No mask Required at CocoCay

4 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Just because the CDC appears to be backing down does not mean Royal won't introduce them themselves to protect their own staff.

Gimme a break.

Royals staff will all be vaccinated.  no need for masks and they have already eliminated masks on CocoCay.

Your days of saying masks for like are DONE!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ricka47 said:

Plus, I was down for a day after dose 1 (Pfizer) and 2-1/2 days after dose 2 which prompted her to cancel her appointment.

I slept for 2 days, but good for me, I needed the rest...all in all, not bad to be really protected.  I'd sacrifice that any day.  We're all such babies.  Think of what people went through before any vaccines at all.  These vaccines have finally gotten a proven track record...and newer versions will take care of the varients everyone is so afraid of.  No one can compare India with the rest of the world.  India has its own particular scenerios.  They will beat it too, and sooner than we think.  We're almost there people!  Rejoice!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

"The CDC will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds."

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-masks-cdc-guidelines-9d10c8b5f80a4ac720fa1df2a4fb93e5?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=ap

Lot change in 2 weeks, cant wait see what another 2 months bring!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

"The CDC will also no longer recommend that fully vaccinated people wear masks outdoors in crowds."

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus-masks-cdc-guidelines-9d10c8b5f80a4ac720fa1df2a4fb93e5?utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=ap

As I said in a post last night, the CDC Director told The News on Shephard Smith to "Stay tuned" when he questioned her last night about masks for vaccinated people. I guess she already knew that the CDC was announcing changes to mask guidance, but didn't want to say until the official announcement.  

Just now, sandebeach said:

As I said in a post last night, the CDC Director told The News on Shephard Smith to "Stay tuned" when he questioned her last night about masks for vaccinated people. I guess she already knew that the CDC was announcing changes to mask guidance, but didn't want to say until the official announcement.  

This could be why RC held off on announcing their protocols for the Bahamas cruises.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tippyton said:

Soothing salve here....there is substantial evidence that natural infection is protective and long lasting.  The same can be said for vaccines.  The vaccine delivers a calibrated quantity of active ingredient that your body responds to.  Natural infection delivers an uncalibrated quantity of virus that your body may or may not handle without effect.  It appears if your body gets a large dose, the reaction back is stronger (more antibodies).  We dont know how much that matters as it relates to reinfection risk.  Jumping in altitude again, previously infected people are protected so once infected no need to vaccinate  a la chicken pox, measels, polio.  The difference with flu as I understand has to do with the structure of the virus itself and it's a ability to mutate and such.  I'm not in medicine but have done a lot of reading in the last year.  Dont believe me - seek out yourself.

But since it's unclear how long natural infection antibodies are protective, wouldn't it make sense to vaccinate to be sure? I would think a doctor would agree.  It can only be beneficial. If I had gotten covid I would want the vaccine as soon as I could get it, I think 3 months after a negative covid test. And, your soothing salve was much appreciated.

• Like 1

It's ironic that the CDC changed its stance on masks on cruise ships around the same time as this interview with NCL's Frank Del Rio:

(See interview link below)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ceo-cdc-guidelines-for-cruises-are-stupid/vi-BB1gvgMQ

31 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Woo-hoo! Normal cruising looks more likely every day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

It's ironic that the CDC changed its stance on masks on cruise ships around the same time as this interview with NCL's Frank Del Rio:

(See interview link below)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/norwegian-cruise-line-holdings-ceo-cdc-guidelines-for-cruises-are-stupid/vi-BB1gvgMQ

There's a saying that "correlation does not equal causation."

While that's true, I do think the easing of restrictions happening at the same time the CDC is increasingly under fire by the media, science, and government is very coincidental. VERY coincidental.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

But since it's unclear how long natural infection antibodies are protective, wouldn't it make sense to vaccinate to be sure? I would think a doctor would agree.  It can only be beneficial. If I had gotten covid I would want the vaccine as soon as I could get it, I think 3 months after a negative covid test. And, your soothing salve was much appreciated.

I understand your point.  There is much more to the immune system than antibodies which wane over time at varying rates ( nobody understands exactly the factors here).  What is known is the immunity from natural infection is robust and long lasting, as with vaccines.  We do know scientifically that SARS 1 and SARS 2 are closely related, SARS 1 survivors cannot get SARS 2, and  SARS 1 survivors are immune 18 years later.  Sometimes science doesnt give direct answers.  I am a geologist by trade.  Fossils of clams in rocks are a clue that give me insight into the history of the rock and the environment in which it developed.  Just because nobody had direct evidence they saw water doesnt make the conclusion the clam lived in a lake or sea any less valid.

I have a friend who was in excellent health who died last year from Covid.

I have too many medical issues and had been wearing a mask in my car ,in my house if someone came in to do repair work and if I was outside.

Last week I stopped wearing the mask in the car and walking outside to the car.

People have different opinions about everything.If everyone shared the same opinion life would be very dull,IMHO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have too many medical issues and had been wearing a mask in my car ,in my house if someone came in to do repair work and if I was outside.

People have different opinions about everything.If everyone shared the same opinion life would be very dull,IMHO.

Lenny, somehow I just knew you'd say this!  No surprise, but hey, you do what you do!  I respect that!

1 hour ago, ace2542 said:

Just because the CDC appears to be backing down does not mean Royal won't introduce them themselves to protect their own staff.

The CDC is not an advesary.

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

I slept for 2 days, but good for me, I needed the rest...all in all, not bad to be really protected.  I'd sacrifice that any day.  We're all such babies.  Think of what people went through before any vaccines at all.  These vaccines have finally gotten a proven track record...and newer versions will take care of the varients everyone is so afraid of.  No one can compare India with the rest of the world.  India has its own particular scenerios.  They will beat it too, and sooner than we think.  We're almost there people!  Rejoice!

I've only had my first Pfizer. Same side effects as other vaccinations, sore arm. Quite sore at the injection site the next day.

On a side note, I wish they would stop showing people getting injected. If anything is discouraging people this would be it. I've seen needles that look longer than the width of the arm. Worse are the injections in which the needle creates a divit before actually piercing the skin.

24 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

I understand your point.  There is much more to the immune system than antibodies which wane over time at varying rates ( nobody understands exactly the factors here).  What is known is the immunity from natural infection is robust and long lasting, as with vaccines.  We do know scientifically that SARS 1 and SARS 2 are closely related, SARS 1 survivors cannot get SARS 2, and  SARS 1 survivors are immune 18 years later.  Sometimes science doesnt give direct answers.  I am a geologist by trade.  Fossils of clams in rocks are a clue that give me insight into the history of the rock and the environment in which it developed.  Just because nobody had direct evidence they saw water doesnt make the conclusion the clam lived in a lake or sea any less valid.

Covid-19 immunity is still a big question mark. I would rather err on the side of doing all I can, including getting the vaccine than just assuming I am immune sufficiently, if I had survived covid, without the vaccine, but that's just me.  I know plenty of folks feel differently.

5 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

Nothing wrong with doing what makes you feel comfortable.