Dock assignment

JudithLynne

I thought that the Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska had the berth assignments listed by date.  In fact I thought I had used this site in the past to check on berth assignments.  But I just checked and for 2022 this website is only listing the times each ship is in specific ports.  The specific berth is not listed.   Does anyone know if the berth assignment will be listed later?

58 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

I thought that the Cruise Line Agencies of Alaska had the berth assignments listed by date.  In fact I thought I had used this site in the past to check on berth assignments.  But I just checked and for 2022 this website is only listing the times each ship is in specific ports.  The specific berth is not listed.   Does anyone know if the berth assignment will be listed later?

I reserved my Juneau whale watching excursion for August 24, 2021.  Jayleen said that she did not have docking information at the moment but did expect it soon.

42 minutes ago, marykatherine111 said:

First time Alaska cruiser here. Is docking information important? Why would we want to know that? 

Some ports (Juneau, for example) have docks in different parts of the port. If you are planning excursions, it may be useful to know which dock you will be berthed at. 

• Like 1

I’m sure the dock assignments will be available prior to July sail dates.  When I checked the site last week it hadn’t been updated since May.  www.claalaska.com There are a lot of changes to be made to bring it up to date.

Edited by oaktreerb

22 hours ago, marykatherine111 said:

First time Alaska cruiser here. Is docking information important? Why would we want to know that? 

You might want to know if you have to tender or know if you have some (a lot) of walking

to get to the activities shore excursions assembly point and just for the heck of it ! LOL !

On 5/26/2021 at 6:46 PM, JudithLynne said:

Is there a website that will show a ship's dock assignment by date in Juneau?

Reference the Google Map LINK:

Google Maps

You can zoom and pan the map image - - -

At the bottom of the image is the "AJ" dock about half a mile out of town - - -

this is the dock that NCL uses frequently - it is in an industrial area but there is

plenty of transportation to the city and the shore excursions pick the guests up here.

Next up is the first of three downtown docks - South Franklin Cruise Dock

Then the next two docks almost right under the Mt. Roberts Tram and everything

is within easy walking distance of the downtown proper.

Franklin street goes up hill for several blocks and one can see the Alaska state

Capitol and with a left turn and two more blocks see that governors mansion

where it was reported that Russia can be seen from its doorstep !  LOL !

Thus 4 ships of various sizes can be accommodated at a dock - any more and

Tendering becomes the game.

A schedule of ships and their assignment dockage is usually available to determine

if and when you dock or tender - with the cruise traffic in limbo with this virus thing

probably none was started or may have to be edited. 

What I have available at this time:

Juneau, Alaska Cruise Ship Schedule 2021 | Crew Center (crew-center.com)

Juneau · USA · Port Schedule | CruiseDig

Ketchikan has a similar dock assignment and is published

Ketchikan, Alaska Cruise Port Schedule 2021 | Crew Center (crew-center.com)

Ketchikan · USA · Port Schedule | CruiseDig

Skagway:

http://crew-center.com/skagway-alaska-cruise-ship-schedule-2021

https://cruisedig.com/ports/skagway-alaska

LOOK AT THE PHOTOS for the position of the ships to the docks !

Edited by don't-use-real-name
add port
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Zelker.....thank you so much for taking the time to share this information.  Thanks to you I have learned that we will dock at AS (Alaska Steam Ship Dock)  in Juneau on Aug 9th.  I have looked at numerous sites with maps and can't find that dock.  We are hoping that because we will be on a HAL ship that we will be closer to town as that has always been the case for us.  Princess and Celebrity get the "mile away from town" docks.

Fingers crossed........

Edited by JudithLynne

Thank you, that worked.  We are at Dock E the closest dock to town.  It is in front of the library.  We have been in that dock before with HAL and it is a wonderful location.  We are so pleased!

Zelker...your name looks so familiar to me and I am thinking that we have been on a cruise together.  DH and I have completed 47 cruises, 15 of those in Alaska.  I remember that I talked to a lady at a CC roll call get together who, like us, was a football fan with her favorite team being the Broncos.

I also see that you joined CC three days after me.  Those were the days of the dial up computer.

26 minutes ago, JudithLynne said:

We are at Dock E the closest dock to town.  It is in front of the library.  We have been in that dock before with HAL and it is a wonderful location.  We are so pleased!

At the end of the dock in the building that you will see is a restaurant called Alaska Fish & Chips.  They have an outdoor area that overlooks the bow of your ship as well as an inside dining area.  They have the best Halibut & Chips that I have ever eaten!  There have been other posters on CC who agree with my "dining revue".  

I just hope they survived the pandemic.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

At the end of the dock in the building that you will see is a restaurant called Alaska Fish & Chips.  They have an outdoor area that overlooks the bow of your ship as well as an inside dining area.  They have the best Halibut & Chips that I have ever eaten!  There have been other posters on CC who agree with my "dining revue".  

I just hope they survived the pandemic.  

They're open! Alaska Fish & Chips

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, redsox1584 said:

Thanks for posting this! Unfortunately I will be at Dock A the farthest one away...at least I know in advance 

That AJ dock is not all that bad -

YES it is a half a mile out of the loop

and one has to plan on a few sacrificial minutes getting back on board timely

But there are frequent shuttles to downtown

And the shore excursions meet you at the gangway up a steep slope

that same gangway steep incline - makes the trip back to the ship is all down hill.

• Like 1