5-20-21 Thursday Weigh In. One more week in May

Izena

May is almost gone - time sure flies by. Thought I bring a smile to everyone.  The attachment is part of a favorite poem.  You can find the whole poem on line .

Im down 0.6 .   Wish it was more.  I look back n my log book  Since I hit 180’s it is taking an avg of 10 weeks to lose 10lbs.  1 lb a week. 
This is week 10. Next week I should be in the 140’s. Happy dance. 

it has been raining all week.  Yesterday Jazzper and I ventured to the big dog side - he was the only little dog amongst 8 Russian wolf hounds. He was strutting around like he was one of their pack.  

Hopefully will be suv back today.

22B71B21-BABA-4B54-89C4-0F81E98FFC44.jpeg

HI all!

Izena ~ nice start to the thread. You're doing great with your weight loss.

I'm also down 0.6 lbs.

Funny you post that quote. I just looked at my bookshelf & I have a book with that title. Of course, like so many books I buy I haven't read it yet!! Besides snacking that's another bad habit of mine!😉

Have a nice day & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I'm down .8 this week. I'm still trying to get back down to where I was at the end of March when I was on antibiotics. Just 2 more pounds, and I'll be there, but I have another small in office procedure next week and will be back on them again for 10 days this time. Between that and the IV, I'm sure I'll be up for a few weeks after. 😞

Izena, Jazzper sounds so well behaved. My two are little terrors who think they own the neighborhood. I'm ready to have my fence back so I can just let them out in the back yard. They both need etiquette classes. Glad you lost again this week.

Jo, nice loss this week.

Can I join this party?  I was down to my fighting weight 2 years ago at this time and packed for my cruise with lovely new clothes...sound familiar? 

And now POST pandemic, we are leaving for a cruise in 113 days and I can't lose any weight!!!! I have gained 20 pounds and I am absolutely miserable 

Do y'all post everyday or every week?  Just checking...

It's so nice that this thread is still around, I was very active on it a number of years ago for another cruise.

Thanks for letting me share and vent...

Donna

Hi Donna. Welcome! Some post daily, some weekly, one or two just every now and then. Sorry for the gain, but with about 4 months before your cruise, you only need to lose about a pound a week. That's doable! Are you following a particular plan?

Thanks for the welcome Miss Melmar!

Since wine and carbs aren't working 😁 I   am going back to logging and my macros and working out everyday. I have enjoyed the Thinner Leaner Stronger workouts by Michael Matthews and I do Beachbody classes for fun. I love Tosca Reno and her clean eating plans. 

My biggest problem is consistency and cheating on the weekends. 

What about you? How are doing it and making progress?

Thanks again!

Donna

Mel good loss.  Just think of the days you can do water aerobics in you new pool.

Welcome Donna.    Responses have started to slow down — lot of cancelled cruises.   I usually post daily.  
I joined group after a health scare last year( turns out I am okay but diabetes was out of control).  I cut out all sweets  and count calories.  Walk for exercise.  Still have a way to go.  I’m 142 days until cruise.  

Good Evening all - Missed last week as we were in Iowa visiting family - had a great time and saw one "bridges of Madison County" ... was great to spend time with my BIL & SIL ... but, I thought I was eating correctly (or even less) ... I seem to have gained 3.6#  It really sucks.  I am going to give myself until the beginning of June to get back on the bandwagon .... I have a big family reunion in October with my family.  We are meeting in Charleston, SC ... I would like to be able to fit back into my cruise clothes (even if we aren't cruising).

Donna - Welcome - I found this group back in 2003 and have been posting a few times per week since that time point (although not last week).  I have gone up and down, but find that it is a big help to keep coming back to this board/group of friends as it keeps me a little bit more on track.

Talk with all later.  Jan

• Like 2

Hi all!  And welcome Donna.  Down 2.2 lbs this week.  We went to see new grandson and he is not sleeping at night.  Has his days and nights crossed.  I did find out that apparently sleep deprivation helps with weight loss😁.  Still on nutrisystem.  Starting to finally see results in some of my clothes.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.  We are now starting to pack up some things for our move.

Jan, sorry about the gain. I'm glad you had a nice visit though.

Susan, nice loss! My son didn't sleep through the night until he was 3 and a half years old. It's like he stopped taking naps during the day and just took two long naps at night. 

We are finally getting our deck. Here are a couple pictures from last night. They are working on it again today, and it may be finished this afternoon. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel on this project! 

20210521_192315.jpg

20210521_191755.jpg

• Like 3

Mel, your pool area is amazing. Maybe I should start babysitting youngsters as my hot flashes and bladder wake me up about 3 times a night anyway!

Our cruise is in 110 days! The nice thing is that I worked out almost every day last week and my husband noticed my legs so I will take it. I know the weight loss will come but the weekends are a struggle. 

Started doing silly but Shaun T program! Its cheesy but I'm moving and its inspiring me to add other workouts. It helps the steps add up and the sweat come so I will take it. 

Have a lovely Sunday ladies and thank you for making me feel so welcome.

Donna

Thanks Jan and Donna. They didn't quite get finished yesterday. I really have my fingers crossed that I can do some water aerobics by the second week of June. 🧜‍♀️

Donna, I think I'm going to start the Piyo classes. I have a Beach Body account, but I'm not consistent with using any particular program. It's like I have exercise ADD and can't seem do one series of workouts over and over. I get bored too easily.

Yesterday was my free day for food (DD wanted cinnamon rolls for breakfast), but I was down a little on the scale this morning. I'll take it! I'm trying to have a really good week before my eating schedule gets all messed up again when I go back on antibiotics on Thursday. 

Jan sorry about the gain -  glad you stick with us. I know this site keeps me encouraged and motivate to stay on track.  

susan great loss.  You will be so busy with the move you won’t have time to snack.

Mel the deck is awesome - the project has been painfully slow.  

I admire all who do aerobics and other exercise programs.  The only thing I will stick with is walking - it’s nice to have a dog for company - he’s very adamant about which trails we’ll be walking (he pulls me along).

we are still cloudy and getting rain every day —at least we’re not in the 90s yet - once there it will be 4 months of steady heat.

I'm Back!  Had a good time and while I was gone heard Alaska was opening up

for cruises. Happy for Alaska towns. Even if shorter season some cruise lines will sail.

They need the tourist money to survive.  Anyone booking one for this year?

Izena---Thank you for starting the post. Glad you had a loss. Hope you got your suv back.

You do very well in your walking. Yes enjoy your rain now, heat later.

Jo--- Glad you had a loss to. You know when I read the most is on cruises. Love reading

and looking out to the sea when not playing games on sea days.

Mel---Also glad you had a loss too. Hope your procedure goes well and hopefully you

won't have a gain. Your deck and pool look so nice. Soon you'll be jumping in.

Donna---Welcome, join the party. We weigh every Thursday but you can come in everyday and talk about anything. Ask advise, give tips or just vent. Like what your trainer said, a doctor told me,

a goal is a number you can maintain. 

Jan---Glad you have a nice visit with SIL and BIL law. Hard eating when traveling and visiting. 

Some could be water weight, could come off fast. Loved the movie Bridges of Madison County. 

Susan---Great loss! Happy you saw your grandson. Sorry about the sleeping pattern

When are you moving? Think it's around the same area. Hope packing goes well.

Monday is here already., the month is almost over. Wishing everyone a good week.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Belle said:

Hey!  No one around to greet me?🌝  I'm sad no one is talking🙁

Guess that means your ALL out Exercising!😄 Enjoying the sun.😎

You are correct about the exercising!  I was with my trainer this afternoon - My legs and arms are so sore.  I had gone to a flower/vegetable nursery this morning and got a lot of annuals - then after exercising I went to another nursery and got more flowers.  I will have to go back tomorrow as I'm having a hard time finding basil - I called the last place I had gone to and found out they still have 3 basil plants - They are going to put them on hold until I can get there tomorrow.  Can't start planting until after Memorial Day, as there is a likelihood that we might get a frost until then.

Tomorrow I am getting my hair cut - haven't had a hair cut since January 15th - It is getting very scraggily ... (is that a word?).  I will be the only person in the salon and we will both be wearing masks (even though both of us had our shots!).

That is about it for here.  Jan

Welcome home Belle.  Hope you had a wonderful trip.  

if it keeps raining the cruise ships will be docking in my back yard.in past week 9 inches.

anxious for Montana July 2.

Oops .... going to Alaska August 15, 2021. Typo. Flying into Seattle a few days early. Planned on seeing my cousins but right now they're concerned about seeing someone outside their bubble

I need 2 new outfits inc 3 bottoms. I lost inches. I can find jeans that fit but not capris as my calves are muscular now. Thinking of buying jeans and turning them into capris

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Like 1

Ombud I’m jealous Alaska is on my bucket list.   

I’m hesitant to make plans for August and Sept (hurricane most frequent-  don’t want to risk  a cancelled flight.)

I was so excited this morning - I was going to take my Ford Edge to be appraised - to be ready to wheel and deal with dealership for new suv.  Have been driving without issue since Friday.  Got in and  identical problem   Turn key light and radio turn on but ignition doesn’t catch.   Either a key or ignition problem.    So back to shop soo disappointed. (Not the shops fault it’s the horrible suv )