2024 Solar Eclipse

JinFO

I know it is early but, does anyone have information on any cruises that will be in Mazatlan on April 8, 2024 for the Solar Eclipse?   Although years away, these cruises would fill early and I would at least like to get notified of any availability before they are sold out.  

• Like 1

No info; I don't think many cruise lines are booking this early.  I hope Bonnie Tyler is still alive for this one.

P.S.  No need for me to take a cruise to be in the eclipse's path.  Totality passes by less than 100 miles from my house.  Lucky me. 🤪

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

I’m also interested in a 2024 cruise to see the eclipse.  I know it will cross through the US and it would be easier/cheaper to travel somewhere along the US path but Baja is more likely to be free of cloud cover.

I found this cruise but it’s very pricey!

https://eclipsetours.com/2024-baja-california-total-solar-eclipse-cruise/

I will just wait until the major cruise lines post their 2024 itineraries and hope that they’ll adjust their itineraries that week to be in the path of totality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/10/2022 at 7:51 AM, kml246 said:

Old thread but new information: Princess opened booking for this cruise today. We just booked a cabin. Discovery Princess (newest ship) will be docked in Mazatlan on April 8, 2024 for the total eclipse.

Cruise Details - 10-Day Mexican Riviera with Total Solar Eclipse - Princess Cruises

Kevin

I will be  with you. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, scottsol said:

Holland added an eclipse cruise. Unlike Princess the ship will be at sea during the eclipse. On the other hand it’s a twenty year old vessel.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/M4R14A/X423.html

I'd rather be at the dock than floating at sea for the eclipse. 

We've never done HAL. We would try it if Carnival allowed status with one of their lines to transfer across all their brands like Royal Caribbean does. 

Kevin

6 hours ago, kml246 said:

I'd rather be at the dock than floating at sea for the eclipse. 

We've never done HAL. We would try it if Carnival allowed status with one of their lines to transfer across all their brands like Royal Caribbean does. 

Kevin

The issue with being dockside is that you can’t adjust your location in case of cloud cover. The importance of this depends on if the eclipse is your primary reason for taking the cruise or just an added inducement.

Edited by scottsol

5 hours ago, scottsol said:

The issue with being dockside is that you can’t adjust your location in case of cloud cover. The importance of this depends on if the eclipse is your primary reason for taking the cruise or just an added inducement.

Perhaps, but being dockside gives a more stable platform for setting up camera and tripod. 

Wherever we are, let's hope for clear skies and smooth seas! 

• 4 months later...
On 10/21/2022 at 12:36 AM, scottsol said:

Holland added an eclipse cruise. Unlike Princess the ship will be at sea during the eclipse. On the other hand it’s a twenty year old vessel.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/en_US/find-a-cruise/M4R14A/X423.html

Looks like Princess is following HAL's decision to be at sea for the eclipse. Princess just changed to itinerary so we will be at sea for the eclipse, too. 

Kevin