Health Rules

ToniV

Now that I've spent a year protecting my 80yo husband from covid and getting us vaxxed, I've booked four cruises. I'd like to know if the lines are ready to truly enforce the rules about non-toilet-trained babies/toddlers in pools and hot tubs. After everything, the idea of being exposed to e coli and live virus (from kids getting routine vaccinations) in the pool is more an issue than ever. Too many parents clearly have no idea of the policy, many ignore it and staff are reluctant to enforce. Maybe have parents sign a form at booking, acknowledging the CDC policy? Charge parents for costs of cleaning? Have lifeguards to enforce? This is the ideal time to start fresh.

Well, if this is such a problem for you, perhaps you should try a cruise line that is adults only.  Not that I don’t agree with you about the toddlers in pools and hot tubs.  Not to mention the Depends group...EM

• Like 2

While I understand the concern with the "fecal teabag" issue, instead of spending your time trolling the "Family Cruises" board why don't you save us all some trouble and spend your time researching ADULTS ONLY cruises. No guarantee but then at least you won't be able to blame kids for any issues that arise. 

Edited by fatcat04
  • Like 2

Some parents don't know or don't care the rules.  In the past, there were reports of crew members not wanting to cause confrontations with parents by enforcing these rules.   It's hard to expect people making less than minimum wage to potentially start arguments with angry passengers.

I'm afraid the only way to be 100% sure is to travel on an adult cruise line.    Virgin is a new one, and hopefully you can find a cruise to better fit your needs.

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 2

On 5/20/2021 at 10:39 AM, ToniV said:

Now that I've spent a year protecting my 80yo husband from covid and getting us vaxxed, I've booked four cruises. I'd like to know if the lines are ready to truly enforce the rules about non-toilet-trained babies/toddlers in pools and hot tubs. After everything, the idea of being exposed to e coli and live virus (from kids getting routine vaccinations) in the pool is more an issue than ever. Too many parents clearly have no idea of the policy, many ignore it and staff are reluctant to enforce. Maybe have parents sign a form at booking, acknowledging the CDC policy? Charge parents for costs of cleaning? Have lifeguards to enforce? This is the ideal time to start fresh.

Super confused why you think CruiseCritic members on the family board know if the lines (all of them!) are going to be enforcing a rule.  I see that this is very important to you - the vast majority of your various posts over the years are about this issue.  While we all find it annoying, clearly the chance of fecal matter in the pool is so extremely dangerous to your husband, he shouldn't be in the pools at all since you can't know which adults are also incontinent, etc.  But thrilled there's plenty else to do and we're all going to be back cruising soon!  Envious of your four booked cruises!

• Like 3