The Daily for Thursday May 13, 2021

richwmn

Good early evening and Happy Thursday!  Thank you for the Daily Rich and thank you for the lists Jacqui.

I haven't read the entire Daily yet, somehow my day was filled with things to do and only now am getting back to page 2.  I had an appointment this morning with the NP at my doctor's office and it was my first time meeting her.  It seemed to take forever for a lot of nothing.  They just got a new computer program so I think that had a lot to do with it, but it might also be that the NP is new to the practice.  Anyway, my right ear is still not healed, she said it would take time and wants to see me in a week and to keep using the ear drops.

I wanted to jump in with some Saguenay pictures.  I shared a few when the St. Lawrence River was the port.  I really loved Saguenay and am happy that it is on our itinerary for our October 2022 cruise.

The three of us (DH, DM, and myself) were on the Eurodam, New York to Quebec City.  On September 4, 2009 we were met at the dock in Saguenay by locals, it was quite a celebration:

IMG_1086.thumb.JPG.6cd928e8390460a2f820e0d3feb15b9e.JPG

We were the first cruise ship to dock at the new cruise terminal:

IMG_1108.thumb.JPG.3f8c993289d176dbb0cfd25dae98e973.JPG

There were a lot of activities going on.  You could choose to participate if you wanted:IMG_1095.thumb.JPG.4e666b95ccc149b5c50b22fc63c2c521.JPG

IMG_1097.thumb.JPG.a19e07d58a029329ddedffdf4e226c22.JPG

IMG_1093.thumb.JPG.77b68ca825e3d2fc27a55b2f88b24675.JPG

IMG_1095.thumb.JPG.4e666b95ccc149b5c50b22fc63c2c521.JPG

This was French Class but I think they taking a break and eating lunch.  Behind them you can see part of the lovely town:

IMG_1096.thumb.JPG.66ed14f72073dbc98942ef245b8b1688.JPG

The wine was flowing for the celebration:

IMG_1094.thumb.JPG.60ef1c734042a14093e8b47244306b29.JPG

We didn't have anything planned this day so we walked around a bit and visited this church.  Sorry, I don't remember the name.

IMG_1101.thumb.JPG.9102d9ecf9d4618f2262f4245f7bc67d.JPG

IMG_1102.thumb.JPG.d05c1936bb79f72c6c9c3a57a3d029b7.JPG

Time to get back on board to sail away:IMG_1105.thumb.JPG.8d422a3a843c79245989ac9868d8d924.JPG

It was my Mother's Birthday and that evening at dinner she was serenaded.  (I wish I could remember the lady's name on the right.)

IMG_1141.thumb.JPG.ec4b1bbac53d98620db9421261cf985c.JPG

Have a great evening everyone!

IMG_1095.JPG

Edited by Sharon in AZ
Sorry for the duplicate picture, I couldn't figure out how to remove them.
  • Like 18

Thanks for sll the daily reports, photos and humour.

We do have a leprechaun fridge magnet we purchased  in Ireland.

Best wishes to everyone on the care list.

@rafinmd Roy, our thoughts are with you.

It's a sunny but windy day here, winter is coming, minus 5 C out at the airport this morning.

Fiji now reported 4 deaths from Covid-19.

Take care everyone.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Don’t feel bad.  I have NOTHING in (other than perennials).

It’s way to cold, abnormally cold to put anything out so all the plants are staining in their little pots.  It’s either going to be a great year or a year where I cry.  I have never had to wait this long before.  

And now the deck is being in the midst of being stained 😌 

From the Garden Club cheerleader squad:

Lean to the left, lean to the right

Stand up, sit down

Fight, fight, fight!   

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!
We're gonna grow our plants up high
And you wanna know why?
'Cause we've got spirit
And we're riding high, so
V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!

• Like 10
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, rafinmd said:
Thank you for all the continuing prayers and good wishes.

I just got the call from the hospital.  They want me there at 6:30 tomorrow and the Fire Department Business Manager will pick me up at 5:45.  I was originally told 5:30 with the procedure starting at 9 and lasting about 3 hours.  I don't know if my later arrival will mean a later start but I hope to be finished in the noon to 1PM time frame.  I'm guessing that it will be some time after that before I am able to get into a room and communicate.

I will be taking both my cell phone and IPAD and there several people who I will update on my status depending on the circumstances.  I will ask anybody to call to be prepared to "reply all" to this email to update others but I may also try to send out some very cryptic messages on the IPAD.

It is possible that I could be discharged and sent home Saturday but also very possible that it could either be longer or that I could be sent to a skilled nursing or rehab facility for a stay.

It's getting really real now.

Kazu, if you get an email from somebody else in the mail group you may want to post the key points here.

Roy

God be with you Roy.  Get well soon, just in time for the cruise industry start up.  I love reading your blogs!

• Like 7

4 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

@rafinmd🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Dearest Roy,

Thinking of you always and especially now! On our way home waiting at the airport! You have a huge support group here and one really stands out! Dear Jacqui who is helping you with your wonderful 

CC daily!! God bless you my friend 

and take care! You will come through this and I will be seeing your journal and those sunsets and sunrises soon!

Sincerely

Denise😊

Denise... So happy you and sweet David had a wonderful relaxing time. You certainly deserved it with giving out a zillion Covid jabs!! I have missed you the MOST!!

• Like 6

I know it is late, but today had two good news items:  The CDC report that the vaccinated will no longer need to wear masks AND the Senate passing an exemption for Alaska cruises to be exempt from the need to visit a foreign port allowing cruises to possibly start late July or August.  The House should pass it easily as well.

We had a port call in Saguenay, Quebec on the beautiful and elegant Maasdam in May 2014.  It was the reposition cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal.  The locals met us dockside as we were the first ship of the season, but it was raining and very cold in the morning.  We toured the town and then returned to the ship, going back out for the theater show, Fabulouse, which I thought was over rated.  The scenery and the fjord is the best reason to cruise there, and because of the weather, it wasn't good that day.  I would like to return on a sunny day to experience it again.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, superoma said:

Oh, freeze risk here too, just covering every night ! He just couldn’t wait. I think we are past the last freeze now 

Oh lucky you.  We have a frost warning for tonight here 😔 

17 hours ago, Seasick Sailor said:

I did not have leaves going up the stem. They are not daylilies. I already chopped The stalks off. They were approx 3 feet tall. The lily lasted a long time.

Perfect.