.  But, for those going outside of North America, EU is requiring a digital vaccination passport to enter the EU.

So happy for you Americans!  Of course, Dr. Walensky also said that things can change;  we Canadians have very few people fully vaccinated - most just have had their first dose, and will have to wait up to 16 weeks for their second, so we will be watching carefully to see how it goes with you.   If it works, it will mean the ships can go back to (pretty much) normal, as long as everyone is vaccinated.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, zelker said:

Joseph - this takes it a step further if I'm reading it correctly.  If you're fully vaccinated, you don't have to wear a mask no matter where you are or who you're around, whether others are vaccinated or not.

Almost. There will still be mask requirements on planes, buses and other mass transit,  and a couple other large, densely populated situations.

6 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Almost. There will still be mask requirements on planes, buses and other mass transit,  and a couple other large, densely populated situations.

Yes, you're right that masks will likely remain in effect for public transit and healthcare settings for now.  Also, local health authorities still have the authority to have mask mandates in place so it's not a 100% Get Out Of Jail Free card quite yet.  Still, this seems HUGE to me and we are SO SO SO SO glad we're fully vaccinated and do not understand why anyone would not want to be. 

Edited by zelker
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

It also means that for those not fully vaccinated, masks will still be required.  Do you think that will fly?

Actually, I think it just means for those not fully vaccinated, masks will still be RECOMMENDED.  Masks for fully vaccinated people are no longer RECOMMENDED, except in relatively few specific situations and if the business requires patrons to wear a mask you're supposed to still do so.  I can't think of any way for a cruise line or store to know who is vaccinated and who isn't (except for lines that are successful in requiring vaccine proof prior to boarding), but those of us who are vaccinated are safe to go without masks around the unvaccinated because we're not likely to get sick and it's very unlikely we could transmit it if we did catch it.  For the unvaccinated it's a different story - they could stay healthy, get sick & die, or somewhere in between - but that's no longer something us vaccinated people need to be concerned with - it's the unvaccinated's choice to accept that risk.

Sue/WDW1972

18 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

Actually, I think it just means for those not fully vaccinated, masks will still be RECOMMENDED.  Masks for fully vaccinated people are no longer RECOMMENDED, except in relatively few specific situations and if the business requires patrons to wear a mask you're supposed to still do so.  I can't think of any way for a cruise line or store to know who is vaccinated and who isn't (except for lines that are successful in requiring vaccine proof prior to boarding), but those of us who are vaccinated are safe to go without masks around the unvaccinated because we're not likely to get sick and it's very unlikely we could transmit it if we did catch it.  For the unvaccinated it's a different story - they could stay healthy, get sick & die, or somewhere in between - but that's no longer something us vaccinated people need to be concerned with - it's the unvaccinated's choice to accept that risk.

Sue/WDW1972

We feel that any cruise ship we step onto for any sailing to be fully vaccinated ,both passengers & crew . .imo ,to have unvaccinated people on board is simply asking for trouble .Additionally , foreign ports  may require the 100 % vaccinations  to dock at their ports   .This virus problem will be around for awhile  & we certainly do not want any cruise ship illness with this virus .

22 hours ago, wdw1972 said:

Sue/WDW1972

Some states are still mandating masks for the short term, and of course, if a business requires them you need to comply otherwise considered trespassing. Masks are still required on planes, trains , and buses. In essence, public transportation.

On 5/14/2021 at 2:41 PM, Heartgrove said:

Some states are still mandating masks for the short term, and of course, if a business requires them you need to comply otherwise considered trespassing. Masks are still required on planes, trains , and buses. In essence, public transportation.

imo as more & more people get vaccinated in the US those mask restrictions will go away .It is a matter of vaccinations & time ,at this point  .Great for the cruise industry looking forward