CDC relaxes standards more

Mary229

Just now, rkacruiser said:

Celebrity Eclipse, at the men's restroom outside of the MDR, just off the Atrium, there was a Steward in the restroom who offered us gentlemen towels after we made our visit and washed our hands.  He kept the area spotless.  Perhaps HAL needs to do the same?

Maybe they need automated spigots that sing happy birthday to you so that you wash your hands long enough 😅 .   I was so hopeful that hand washing would be ingrained but I witness the same lack of hygiene in the women’s room now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Maybe they need automated spigots that sing happy birthday to you so that you wash your hands long enough 😅 .

I will nominate you to be the next Executive Vice-President of On-Board Services for Holland America Lines!  

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I will nominate you to be the next Executive Vice-President of On-Board Services for Holland America Lines!  

Some of the newer ships have wash stations in the Lido, maybe that’s why.

3 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

But do they sing?  In a more serious vein, why do automated washing spigots shut off offer 5 seconds, they should be set for the hygienic 20 seconds 

Edited by Mary229

6 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

I am aware of this.  And, I have observed many guests on both Princess and HAL ships that totally ignore them.  

Is there a need to continue this aspect of discussion on this thread?  

Have a pleasant evening.  

Going back to the lido the CDC still recommends staff service at the buffet stations including beverage stations.   HAL has this model pre-pandemic and I don’t see them dropping that model.   

1 minute ago, Mary229 said:

Going back to the lido the CDC still recommends staff service at the buffet stations including beverage stations.   HAL has this model pre-pandemic and I don’t see them dropping that model.   

Agreed,the lines have largely gotten away from self serve with limited exemptions.

1 hour ago, sfocruiser said:

<sigh>   what was it about the Prinsendam and the Lido cheese selections ?  Was always amazing and many steps above the other ships.   They must have had a secret cheesemonger in the back.    

Yet another thing that will be missed form the Prinsendam

Maybe another HAL ship will pick up where Prinsendam left off?

1 hour ago, kevingastreich said:

Maybe another HAL ship will pick up where Prinsendam left off?

It would be nice.  We can always dream, can’t we? 😉 

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

I can’t tell you how many times I have been in the Men’s room and watched someone do their business and leave without washing.

Yes, and I wonder if it is any better in the Ladies' room.

• Like 1

I had my 2nd cataract surgery yesterday, When I arrived for the first eye surgery one week earlier everyone was required to wear masks.

Yesterday vaccinated patients did not have to wear a mask. All of the staff still wore them.

I hope the world gets vaccinated. 

Edited by TomBeckCruise

12 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Yes, and I wonder if it is any better in the Ladies' room.

Can't speak to how men's rooms are, but I do know that at least some of the handicap ladies room stalls have a sink right inside the stall. So, someone coming out of one of those can look like she didn't wash her hands, but may have just used the one inside. 

Now that I need to use the handicap stalls, I am less quick to judge others coming out of them.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, RuthC said:

Can't speak to how men's rooms are, but I do know that at least some of the handicap ladies room stalls have a sink right inside the stall. So, someone coming out of one of those can look like she didn't wash her hands, but may have just used the one inside. 

Now that I need to use the handicap stalls, I am less quick to judge others coming out of them.  

Thank you, you learn something every day.

But, in a men's room when you see someone going straight out the door after using a urinal, you know for sure there was no hand washing involved.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

Thank you, you learn something every day.

But, in a men's room when you see someone going straight out the door after using a urinal, you know for sure there was no hand washing involved.

I was in a bathroom in 2018 on a cruise and saw a guy who did not wash his hands after using the..... I asked him why and he said that drying his wet hands causes damage to the skin .

2 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I was in a bathroom in 2018 on a cruise and saw a guy who did not wash his hands after using the..... I asked him why and he said that drying his wet hands causes damage to the skin .

I like the arrangement we have seen in Mexico and a few US Starbucks: The restroom sinks were out in the entryway into the restrooms. Everybody could see who bypassed washing up on their way out of the can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IPB4IGO said:

I like the arrangement we have seen in Mexico and a few US Starbucks: The restroom sinks were out in the entryway into the restrooms. Everybody could see who bypassed washing up on their way out of the can.

I saw that arrangement once in a museum in New Zealand. Men and women shared the wash facilities, which must have save money on installation. 
I did see a man leaving without washing. Women were much better at cleaning up.