Half day in Rangiroa

cruisingsfun

I will be on the PG in January.  We are scheduled to be in Rangiroa from 12pm to 5:30pm.  Does anyone have any suggestions for independent things to do in this time?  Are there any nearby places to snorkel?  Most of the independent tours I've found start in the morning.  Thanks for any help.  Gail

Not sure about independent, but if you can get somebody to take you to the Aquarium, the fish are great.  We stopped there at the end of a longer excursion, and people got off the boat.  It was deep-water snorkeling with tons of fish. I demurred since I was tired already and recovering from heart surgery.  If you're not a strong swimmer you'd want a flotation device or vest of some kind. There may be a small motu there as well, not sure.  Anyways, it's close to the dock, so it's perhaps a good half-day alternative.

On our upcoming (twice cancelled and rescheduled) cruise in December 2021, our only new stop for us is Rangiroa. I hadn't found a PG cruise offered excursion that I was interested in on Rangiroa, when we first rebooked this cruise, but I just found the Aquarium excursion. That's what we'll be booking, although I used to be a swimmer, I'll ask for a vest. Thanks for that info Wendy.

It seems that often the "points of interest" have highlights without any information about how you would visit that highlight, and no excursion is offered. That's a problem that other cruise lines have as well.