Silhouette around Britain staycruisecations

Thameside

Just booked for the first of these proposed 6 day cruises leaving Southampton on the 3rd July. Fantastic value, if these go ahead as proposed. I do hope they happen. What are the chances do others think.

let’s get cruising soon

I am on the 3rd July and really looking forward to being afloat again. At the moment I'm not sure of all the 'ins and outs', but I think Celebrity are also not too sure. I feel it will go ahead, but we will probably be the guinea pigs. I am not happy about the PCR test, but that could change before the sail date. Roll on July!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mason525 said:

I can't see these. Where will they go?

They are 6 and 8 night cruises from Southampton travelling to ports in England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland in July and August. They are for fully vaccinated UK residents only so probably not advertised outside of the UK.

13 hours ago, laslomas said:

They are 6 and 8 night cruises from Southampton travelling to ports in England, Scotland, and Northern Ireland in July and August. They are for fully vaccinated UK residents only so probably not advertised outside of the UK.

I think you are right, they do not appear on the US .com site. 

We are certainly going to be the guinea pigs, being the first of them, but hey ho, hopefully it will still be fun even with the British weather. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

17 hours ago, laslomas said:

I am on the 3rd July and really looking forward to being afloat again. At the moment I'm not sure of all the 'ins and outs', but I think Celebrity are also not too sure. I feel it will go ahead, but we will probably be the guinea pigs. I am not happy about the PCR test, but that could change before the sail date. Roll on July!!!

From CelebrityCruises in reply to my query about PCR test results not arriving on time:

“The final details of testing requirement are still being fine tuned. Rest assured, full details on the testing requirements and process will be confirmed to guests soon.”

Just hope it gets sorted in time for the first cruises. Ours isn’t until 06.08.21, so hopefully someone will post the procedure.

Edited by upwarduk

21 hours ago, Thameside said:

Just booked for the first of these proposed 6 day cruises leaving Southampton on the 3rd July. Fantastic value, if these go ahead as proposed. I do hope they happen. What are the chances do others think.

let’s get cruising soon

Why wouldn’t they? MSC Virtuosa is starting her 3rd UK Seacation today... the first 2 cruises went very well... and the weather is getting better. 

7 hours ago, little britain said:

Why wouldn’t they? MSC Virtuosa is starting her 3rd UK Seacation today... the first 2 cruises went very well... and the weather is getting better. 

I hope so, this will be our first cruise since the summer of 2019, having missed out on our 4 day cruise on Apex and our New Orleans cruise in 2020. Apart from the odd weekend away, we haven’t had a ‘proper’ break since summer 2019. Looking forward to this immensely 😊

17 hours ago, downsmead said:

I hope so, this will be our first cruise since the summer of 2019, having missed out on our 4 day cruise on Apex and our New Orleans cruise in 2020. Apart from the odd weekend away, we haven’t had a ‘proper’ break since summer 2019. Looking forward to this immensely 😊

I forgot we overlapped on 2 cruises! One day we will meet! Lol. 

We're keeping fingers crossed.

After feeling quite doubtful about these, we reminded ourselves that on our last cruise pre-pandemic we didn't get off the ship and we had a lovely relaxing cruise - and that's our plan this time. OH has his 2nd vaccine dose in less than 2 weeks, and so we've booked for 17th July.  If it doesn't happen, hopefully we can use the funds towards our 2022 cruises. 

We wanted a sky suite but there were only 4 Royal Suites left on that sailing when we booked yesterday - so Royal Suite it is! (WHOOP!)

One thing I'm not sure on is how the free carparking from Celebrity at Southampton works. (I mean - I know where the carparks are, I'm not sure if there is something I need to do to claim the car parking. Still if I don't figure it out I can get in touch with our TA)

3 hours ago, talljules1 said:

One thing I'm not sure on is how the free carparking from Celebrity at Southampton works. (I mean - I know where the carparks are, I'm not sure if there is something I need to do to claim the car parking. Still if I don't figure it out I can get in touch with our TA)

Follow the link to ABP on Celebritys website ( https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/uk-cruises-from-southampton-2021/exclusive-offers#upgrades ) enter the promo code “CELEBRITY”.

Find your cruise and enter your booking reference and cabin number and the price should show as £0.00. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Celebrity is giving you free parking?  What a deal! 😊   

Seriously, as an American, and someone who loves the Silhouette, I'm very happy for you all (and jealous) -- I hope all those Silhouette cruises go, and you all have a fabulous time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

Follow the link to ABP on Celebritys website ( https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/uk-cruises-from-southampton-2021/exclusive-offers#upgrades ) enter the promo code “CELEBRITY”.

Find your cruise and enter your booking reference and cabin number and the price should show as £0.00. 

Cheers - all sorted.

49 minutes ago, talljules1 said:

We're keeping fingers crossed.

After feeling quite doubtful about these, we reminded ourselves that on our last cruise pre-pandemic we didn't get off the ship and we had a lovely relaxing cruise - and that's our plan this time. OH has his 2nd vaccine dose in less than 2 weeks, and so we've booked for 17th July.  If it doesn't happen, hopefully we can use the funds towards our 2022 cruises. 

We wanted a sky suite but there were only 4 Royal Suites left on that sailing when we booked yesterday - so Royal Suite it is! (WHOOP!)

S class RSs are wonderful! The only snag is there is no going back!

Special Delivery is available from Southampton and really does speed up getting on board. I don’t know if things will be different in the present circumstances but from dropping our luggage off to sipping champagne in Michael’s/Retreat was 15 minutes. 

You should be contacted about two two weeks before your cruise about your bar and room set up....

Enjoy, we should be in the Silhouette  PH in September but doubtful our 11 night cruise will happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

S class RSs are wonderful! The only snag is there is no going back!

Special Delivery is available from Southampton and really does speed up getting on board. I don’t know if things will be different in the present circumstances but from dropping our luggage off to sipping champagne in Michael’s/Retreat was 15 minutes. 

You should be contacted about two two weeks before your cruise about your bar and room set up....

Enjoy, we should be in the Silhouette  PH in September but doubtful our 11 night cruise will happen.

It really does all sound amazing. Am looking forward to wall-to-wall specialty dining.  We've done several cruises on Eclipse but never been on Silly before, so looking forward to trying The Porch and the lawn grill for lunches (and Sushi on Five which we love*).

Really hope it goes ahead. Will wait and see what happens re need for PCR tests, which will factor into our decision as to whether to drive down on the day or the night before as usual. We will both be fully vaccinated by then (I already am and OH has his 2nd dose within the next 2 weeks) and so hopefully all will be well.

* Having been to Japan before we were excited to see when we booked a cruise on Norwegian Jade that it had a sake bar.  When we got on board we went along and asked what sakes they had. The answer was "Hot or Cold" - LOL!  Celebrity has a choice of lots of different ones (hot or cold).

Can anyone comment on their Retreat experiences. 
my husband and I are very tempted to book a Sky suite on the Silhouette on July 31st on one of the UK staycation cruises this summer. 
only concern is that there will be lots of children onboard due to it being the start of the school holidays. 
Not going to be much of a Retreat if there are children running around Luminae, the lounge and the pool area. 

We're booked with my son and his family for the 17 July sailing. He had his first vaccination just over 2 weeks ago and can't get a booking for earlier than 30 July, so we're panicking a bit now. If he can't manage to get his second jab before 17 July will Celebrity stop him boarding?

35 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Not going to be much of a Retreat if there are children running around Luminae, the lounge and the pool area. 

PCR tests will be required for children ( and possibly adults too, unless there is a late change🙏). I imagine this will prevent families booking, as it will become very costly, so I am hoping there won’t be too many children.

32 minutes ago, Mim Lloyd said:

We're booked with my son and his family for the 17 July sailing. He had his first vaccination just over 2 weeks ago and can't get a booking for earlier than 30 July, so we're panicking a bit now. If he can't manage to get his second jab before 17 July will Celebrity stop him boarding?

I believe 2 jabs is a condition of boarding so yes they will stop him boarding. 

1 hour ago, Mim Lloyd said:

If it helps, on the website, these are the latest conditions for travel : https://www.celebritycruises.com/gb/healthy-at-sea/uk-travel-requirements