Ventura recollections

sail1658

I can't believe it's over two years since we sailed on our last Ventura cruise in March 2019. So to keep our cruise memories alive I've been re-editing my cruise videos and posting them on YouTube.  

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbYW-Y1IjRSD9MECilTBG5A

Here's part 1 of my recollections of that cruise to Spain and Portugal. More to follow later.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tring said:

chopper evac, presumably before you even left UK waters

Yes it was a crew member and it was just off Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight. 

We're looking forward to our next Ventura cruise in April 2022 using our FCC for that.

Thank you, I enjoyed that very much and look forward to seeing more.  We were last on Ventura in April 2019 on a Spain and Portugal cruise and even though the weather was 'iffy' we enjoyed the cruise.  Next cruise on Ventura is June of next year, so it's good to be reminded.

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

We were last on Ventura in April 2019

Thanks mrsgoggins and Adawn47 for your kind comments.  

Our Iberian cruise sailed on 24th March until early April calling at Vigo,  Lisbon,  Cartagena, Malaga, Gibraltar and La Coruna, and the weather was quite good except for rain in Malaga. I'll be posting further instalments next week. I've enjoyed the experience of reliving our cruises in these videos until we can go again as soon as possible.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Again thanks for posting this video. It's inspirational for me, gives me some ideas and it's nice to see other folks adventures. Just love the choppy seas. 

😁

13 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

Sindu looks good, definitely on my want to do list.

We enjoyed Sindhu too. If you wait until you're on board they offer discounts. It's good to book on embarkation day for discounted dates, and it's similar with Epicurean Restaurant. But these offers soon get snapped up.

1 hour ago, sail1658 said:

Thanks mrsgoggins and Adawn47 for your kind comments.  

Our Iberian cruise sailed on 24th March until early April calling at Vigo,  Lisbon,  Cartagena, Malaga, Gibraltar and La Coruna, and the weather was quite good except for rain in Malaga. I'll be posting further instalments next week. I've enjoyed the experience of reliving our cruises in these videos until we can go again as soon as possible.

I’m so jealous as we had a similar cruise booked last year, obviously cancelled due to covid. I really want to see the Alhambra from Malaga! 

I got a little sad when I saw the “to the ship” sign! Never fails to excite me! 

Edited by P&O SUE

Thank you so much for posting. It brought back some lovely memories. Especially when the officer of the watch gives they’re midday announcement! Honestly it gave me goose bumps 😂 Ventura is now our favourite ship, it was Oceana before they sold her. The kids love the arcade and the pool and we love the glass house! Our favourite place on any ship we have been on. I’m looking forward to watching the next installment.

2 hours ago, crazy cat lady 83 said:

Thank you so much for posting. It brought back some lovely memories. Especially when the officer of the watch gives they’re midday announcement! Honestly it gave me goose bumps 😂 Ventura is now our favourite ship, it was Oceana before they sold her. The kids love the arcade and the pool and we love the glass house! Our favourite place on any ship we have been on. I’m looking forward to watching the next installment.

Yes I love the Glasshouse too 😊

• Like 2

I literally watched your Ventura video on youtube last night and saw your post just and had to say hello, thank you for posting your video.I look forward to more videos in the future 

I`m not a fan of Ventura, I was on board in 2013 I think for a 2 night Belgium trip... I much preferred Azura, Having sailed on her 3x over the years 

On 5/13/2021 at 2:20 PM, P&O SUE said:

I’m so jealous as we had a similar cruise booked last year, obviously cancelled due to covid. I really want to see the Alhambra from Malaga! 

I got a little sad when I saw the “to the ship” sign! Never fails to excite me! 

We went to the Alhambra on our last cruise in September 2019. It was something I had wanted to do for years and it was wonderful. Looking back, so glad we had a chance to do it.

hope you see it one day 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

I`m not a fan of Ventura, I was on board in 2013 I think for a 2 night Belgium trip... I much preferred Azura, Having sailed on her 3x over the years 

Now that's interesting because I have done a week on both Ventura and Azura and preferred Ventura. I wonder what makes the difference to most folk as they are very similar.  For us, it was a simple matter of preferring to be close to the front in the theatre and being able to get there by walking along a sloping corridor and not going down the stairs - sometimes a tricky manoeuvre with a glass in hand and choppy seas!

13 hours ago, cruisefan2012 said:

just and had to say hello, thank you for posting your video.I look forward to more videos in the future 

Thanks for these appreciative comments. I'm just finishing the process of the next videos, and hope to post more soon, - a day at sea, and Vigo.

15 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

We went to the Alhambra on our last cruise in September 2019. It was something I had wanted to do for years and it was wonderful. Looking back, so glad we had a chance to do it.

hope you see it one day 

I, too, have wanted to go for years! Thank you, I hope I can arrange it, be at least 2023 I would think now!

• Like 1

We went on Ventura maiden cruise and never really took to her at all and is the only cruise we have done on her but we went on Azura maiden cruise and loved her and went on to do a further 4 cruises on her. Strange I know but that is what makes us all different. Also XV11, now Epicurean, was the best and still is IMO the best speciality restaurant of all the P&O ships.

I like them both but Azura  is my favourite because it was our first cruise. We have also done more cruises on Azura ( just co-incidence just right itinerary and time) It was also poor weather on Ventura the first time and that made the indoor pool area really crowded.