No mask Required at CocoCay

1 hour ago, BonTexasNY said:

I would rather err on the side of doing all I can

Sometimes it pays to be overly cautious.  I'm all for it...I just happen to be a very pragmatic person.

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are looking too book a cruise that is in the immediate future then you absolutely must base your decisions on exactly how things stand today.

So glad I'm not cruising till next spring. Most of the 'bugs' should be worked out by then..plus we should hopefully be in a much better situation, worldwide, in terms of covid. 

6 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Lots of folks call me Boo for short, even hubs but I don't really like it, but I'll take BecciBoo ok.  Just not Sue!🤪

When I was a kid everyone that I knew had a nickname.Mine was tree because I was so much taller than the other kids.

13 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

So glad I'm not cruising till next spring. Most of the 'bugs' should be worked out by then..plus we should hopefully be in a much better situation, worldwide, in terms of covid. 

I have one at Christmas and am starting to feel a lot better about it.

• Like 1

Gimme a break.

Royals staff will all be vaccinated.  no need for masks and they have already eliminated masks on CocoCay.

Your days of saying masks for like are DONE!

But all passengers might not be? How are they going to ensure that unvaccinated passengers wear masks when the vaccinated ones do not have to?

Unless they go the route of person of interest or George Orwell's 1984 to use an analogy. Will unvaccinated people be tracked around the ship by security or by a flash up on the computer screen when the keycard is used?

Or ROYAL brings in the mask policy themselves? This might not be a big problem for Royal but for Carnival it might be. Their current position in that vaccines are not required to travel.

Edited by ace2542

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But all passengers might not be? How are they going to ensure that unvaccinated passengers wear masks when the vaccinated ones do not have to?

Unless they go the route of person of interest or George Orwell's 1984 to use an analogy. Will unvaccinated people be tracked around the ship by security or by a flash up on the computer screen when the keycard is used?

Easy...stick with vaccinated cruises.  Repeat after me...Masks are not for life.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Or ROYAL brings in the mask policy themselves? This might not be a big problem for Royal but for Carnival it might be. Their current position in that vaccines are not required to travel.

A gold star sewn on their clothes?

I have one at Christmas and am starting to feel a lot better about it.

I must say....if I had one in late fall I think I'd be (somewhat) comfortable with the idea. We have a (non-cruising) trip in fall anyway - already rebooked from last year - so starting to get used to the idea of getting back out there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

I guess I won't ask you how you feel about July and September😇

Luckily for me I haven’t had to think about those. With our vaccination program being what it is and our borders closed I’m not sure we will be travelling internationally by September.  Right now I’m doubtful that our trip to Banff in July will happen. 

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Luckily for me I haven’t had to think about those. With our vaccination program being what it is and our borders closed I’m not sure we will be travelling internationally by September.  Right now I’m doubtful that our trip to Banff in July will happen. 

Bummer

• Like 1

Just now, molly361 said:

Bummer

Yep, just extended our lockdown by 2 more weeks until Jun 2.  Only grocery stores an pharmacies open, everything else is curb side pickup.  Even outdoor things like golf courses closed.  Interprovincial travel prohibited. 

• Like 1

Yawn, more reactive 'guidance'.  In Florida, face coverings have been quasi-required at water parks but in practice, no one wears them except for F&B queues and restrooms (which are inside).  This represents maybe 10% of one's time in the park.  Meaning, it's comically futile.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Doesn't the recent Royal announcement of not seeking 95% vaccinated status affect the no mask at cococay policy?

Isn't virtually everything at coco cay outdoors?  Can't imagine a mask being required.