No mask Required at CocoCay

1 minute ago, sandebeach said:

Yes, I can't think of any fast food place in South Florida that does not have inside dining open. We have done fast-food for lunch on occasion and sometimes sit inside when it is just too hot to sit outside. 

Every ChickFilA still has their indoor dining closed (South Florida)

Just now, jrapps said:

It will be interesting to see if the CDC requires masks on private islands, how is CocoCay going to be handled? When a cruise from Nassau arrives, no masks, but a cruise from the US docks, and everyone including the locals have to put them on?

It sounds like they will, but it may change.

Sidney

22 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Not sure where you live, but no one is eating in McDonalds where I live.

Same here McDonald's remains as drive thru only.    I don't eat fast food much but I believe Burger King, Wendy's, Chick-fil-a, Popeyes and KFC are all drive thru only in my area

7 minutes ago, SidneyHuff1950 said:

Not sure if this lady is right, but if we look at the CDC cso, they require masks on the private island.

https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/cruise/ti-simulated-voyages-cso.html

Private-island shore excursions if any are planned during restricted passenger voyages. The following measures must be observed on the private island:

• Only one ship can port at the island at any one time.
  • A routine screening testing protocol must be implemented for island staff who are expected to interact with volunteer passengers or crew.
  • Mask use and social distancing must be observed on the island.

Sidney

There are 162 different irrelevant discussions going on here but this is two separate topics pertaining to cruises. 

The subject of the post was no masks being required on Coco Cay as announced by a Royal VP. This is not a sailing from a US port so the CDC guidelines do not carry any weight.

Subsequently, at nearly the same time, the CDC updated their own guidance to add clarity to when masks should be worn outdoors on board, on a sailing from a US port under the Restricted Sailing guidelines. For those sailings, as of now, the guidance is to wear a mask, unless you are vaccinated and not in a crowded space.  

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, jrapps said:

Every ChickFilA still has their indoor dining closed (South Florida)

For personal reasons I do not do ChickFilA. But my husband just reminded me that when we did the drive through for Pollo Tropicale the other day, he did not remember seeing anyone eating inside. People were ordering and picking up food inside, but he did not see anyone sitting down and eating inside. However, the Governor has said that there are no restrictions on food businesses. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

There are 162 different irrelevant discussions going on here but this is two separate topics pertaining to cruises. 

The subject of the post was no masks being required on Coco Cay as announced by a Royal VP. This is not a sailing from a US port so the CDC guidelines do not carry any weight.

Subsequently, at nearly the same time, the CDC updated their own guidance to add clarity to when masks should be worn outdoors, on a sailing from a US port under the Restricted Sailing guidelines. For those sailings, as of now, the guidance is to wear a mask, unless you are vaccinated and not in a crowded space.  

It took 4 pages to find a sensical and non-political reply. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Subsequently, at nearly the same time, the CDC updated their own guidance to add clarity to when masks should be worn outdoors on board, on a sailing from a US port under the Restricted Sailing guidelines. For those sailings, as of now, the guidance is to wear a mask, unless you are vaccinated and not in a crowded space.  

I'm booked on Vision sailings out of Bermuda that goes to CocoCay too.    This is great news for those sailings that start end of June.   

12 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Don't forget you have to hold your left hand above your right ear, stand on the balls of your right foot and sashay in a circle 3 times in between removing and replacing your mask between bites.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Still in effect I'll take it to go and eat in my Cabin. Do miss the large Trays that WJ had

One reason why we are staying in OS or higher for nearly all of our upcoming cruises.  We will have the option to eat in our room (comfortably) if things are too Draconian.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

If you go to a beach in NJ you don't have to wear a mask and that is a mix of vaccinated and unvaccinated people so if you are on a private island where everyone is fully vaccinated why would you need to wear a mask?

I have never been to a beach in NJ and have not been to a beach in the US since 1970.Are you saying that there is no social distancing on beaches in NJ ? How can that be ?

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have never been to a beach in NJ and have not been to a beach in the US since 1970.Are you saying that there is no social distancing on beaches in NJ ? How can that be ?

There still are rules on NJ beaches and boardwalks.

https://covid19.nj.gov/faqs/nj-information/reopening-guidance-and-restrictions/are-beaches-open-what-are-the-restrictions#direct-link

2 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Still in effect I'll take it to go and eat in my Cabin. Do miss the large Trays that WJ had

Instead of the limited room service menu maybe they can partner with doordash to deliver food that is available throughout the ship. It can be sold as another cruise planner item like the Key.

Edited by Iamcruzin
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Good news, but not great news.  The only reason the CDC threw that "except in crowds" caveat in there was to protect the unvaccinated.

That still suggests you have to wear a mask poolside if you can't be 6 feet away.

Boy, you are like a dog with a bone aren’t you?  Positive movement on vaccinated sailing rules and you’re still out there with your sledgehammer. 

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Lenny

Last year on Long Island beaches in the thick of the pandemic masks only needed to worn when using the restroom or ordering food or drinks at the concession stands. They had a 10 foot rule for sitting on the beach and the life guards had a 10 foot pole that they used to check if the spacing was questionable. This was at Robert Moses field 5.  They also had cones placed in every other parking space so you couldn't even park next to anyone.  In all my years going to the beaches on Long Island this was by far the best year. The water was even clean.

3 hours ago, jrapps said:

The masks in-between bites was never actually in the CDC guidelines, just people's interpretation of the line "removal of the mask for extended meal service or beverage consumption would constitute a violation of this Order."

The no non-cruise excursions is great! Seems the CDC is beginning to lighten up, which tells me that talks are going on behind the scenes. I don't think the CDC just decided to change these. There are probably ongoing conversations between the cruise lines and the CDC and these rules are continuously changing. That would be a very good sign.

Edit - sadly, the buffet limit is still there as far as I can see...it still says "Eliminate self-service food and drink options, such as self-service buffets, salad bars, and beverage stations."

I don’t think eliminating self-service buffets is a bad thing. It’s actually more sanitary and self-service should have been eliminated long ago.  

And I agree that this shows the CDC and the cruise lines ARE working together. 

53 minutes ago, sandebeach said:

For personal reasons I do not do ChickFilA. But my husband just reminded me that when we did the drive through for Pollo Tropicale the other day, he did not remember seeing anyone eating inside. People were ordering and picking up food inside, but he did not see anyone sitting down and eating inside. However, the Governor has said that there are no restrictions on food businesses. 

I find this so strange since Florida has been open for business for quite some time. Even here I see signs on the doors of the fast food restaurants advertising that the dining rooms are open. Nobody is inside but I think that everyone is just so spoiled with all of the drive up service that is being offered from all types of stores. I don't go into a store unless I have to. It's not because I'm afraid, it's because I have become lazy. Between all of the apps and delivery services there is no reason to waste time shopping or standing on line to wait for  a food order.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

Boy, you are like a dog with a bone aren’t you?  Positive movement on vaccinated sailing rules and you’re still out there with your sledgehammer. 

Yes, because giving a starving person a piece of bread when you know you should and are perfectly able to give them an entire meal is only positive in the context you at least gave that person something.

2 hours ago, jrapps said:

LOL, I forgot we live in the age of alternative facts. Not sure how linking directly to official documents and websites is an opinion, but fine. It is my OPINION that there are no official and documented CDC orders, mandates, websites, printed declarations, anywhere that says you must wear masks between sips and bites on a cruise ship (or airplane for that matter). If someone would like to point me to such a CDC document in writing, then I will gladly change my opinion. It is my OPINION that the TSA has implemented such a directive on airplanes.

I guess you aren’t aware that questioning a poster’s interpretation of a rule is forbidden, no matter how nonsensical it is.  You must participate in group think. 

• Like 1

Just now, Iamcruzin said:

I find this so strange since Florida has been open for business for quite some time. Even here I see signs on the doors of the fast food restaurants advertising that the dining rooms are open. Nobody is inside but I think that everyone is just so spoiled with all of the drive up service that is being offered from all types of stores. I don't go into a store unless I have to. It's not because I'm afraid, it's because I have become lazy. Between all of the apps and delivery services there is no reason to waste time shopping or standing on line to wait for  a food order.

I would give anything to not have to sit in drive thru... if the dining rooms are open then I go inside to order even though it usually to go.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Yes, because giving a starving person a piece of bread when you know you should and are perfectly able to give them an entire meal is only positive in the context you at least gave that person something.

Ok. Wow. Whatever. 

2 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

I guess you aren’t aware that questioning a poster’s interpretation of a rule is forbidden, no matter how nonsensical it is.  You must participate in group think. 

And we don't have to listen to your interpretation of the rules either when we have lived them.

Edited by mauraoel
Correction

1 minute ago, mauraoel said:

I would give anything to not have to sit in drive thru... if the dining rooms are open then I go inside to order even though it usually to go.

That's what I used to do because it was faster. Now I order from the app, pay thru the app and drive up to the parking spot marked as a pick up spot and they bring the order to me. I know this won't last forever but I'm going to milk it for all it's worth. 

• Like 1