Is there a drink package which includes Milkshakes or Smoothies and coffee?

shiner6

Please excuse me if this has been answered before, but I searched and did not find a relevant answer.   We have the drink package, however, our adult and teenage relatives do not consume alcoholic beverages.  They do not drink a large amount of soda's either. What do you suggest as the best course to take? They like, juices, coffees, smoothies and of course, milkshakes.  Does it make economic sense to purchase a package or just budget for daily drinks?  What are their choices when in a lounge or bar?

Wondering if the Quench package would do the trick?  This is from before the ships stopped sailing but it should still be relatively accurate I think?

How many they want will determine if you should buy the package or budget.

8DF82B7C-26B8-4B08-B554-5D3992FFECA1.thumb.png.5575f6ec0184d8e4715df846413aa086.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't know what ship you are sailing, but keep in mind that until the Pinnacle Class ships arrived, HAL didn't have milk shakes on any ships at all. 
I sure would like to be able to get them on the other ships. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sunchaser46 said:

If I have the signature package does that cover the items listed on the quench package?

Yes. We are not big drinkers of alcoholic beverages and usually get the Quench package when it is available. Remember that it includes bottled water, smoothies, all coffee drinks, as well as Red Bull. If we purchased the Quench package we would order a bottle of rum for our room and add it to our drinks if we felt like it. If you purchase the Signature Drink Package separately, there are times when you think you should drink excessively in order to get your money's worth. Not for us.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rsldonk said:

So which package do you get with the have it all package?

You get the Signature Beverage Package.  

7 hours ago, Sunchaser46 said:

If I have the signature package does that cover the items listed on the quench package?

Yes, it does.

15 hours ago, shiner6 said:

Please excuse me if this has been answered before, but I searched and did not find a relevant answer.   We have the drink package, however, our adult and teenage relatives do not consume alcoholic beverages.  They do not drink a large amount of soda's either. What do you suggest as the best course to take? They like, juices, coffees, smoothies and of course, milkshakes.  Does it make economic sense to purchase a package or just budget for daily drinks?  What are their choices when in a lounge or bar?

I would just like to say that the virgin pina coladas (and mud slides, although that may have been on another line) are THE BOMB. Oh my gosh, so delicious, just don't be counting calories. 😵 My brother and sister in law are teetotalers, but they've always ended up with the drink package and have found they really enjoy the virgin drinks onboard!

Have a GREAT trip!

• Like 2

HAL pours pureed fruit from containers to make smoothie.   Imagine pouring banana liquid from a container.   Loads of sugar.   Some people like myself is used to "fresh" fruit smoothies.

Peter

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, RuthC said:

I don't know what ship you are sailing, but keep in mind that until the Pinnacle Class ships arrived, HAL didn't have milk shakes on any ships at all. 

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam right now and discovered that milkshakes are available on sea days but not port days. They make them in the Dive-In. They cost $4.95 and are covered in the drink packages. The flavors are chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

We are on the Nieuw Amsterdam right now and discovered that milkshakes are available on sea days but not port days. They make them in the Dive-In. They cost $4.95 and are covered in the drink packages. The flavors are chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry.

Oh MYYYYYYY!!!! Wish we'd known that on our end-of-August Alaska cruise! Actually, it's probably a good thing we DIDN'T know that! But I'll be looking during any future cruises! Thanks for the tip!

• Thanks 1

We had the milkshakes on our Mexican Riviera cruise in Jan 2020. They were included in the SBP and they were incredible. We ordered two and when they arrived every table around ours on the pool deck saw them and ordered them as well. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gknep said:

We had the milkshakes on our Mexican Riviera cruise in Jan 2020. They were included in the SBP and they were incredible. We ordered two and when they arrived every table around ours on the pool deck saw them and ordered them as well. 

No signage about milkshakes anywhere, including the Dive-In menu. I asked if I could order drinks with my burger and was told that I could order a milkshake. I am sure they would have more people interested if everyone knew about them being available.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

No signage about milkshakes anywhere, including the Dive-In menu. I asked if I could order drinks with my burger and was told that I could order a milkshake. I am sure they would have more people interested if everyone knew about them being available.

Just got off the Eurodam yesterday and there was signage for milkshakes at the order queue at the Dive-In.

And for those interested in DIY ice cream floats.....

Take a large plastic cup from the Lido to the dessert area in the Lido. Ask for three scoops of ice cream and a spoon.

Then go to any of the bars and order a Coke and a straw. (paper straws were on board for drinks) And Walla Walla! A delicious float!

• Like 1

Last night, out of curiosity, I asked the waiter in the MDR if I could order a milkshake. He said, "Of course you can! We have many flavors what would you like?" He then explained that they could make almost any fruit flavor or combination of fruit flavors, cookies and cream, Nutello, and some others. I had a delicious banana milkshake in the MDR, covered under the drink package.

I really think HAL has consistently dropped the ball when letting passengers know what is available. It is like you have to ask for things you don't think they would have and then they can magically appear.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, HAL4NOW said:

...I really think HAL has consistently dropped the ball when letting passengers know what is available. It is like you have to ask for things you don't think they would have and then they can magically appear.

We were told last week by our dining steward that there is always steak, chicken and salmon available in the MDR for dinner even if not shown on the menu.

Oh, and Creme Brule', too. 👍

• Like 3

On 5/25/2021 at 4:15 PM, RuthC said:

I had no idea that the Pinnacle ships have milkshakes....I am even more excited for my upcoming Koningsdam sailing which will be my first on the class. 

7 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

We were told last week by our dining steward that there is always steak, chicken and salmon available in the MDR for dinner even if not shown on the menu.

Well this is very good to keep in mind. 

8 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

Last night, out of curiosity, I asked the waiter in the MDR if I could order a milkshake. He said, "Of course you can! We have many flavors what would you like?" He then explained that they could make almost any fruit flavor or combination of fruit flavors, cookies and cream, Nutello, and some others. I had a delicious banana milkshake in the MDR, covered under the drink package.

I really think HAL has consistently dropped the ball when letting passengers know what is available. It is like you have to ask for things you don't think they would have and then they can magically appear.

A milkshake in the MDR??? I love this idea... I totally agree with you the whole point of having all these options is so passengers can enjoy them, what is the point if no one knows that it is there. It is not like they save money by not advertising the chicken, people will be eating some dish or another. I guess no one has ever said that HAL's strong suit is communication. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zgscl said:

I had no idea that the Pinnacle ships have milkshakes....I am even more excited for my upcoming Koningsdam sailing which will be my first on the class. 

I’d be happy to only sail on pinnacle ships.  They offer so much more of things I enjoy and love that they are modern and reasonably new.  That said, milkshakes don’t float my boat.  I gain weight so easily I just can’t do things like this.  Great if you can.  I “think” you can get them from the gelato place but I could be dead wrong on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’d be happy to only sail on pinnacle ships.  They offer so much more of things I enjoy and love that they are modern and reasonably new.  That said, milkshakes don’t float my boat.  I gain weight so easily I just can’t do things like this.  Great if you can.  I “think” you can get them from the gelato place but I could be dead wrong on that.

Oh I definitely gain wait on a cruise too but have decided not to care :). Will look forward to trying. I am sure my cabana steward can point me in the right direction (or maybe even bring me one)!