Insurance Confusion

themutis

Looking into insurance and possible Covid Quarantine coverage and one policy says (wondering if they all have this in the fine print)

Trip Interruption Coverage

• You or a traveling companion must not have traveled against the orders or advice of any government or other public authority at any location to, from, or through which you are traveling on your trip.

And on the CDC Website it says:

• Because of the current situation in Sint Maarten even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid nonessential travel to Sint Maarten.

Wondering if traveling to St Maarten will be covered or not 😞  So confusing.

8 hours ago, themutis said:

Looking into insurance and possible Covid Quarantine coverage and one policy says (wondering if they all have this in the fine print)

Trip Interruption Coverage

• You or a traveling companion must not have traveled against the orders or advice of any government or other public authority at any location to, from, or through which you are traveling on your trip.

And on the CDC Website it says:

• Because of the current situation in Sint Maarten even fully vaccinated travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants and should avoid nonessential travel to Sint Maarten.

Wondering if traveling to St Maarten will be covered or not 😞  So confusing.

Insurance even outside the pandemic is confusing for me. It's why I use Steve Dasseos on the insurance board to run options by me.

Here's a good article from Forbes about best COVID related travel insurance.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-pandemic-travel-insurance/

10 hours ago, Petoonya said:

nsurance even outside the pandemic is confusing for me. It's why I use Steve Dasseos on the insurance board to run options by me.

Here's a good article from Forbes about best COVID related travel insurance.

https://www.forbes.com/advisor/travel-insurance/best-pandemic-travel-insurance/

Thank you for this information!  Appreciated

You might want to look into medijet.  They have updated their policy.  If you are admitted to the hospital for covid-19, you will be flown home to the USA.   They have done this EVEN after the January required test to return to the USA.

There are a few competitors that also offer versions of this.  We have not stopped travelling during the pandemic.  Medijet is what gave us the confidence to continue to travel.  Before vaccines were available,  we ensured that if we caught it and it got serious, we would be cared for in the USA, which what we would want.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msears101 said:

You might want to look into medijet.  They have updated their policy.  If you are admitted to the hospital for covid-19, you will be flown home to the USA.   They have done this EVEN after the January required test to return to the USA.

There are a few competitors that also offer versions of this.  We have not stopped travelling during the pandemic.  Medijet is what gave us the confidence to continue to travel.  Before vaccines were available,  we ensured that if we caught it and it got serious, we would be cared for in the USA, which what we would want.

MedJet [no 'i']

The AARP discount on MedJet more than pays for the AARP membership.  Then you can also get some other AARP discounts [Hilton gives their absolute best civilian rate plus 2 pm late checkout].

We book all of our travel using our Chase Sapphire card which automatically includes excellent insurance coverage. Then we buy an emergency medical and repatriation policy. We have bought one that is annual for many years as it covers all trips in a 12 month period. We had to use Chase policy once and they were great.  So did other friends. Our card is $95 a year and we get points which we've used for our airfare to get us to and from cruise ports. All around it's been a great deal for us.  I've also used Steve Dasseos and Squaremouth. Different trips sometimes require different solutions. 

5 hours ago, sb44 said:

We book all of our travel using our Chase Sapphire card which automatically includes excellent insurance coverage. Then we buy an emergency medical and repatriation policy. We have bought one that is annual for many years as it covers all trips in a 12 month period. We had to use Chase policy once and they were great.  So did other friends. Our card is $95 a year and we get points which we've used for our airfare to get us to and from cruise ports. All around it's been a great deal for us.  I've also used Steve Dasseos and Squaremouth. Different trips sometimes require different solutions. 

I second that.  Chase's travel cards are excellent, although the claims are made through a third party, I have found the process relatively painless.  I have used the "insurance" at least three time that I can think of.  My advice is read the fine print before you need it. We are generally consider ourselves self insured, and usually have lots of backup plans and are just prepared to take care of most things ourselves.   Be prepared is my motto.

20 hours ago, msears101 said:

I second that.  Chase's travel cards are excellent, although the claims are made through a third party, I have found the process relatively painless.  I have used the "insurance" at least three time that I can think of.  My advice is read the fine print before you need it. We are generally consider ourselves self insured, and usually have lots of backup plans and are just prepared to take care of most things ourselves.   Be prepared is my motto.

We travel generally like you. However, on some of our more “exotic” destinations, we have not had to use but found comfort in knowing Medjet would get us from wherever we are to a US hospital near home, by private jet if necessary. For us on those trips, the couple hundred dollar annual premium seems worthwhile. 

Edited by Pudgesmom
  • Like 2