What is your Favorite Cake/Cookies/Pastry/Sandwiches/Tea when attending an On Board Tea Time.....

BklynBoy8

The Royal Tea on Royal Princess was a multi-course event of goodies with a variety of items served and different teas for each course.  It was a meal unto itself and I did not have lunch that day because I knew what was coming.  Music, white glove service, etc.; Champagne available at an extra charge if one wanted it.  It was not the usual tea served on Princess.  

• 3 months later...
13 hours ago, roomba920 said:

Chicken salad and Pavolova

roomba920,

I noticed that you "liked" my post concerning the Royal Tea on Royal Princess.  Have you been able to enjoy that Tea?  

If so, the final course was a pastry called "The Queen of....."  I can't remember the name nor really what it was.  I was so "full" that I do remember I ate only a few bites of it.  There just was "no room in the inn" for more that afternoon!  

If you attended such a Tea, do you remember what this pastry was?  

• 1 year later...
7 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

All the above sounds good to me lemon meringue tarts are also good.

Didn't see it unless not in the Queens Room...... Choices but not alot.. More in the Buffet at Tea Time.

30 minutes ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Scandalous…maybe the egg shortage has hit the Queens?

Not sure but I think we may have had it on the tray while have the Champagne Tea Time we were treated to. We had approximately a dozen items to share for 2 of us. Maybe did see it. That treat was extremely worth it.

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

Not sure but I think we may have had it on the tray while have the Champagne Tea Time we were treated to. We had approximately a dozen items to share for 2 of us. Maybe did see it. That treat was extremely worth it.

I’m amazed since the UK is the world center for lemon curd.

On 6/1/2021 at 8:41 PM, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Do you know the difference between High Tea and Afternoon Tea??

I have to take exception to some of the replies.

I lived in Australia for 12 years, and had many British friends.  Afternoon Tea, for ladies of leisure, was what we think of on a ship: scones, tea, finger sandwiches, etc.  Or, at the office, it was a cup of tea and a "bikkie" (dry cookie) that the tea lady wheeled around.

High Tea was just an early supper, perhaps something to grab after work, or basic foods to feed the children until the parents were home.  Nothing fancy at all.

Tea was the evening meal.

I know that "high" seems like it should be the ultimate, but in that setting it is not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shipgeeks said:

I have to take exception to some of the replies.

I lived in Australia for 12 years, and had many British friends.  Afternoon Tea, for ladies of leisure, was what we think of on a ship: scones, tea, finger sandwiches, etc.  Or, at the office, it was a cup of tea and a "bikkie" (dry cookie) that the tea lady wheeled around.

High Tea was just an early supper, perhaps something to grab after work, or basic foods to feed the children until the parents were home.  Nothing fancy at all.

Tea was the evening meal.

I know that "high" seems like it should be the ultimate, but in that setting it is not.

You are correct…many people are confused by the difference between Afternoon Tea and High Tea.  Afternoon Tea, also known as Low Tea, is with the cakes, tea sandwiches and scones etc.  High Tea can be with a substantial cooked meal with meat or fish or eggs, etc. breads and dessert…served with tea…or as you describe a limited early supper.  High tea got its name from the height of the dining table vs the low tea served on a coffee or tea table.  High Tea, in some quarters…like luxury hotels, can also be very extensive and quite elegant.  

Silly me, I neglected to mention Morning Tea at one's place of work, or home.  Plain tea, and a plain bikkie, similar to Afternoon Tea.  Frequently offered around 11am, although, of course, if there was a tea lady it would take a while to make her rounds.