New Atlas Ocean Voyages info

keokukjoe

9 hours ago, saddledowndani said:

Flights booked! We are all set and will review! 

Have a wonderful and safe trip. Please review and let us know what we can expect. I hope that their actual product is as good as their marketing suggests.

I’m really interested to see information about included (and optional) excursions. It is very hard to think about booking an all inclusive cruise without seeing how good the included excursions are and how expensive the optional ones are. I realize that excursions in the Mediterranean are not going to be the same as the Norway cruise I am considering but seeing something is better than nothing. I hope that anyone with an early sailing date will post some information. Thanks in advance. 

41 minutes ago, gnome12 said:

I’m really interested to see information about included (and optional) excursions. It is very hard to think about booking an all inclusive cruise without seeing how good the included excursions are and how expensive the optional ones are. I realize that excursions in the Mediterranean are not going to be the same as the Norway cruise I am considering but seeing something is better than nothing. I hope that anyone with an early sailing date will post some information. Thanks in advance. 

You can find some of the excursion information.  But I am guessing everything is subject to change at this point.

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/AOV_ICONIC_GREECE_ITALY_EXCURSIONS.pdf

https://atlasoceanvoyages.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/AOV_9_NIGHT_ATHENS_TO_CAIRO_IMMERSIVE_EGYPT.pdf

30 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

I did find those after I posted. Can anyone explain why there are prices on excursions marked complimentary? I also don’t think that I found a choice of complimentary excursions. There seems to be only one in each port. 

On 7/4/2021 at 8:17 PM, gnome12 said:

I did find those after I posted. Can anyone explain why there are prices on excursions marked complimentary? I also don’t think that I found a choice of complimentary excursions. There seems to be only one in each port. 

I wondered this too. I read on one of the early brochures that it was one complimentary excursion for the trip. Now it’s one per port. We just filled out our excursion form for the 8/13 Cairo to Athens trip.  At some ports there is more than one complimentary excursion (Cyprus had 2 to choose from).   One instance where I see why there is a cost is when you are in the port for more than one day (our overnight in Mykonos for example). Since it’s just one excursion per port we can do a complimentary excursion the first day and pay for the complimentary one on the second day. I’m glad they added the timeframes to the brochure too as that helped with choosing. 

This is our first ever cruise and one question I have is how often to the tenders to back and forth while we are in port. Looking forward to all of the final details. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

One instance where I see why there is a cost is when you are in the port for more than one day (our overnight in Mykonos for example). Since it’s just one excursion per port we can do a complimentary excursion the first day and pay for the complimentary one on the second day. I’m glad they added the timeframes to the brochure too as that helped with choosing. 

Thanks. That makes sense. 

We are on the Aug 4/21 Athens to Cairo cruise, just booked last week.  It seems like this will actually happen, we are very excited!  I'm surprised that only the staff has to be double vaccinated, not the guests. We are vaccinated, I hope all the other travellers are... We have also booked the 4 day extension at the end of the cruise to the Valley of the Kings, anyone else?

1 hour ago, joyce Ottawa said:

We are on the Aug 4/21 Athens to Cairo cruise, just booked last week.  It seems like this will actually happen, we are very excited!  I'm surprised that only the staff has to be double vaccinated, not the guests. We are vaccinated, I hope all the other travellers are... We have also booked the 4 day extension at the end of the cruise to the Valley of the Kings, anyone else?

We were informed that the crew/staff will all be vaccinated and quarantined prior to the cruise and that passengers will need to "attest" that they are vaccinated. Here's the article (look at the end of the article that confirms this):

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/ship-operations/atlas-redeploys-world-navigator-egyptgreek-isles-inaugural-summer

I was told that in your final cruise documents there is a health form you need to complete. I'm guessing that the attestation will probably be in that packet. Since you are leaving on the maiden voyage, You will have this info before anyone else so please post once you get the documents emailed to you. It is a big relief to have all the passengers vaccinated both for everyone's safety and ease of visiting some ports that will require vaccination.

Please let us know about the attestation once you get the documents and post a review of your cruise. Wishing you a wonderful journey!!

Thanks for the article reference, I hadn't seen that, it's much appreciated! (The Atlas rep said that passengers didn't have to be vaccinated.)  I will post when I get the info and let you know, and I will post on the cruise went. We leave 3 weeks today!

31 minutes ago, joyce Ottawa said:

Thanks for the article reference, I hadn't seen that, it's much appreciated! (The Atlas rep said that passengers didn't have to be vaccinated.)  I will post when I get the info and let you know, and I will post on the cruise went. We leave 3 weeks today!

Thank you! My advisor at Atlas confirmed the "attestation" concerning the vaccine. Since Atlas is a new line, they have many new agents who may not be reading all the updates that are distributed to them. Some are not very detail oriented and l found that l had to really press to get the info. Apparently the info on the crew vaccinations and quarantine was on one page and the info on the attestation was on the second page! This is what l was told.

Anyway, you will have your documents in a few days and l am looking forward to you sharing.

3 hours ago, joyce Ottawa said:

That is very helpful, I feel better knowing passengers have to attest to having the vaccine.  I will keep you updated!

Joyce, have you received documents yet?  Cruise tickets etc.??

21 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

It asks for a loyalty ID. Maybe they will send one with our final confirmations. 

Look on your invoice from Atlas.  You'll see the Loyalty # beside each guest name.  We used ours to register and login.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, saddledowndani said:

It asks for a loyalty ID. Maybe they will send one with our final confirmations. 

Our loyalty numbers are on our invoice. Call AOV tomorrow and they will give the numbers to you.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, amunhbuu said:

Hmm.. We do not have loyalty numbers on our two invoices.  Must have been too early!  😄

I am in the same situation. I called Atlas and the rep told me that they're working on the August sailings first as the myatlas site just went live today. If you are sailing on the transatlantic, maybe you'll get an email within the next week or so with your loyalty ID info? 

Like everything so far, I've been pretty patient but it is encouraging to see signs of progress on the booking process.

Edited by vicd1969
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, vicd1969 said:

I am in the same situation. I called Atlas and the rep told me that they're working on the August sailings first as the myatlas site just went live today. If you are sailing on the transatlantic, maybe you'll get an email within the next week or so with your loyalty ID info? 

Like everything so far, I've been pretty patient but it is encouraging to see signs of progress on the booking process.

I booked on 3/22 and have our loyalty numbers. The numbers appeared after our first AOV agent left and we started working with another. Maybe that is why. We are on the Transatlantic.  If you need any info about what's on the "myatlas" let me know. 

We booked the TA on 2/12 and our Antarctica on 1/29.  No loyalty numbers for us.  Even when they rebooked us for Antarctica on 4/21 due to the charter there is nothing in the invoice.  🤷‍♂️

21 minutes ago, amunhbuu said:

We booked the TA on 2/12 and our Antarctica on 1/29.  No loyalty numbers for us.  Even when they rebooked us for Antarctica on 4/21 due to the charter there is nothing in the invoice.  🤷‍♂️

The loyalty numbers weren't on our first invoice but appeared on the second invoice with the third revision of flights. I think that was sometime at the end of May. Our first Atlas agent, A.P. , didn't have our excursions on the invoice, even though our requests were submitted early,  but the second agent fixed that as well.

We haven't picked excursions yet.  We noticed when looking over the list that there were no times listed.  Did someone provide you that info @keokukjoe?  Didn't know if we could do multiples per day?  The ones we are really interested in are in Portugal and the Canary Islands.  We have been to the Caribbean islands multiple times.