Fellow cruisers.

desiree741

I hope everyone is well.

I just wanted some ideas, we have a cruise books for thanksgiving week. My girlfriend has never cruised before so on her birthday I want to put a basket together of fun stuff and things she can use, all cruise related

Give me some good ideas!

Some ideas for a gift basket:

Sunscreen

Visor

Travel guide that includes the islands/places you will visit

Tote bag

Other non-basket ideas:

Order flowers for your cabin

Order a birthday cake to be delivered to your cabin on her birthday

Make reservations for dinner at the steakhouse on her birthday

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise!!

Something with a hook to go thru a hole type of lanyard for hands free. I also have a coiled one that goes around the wrist. I dont like juggling a bunch of stuff to open my cabin door.

I have small purses that are shoulder bags just big enough for a paperback book and a couple odds and ends I only use for cruising. For normal I have a bigger purse for phone and papers and credit cards, all that other stuff. For cruising just a small one that frees me. I admit I picked up a selection in cozumel across from the pier. Probably fake designer bags.

They sell empty travel sized containers but with 2 or you might not be big enough, like for shampoo, lotion, etc. I want to travel with just a carry on so I cut the weight to travel. 

33 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

Some ideas for a gift basket:

Sunscreen

Visor

Travel guide that includes the islands/places you will visit

Tote bag

Other non-basket ideas:

Order flowers for your cabin

Order a birthday cake to be delivered to your cabin on her birthday

Make reservations for dinner at the steakhouse on her birthday

I hope you both have a wonderful cruise!!

Have matching birthday tee shirts made with your ships name on it. Hot cold travel mug. A floppy type sun hat. Birthday cake for dinner which can be purchased in the Cherry on Top store on board. Decorate your cabin.

1 hour ago, desiree741 said:

I hope everyone is well.

I just wanted some ideas, we have a cruise books for thanksgiving week. My girlfriend has never cruised before so on her birthday I want to put a basket together of fun stuff and things she can use, all cruise related

Give me some good ideas!

Motion sickness pills. 🤣

Are you planning  a Birthday cruise  or giving  her  a gift  hinting at the cruise  for Thanksgiving?

refillable  water bottle

sunscreen

seasick meds (just in case)

I have a lanyard for my room key  as some designers feel women do not need pockets

sun hat

You could put it all in a small tote bag with a brochure  of the cruise  if it is a surprise gift

I agree with the Spa suggestion......a massage possibly.

Joe, a surge protector as a birthday gift? Straws? Maybe I am missing something..........? 

4 hours ago, skrufy said:

Have matching birthday tee shirts made with your ships name on it. Hot cold travel mug. A floppy type sun hat. Birthday cake for dinner which can be purchased in the Cherry on Top store on board. Decorate your cabin.

Matching t-shirts.  Everyone just loves them!!  The rest of the ideas are good ones.

DON

Just now, donaldsc said:

Matching t-shirts.  Everyone just loves them!!  The rest of the ideas are good ones.

DON

Your right about the tee shirts. My wife has two made up every cruise. I wear mine the first day and then it’s buried in the back of the closet.

22 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

Surge protector

A definite "No" on surge protectors.

The electrical system on a ship is not the same as in your home.  Surge protectors that are commonly recommended for home use are a fire hazard on a ship.  A respected poster here on Cruise Critic, Cheng75 a Chief Engineer on both merchant vessels and cruise vessels, has repeatedly explained the danger of surge protectors on a ship.  There have been numerous reports here on Cruise Critic that surge protectors in luggage or observed in a cabin have been confiscated.

All of my cruising in the last 10 years has been on Princess. and I can assure you that surge protectors are specifically mentioned on the Princess list of "Prohibited Items."

Extension cords or "plug extenders" that do not have surge protection are fine.

• Like 3

Plastic cruise luggage tags, individually wrapped insecticide wipes if taking an excursion in the tropics, a first aid kit containing antacids/ibuprofin/bandaids/etc., (some?) Carnival Corporation ships have self-serve laundry, some 3-in-1 laundry soap/softener sheets (Wash-Eze on Amazon) if interested in doing laundry on board, water shoes.

Hmmmm, coming from practical me who received new wheels for my car once for Christmas and expensive tennis shoes for Valentine's day:

Sunglasses from Blender.  Inexpensive, but polorized and really cute.

3 kinds of sunscreen - for face, body, lips

Aloe Vera gel for times when the sunscreen doesn't work

Headlamp - for those times when she gets up in the middle of the night...

A plastic collapsible vase (look at The Grommet).  She can buy fresh flowers on shore every day.

A nice water bottle (I like Hydroflask)

If she drinks beer - a Brümate Hopsulator Trio.  Look it up and you'll see why

a reusable straw

A ThreadWallet.  Look it up.  Add a matching wrist or neck lanyard

Put it all together in a Feed Bag of your choice (look them up).  

1 hour ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Plastic cruise luggage tags, individually wrapped insecticide wipes if taking an excursion in the tropics, a first aid kit containing antacids/ibuprofin/bandaids/etc., (some?) Carnival Corporation ships have self-serve laundry, some 3-in-1 laundry soap/softener sheets (Wash-Eze on Amazon) if interested in doing laundry on board, water shoes.

Luggage tags are really a great idea.  Also those luggage tag-like things to hold your ship's luggage label or whatever you call it.  

Just now, ldubs said:

Luggage tags are really a great idea.  Also those luggage tag-like things to hold your ship's luggage label or whatever you call it.  

Yes, those were the luggage tags I meant. Sorry to not be clear. PLUS, luggage tags in general. 😊

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

Yes, those were the luggage tags I meant. Sorry to not be clear. PLUS, luggage tags in general. 😊

Gosh, no need to be sorry.   Great minds think alike!! haha

• Like 1

Battery candle for night time bathroom visits, plastic poncho for unexpected showers, (Pound/ Dollar shop) sunscreen and after sun, lip balm, chargers, multi socket extension, any necessary medications (Too expensive on ship) anti BAC wipes, deckchair towel pegs, also useful for keeping balcony curtains closed, washing powder or sheets, Ziplock bags, spare glasses/ sunglasses, mini sewing kit,(possibly hotel issue) and sweets candy or chocolate, snacks, fold up backpack or larger bag for purchases, heavy duty have conditioner (Wind and sea salt cause damage), microfibre towels for beach visits if don’t want to carry heavy ship’s beach towels, small fold up umbrella, clock, first aid kit, thermos flask for hot/cold drinks, hanging air freshener (like you’d hang in a car) lanyard, (Princess provides Medallion on a basic lanyard ). Wi fi package, 

Not all exciting birthday items but some people might find these items useful.