Seth Wayne updates - cancellations

leerathje

Thanks.  Volendam had only been cancelled until July 31st before.  Now with it being August 31st it makes me wonder if Volendam will do it’s TA.

Not to mention that before she sails it will be after final payment 😔 😡 and we may not know all the protocols or experiences in time. 😔 

• Like 1

Feel like I've been playing chicken a HAL... who will cancel first???? No way were DH and I going to cruise with port uncertainty especially st petersberg, the primary stop on this itinerary. Final payment to BB was due this past Monday (even tho HAL final payment is the 24th) and they very graciously allowed me to extend it one week when I explained the circumstances. Can breath a little easier now.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the post.

We're on the now cancelled Aug 1  N Statendam.

It's fully paid. 

So wait until we get HAL's official email?

Hopefully they'll give us 125% FCC...?

& they'll rebook our flights...?

Thanks 

There will be 4 options, number one is to get 110% credit toward the Eurodam Greece cruise this year (they are having trouble selling these JMHO) 2. is to move it for the same price you paid to the one cruise they are offering you for next year on the Rotterdam, 3. Is to take Future Cruise Credit of 110%, or 4. is to get 100% refund. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kazu said:

Thanks.  Volendam had only been cancelled until July 31st before.  Now with it being August 31st it makes me wonder if Volendam will do it’s TA.

Not to mention that before she sails it will be after final payment 😔 😡 and we may not know all the protocols or experiences in time. 😔 

I hope Volendam does the trans Atlantic we are schedule for 74 days grand South America on January 4th, 2022 leaving Fort Lauderdale.

3 hours ago, bennybear said:

I realize this is such a difficult situation, but I wish they would make these decisions before final payment, so many affected.  It’s hard to make a good decision without all the information.  

I agree, surely they must have an inkling.  I have a cruise booked for later this year and I’m about 90 percent sure I’m going to cancel before final.  If things turn around dramatically after I can always rebook.  I’m not fussy about my room as long as I’m not over a bar or something like that.  I have no desire to tie that much money up.  You would think by now they would know what will happen with the Rotterdam but perhaps I’m naive.

Edited by Florida_gal_50
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Anubi said:

Thank you leerathje for this information on Seth Wayne.  Its always good to find a source.  But I would like to know how accurate is he?

He is employed by HAL and works for Holland America as their Ambassador, often time when he is talking he is getting LIVE up to the minute information direct the the main source at Holland America. You can definitely trust everything he says unless there is a correction later but that is extremely rare.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

He is employed by HAL and works for Holland America as their Ambassador, often time when he is talking he is getting LIVE up to the minute information direct the the main source at Holland America. You can definitely trust everything he says unless there is a correction later but that is extremely rare.

Thanks!  Its our first time on HAL so any information is nice to have.  

I think they are in a tough place with the Rotterdam.  Clearly the ship will be ready but as with an inaugural cruise, they want it to be grand with lots of hoopla.  Not sure that can happen on a half empty ship with everyone wearing masks….

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I think they are in a tough place with the Rotterdam.  Clearly the ship will be ready but as with an inaugural cruise, they want it to be grand with lots of hoopla.  Not sure that can happen on a half empty ship with everyone wearing masks….

I think that sailing is selling really well.  I highly doubt the bookings are at 50% capacity.  It’s the same with our TA.  Most categories are sold out or awful close to it and what isn’t is at a premium price.

2 hours ago, Anubi said:

Thank you leerathje for this information on Seth Wayne.  Its always good to find a source.  But I would like to know how accurate is he?

2 hours ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/news/impacted-cruises.html

1 hour ago, kazu said:

I think that sailing is selling really well.  I highly doubt the bookings are at 50% capacity.  It’s the same with our TA.  Most categories are sold out or awful close to it and what isn’t is at a premium price.

Yea I don’t know what they are doing capacity wise.  One would assume it’s less the 100%.  I think the problem is they really want this to sail but circumstances may make it complicated.

41 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

Yea I don’t know what they are doing capacity wise.  One would assume it’s less the 100%.  I think the problem is they really want this to sail but circumstances may make it complicated.

I can tell you that every Neptune Suite, all but 2 or 3 Vistas on our Volendam cruise are sold out.  Lanai is sold out and there are very few OV’s or insides to get.  PS is available (no wonder at the price they want).

It really doesn’t sound like reduced capacity to me.  I know the premier voyage has sold very well.  Haven’t gone to check availability lately (I was considering it) but it seemed to be more than 50% booked - a LOT more 😉