Viking (Orion) Ocean Aft and Forward Cabins Advice Needed

c1952

Has anyone stayed in a Penthouse Veranda aft cabin beneath the World Cafe?  I am concerned about noise, especially at night when they move carts and transport goods to get ready each day.  Any comments at all would be appreciated about the quality of these aft cabins, as we have never sailed on Viking Ocean Ships.  We have the opportunity to stay near the front / elevators and also would like to know about the motion of the ship or related noises.  Anxious to hear from travelers that have either been aft under the World Cafe or up front near the elevators.  Interested in your experience with noise at back and motion in the front.  Thanks. 

Edited by c1952

We spent 128 days in 6013 in front of the elevators on the 2019. WC.  We really like being forward.  That’s not to say that there isn’t motion from time to time, but we really aren’t bothered by it.  That being said, there were three days/nights that were truly awful, after departing Bora Bora, in the Bight of Australia, and in the Indian Ocean.  But no one was exempt.  I do remember that while nothing tipped over, crashed, or broke for us, our friends on deck 6 aft, under the World Cafe, had some breakage.  But to tell you the truth, they loved their aft cabin.  I personally just think that there are no bad PV cabins.  

• 1 month later...

Did two world cruises in 607x cabins and the only disturbing noise was occasional noisy carts on exterior deck above.

We have since moved right below to deck 5 mostly because the overhanging deck wings block too much of the viewing angle up on 6.  But it makes a great sunshade.

Tom

We will be in a DV1 aft cabin on deck 4. These DV1 cabins are between the two ES on each deck.

Love the aft view after sailing many times  in a Sunset veranda on Celebrity.

Just finished my Covid test, the Bermuda Tourist form  tomorrow, and will be in my DV1 cabin on Tuesday July 13! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2021 at 10:27 AM, Azulann said:

We will be in a DV1 aft cabin on deck 4. These DV1 cabins are between the two ES on each deck.

Love the aft view after sailing many times  in a Sunset veranda on Celebrity.

Just finished my Covid test, the Bermuda Tourist form  tomorrow, and will be in my DV1 cabin on Tuesday July 13! 

So????  How was your stateroom?  Did you love your aft-view?    I am extremely curious how much balcony room you had, would love pictures if you have any you'd like to share.  🙂

5 hours ago, Triptkr said:

So????  How was your stateroom?  Did you love your aft-view?    I am extremely curious how much balcony room you had, would love pictures if you have any you'd like to share.  🙂

Here is the view I love. The balcony is the same size as the other DV cabins. 

43845ABE-0807-4A88-96C5-CDD84A939D0A.jpeg

61E77801-97BC-4D6A-9A4C-6566D498F80B.jpeg

• Like 4