Ponant Updated Cruise Cancellation List -- Updated May 18, 2021

AussieBoyTX

See here: https://fr.calameo.com/read/000132423cf461dcaf716?authid=BIZNrwBnxZY5 

I don't know that there's much interesting here. First sailings depart June 16 from Reykjavik on Champlain and Dumont d'Urville. Venice begins June 25 on Lyrial. Other European cruises added on gradually after that.

Australian cruises are still on the list, beginning July 10 with Soleal going Broome - Darwin. First sailing from Papeete is September 11 on Paul Gauguin.

The first sailing of Commandant Charcot looks to be August 8 from Longyearbyen.

Surprised to see this many cancellations at this point, but glad to see Dumont d'Urville out of Reykjavik still on track for a June sailing since we are booked to join her in August.  On June 1 Iceland is reviewing their current entry requirement for Covid-19 testing, referring to it as temporary, and will hopefully do away with it completely for those with proof of European approved vaccine such as Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jonikal said:

Surprised to see this many cancellations at this point, but glad to see Dumont d'Urville out of Reykjavik still on track for a June sailing since we are booked to join her in August.  On June 1 Iceland is reviewing their current entry requirement for Covid-19 testing, referring to it as temporary, and will hopefully do away with it completely for those with proof of European approved vaccine such as Moderna, Pfizer, and AstraZeneca. 

That's good. I don't see Ponant lifting their PCR within 72 hours and European approved vaccine fully effective less than six months of embarkation. Which is kind of funny. I'm fully vaccinated as of late January, so that means I wouldn't be able to take a Ponant cruise after late July... 

• Host Jazzbeau changed the title to Ponant Updated Cruise Cancellation List -- Updated May 18, 2021
14 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

That's good. I don't see Ponant lifting their PCR within 72 hours and European approved vaccine fully effective less than six months of embarkation. Which is kind of funny. I'm fully vaccinated as of late January, so that means I wouldn't be able to take a Ponant cruise after late July... 

Glad you mentioned this. Only focused on the Iceland entry rather than Ponant's protocols. And since I got my vaccination in December, assume I am skunked for the August sailing.  Wonder if any booster shots will be available before long?

6 hours ago, jonikal said:

Glad you mentioned this. Only focused on the Iceland entry rather than Ponant's protocols. And since I got my vaccination in December, assume I am skunked for the August sailing.  Wonder if any booster shots will be available before long?

I am hopeful that Pfizer & Moderna will keep extending the effectiveness period and the EU (and subsequently Ponant) will honor the new period.

2 hours ago, AussieBoyTX said:

I am hopeful that Pfizer & Moderna will keep extending the effectiveness period and the EU (and subsequently Ponant) will honor the new period.

Indeed!  From your lips.....Meanwhile just glad we have some time before final payment.

On 5/20/2021 at 2:41 PM, AussieBoyTX said:

Decided to to a bit of checking on MODERNA, WHO, CDC and Ponant sites and am not finding any references to the 6 month cut off efficacy date for travel. CDC mentions 6 months to possibly 2 years efficacy after second shot.  MODERNA is talking about a booster that would be effective for the new strain but not til later this year.     

10 minutes ago, jonikal said:

Decided to to a bit of checking on MODERNA, WHO, CDC and Ponant sites and am not finding any references to the 6 month cut off efficacy date for travel. CDC mentions 6 months to possibly 2 years efficacy after second shot.  MODERNA is talking about a booster that would be effective for the new strain but not til later this year.     

Yeah. On Ponant's site, it's called out in their FAQ, which is a link from https://us.ponant.com/sail-with-confidence. Check out the last line. I had correspondence with US Reservations to get an interpretation on what it means exactly and the answer I got was six months after the vaccine is fully effective by their definition (which is seven days after the second dose). 

https://en.calameo.com/read/0001324237a945b0b4eef?authid=kgBaDKLBcfQW&page=1

image.thumb.png.f27b89a74a4bcf38ddf0f4e2edad4c17.png

The six months and seven days comes from data provided by the manufacturer. Here's Pfizer's press release on interim findings from their Phase 3 study. Let's hope this is updated regularly.

PFIZER AND BIONTECH CONFIRM HIGH EFFICACY AND NO SERIOUS SAFETY CONCERNS THROUGH UP TO SIX MONTHS FOLLOWING SECOND DOSE IN UPDATED TOPLINE ANALYSIS OF LANDMARK COVID-19 VACCINE STUDY

Also, since I'm on Pfizer's site, here's the link regarding a study on booster and new vaccine variants.

PFIZER AND BIONTECH INITIATE A STUDY AS PART OF BROAD DEVELOPMENT PLAN TO EVALUATE COVID-19 BOOSTER AND NEW VACCINE VARIANTS

Edited by AussieBoyTX

That was very helpful!  Many thanks. I guess my delving into Ponant's site wasn't deep enough.

Looks like another bummer voyage with Ponant unless they update and make it longer than 6 months.

I am literally 8 only days over the 6 months by the date we sail.  If they made it effective 14 days after the second shot, it would work.