How will COVID 19 rules change the Antarctica expedition cruises?

How will COVID 19 rules change the Antartica expedition cruises?  I’ll be going dec 22 on the wind.  Will vaccinations be required for everyone on board?  Required to get tested 5 days before boarding, during the cruise , and returning home?  Where will masks have to be worn on and off ship?   How will the pre hotel arrangements  in Santiago Chile  change due to covid as well?   Jo Weber 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Jo, Thanks so much for submitting your questions. We look forward to welcoming you aboard Silver Wind during her inaugural season in Antarctica! With the situation evolving so rapidly, it's really difficult to confirm our health protocols for December. Our top priority is always to safeguard the health and safety of our guests, and so this will also be the case for guests embarking Silver Wind in December. We will remain in constant communication with booked guests to ensure they have all the relevant information they need prior to the voyage. Regarding the hotel arrangements, rest assured that everything will be taken care of by Silversea. In this regard, we don't anticipate major disruptions. We look forward to seeing you on the Wind!

Barbara

• 3 months later...

Thank you for answering.    I have read posts on cruise critic   that silver sea customer service  has been calling different customers to be put on a different ship for Antarctica  as they are merging ships.   Is this true?  That the other ship was adding South Georgia to match what the wind had for an itinerary? It’s been posted 3 times so that’s why I am concerned.  I would just like clarity if in fact that info is true.   Is it NOV sailings only? Or both NOV and DEC 2021?   Im booked for WIND 12/22/21.   I’m so excited!  I thank you in advance for all your hard work and discipline  in these trying times in the cruising industry!