Shareholder credit

jeno

Is it possible to see Shareholder Onboard Credit  for a cruise on the website once you are logged in and accessing your other specific cruise information? I don’t know if I need to call Oceania to see if it has been applied, but I don’t see it listed anywhere. 
Thanks 

We book directly with Oceania.

In the past, I have snail mailed and emailed the the request form + Brokerage statement.

When approved I receive a new Guest Statement (Invoice) pdf in a email from Oceania. The applied credit is shown in the “Amenities and Gifts” section.

• Thanks 2

Like ITC  Lineman said, they would send an updated invoice to you or your TA once approved.

This is what I got back today:

"Thank you for contacting the NCLH Shareholder Benefit Request - Oceania Cruises Desk.

While this message is not intended as a reply to your inquiry, we are confirming receipt of your request. We will be responding in the order it was received."

• Thanks 2

Own 100 shares plus and when cruising on Oceania, receive $100-250 in SBC depending on the length of the cruise. 
If you are an Oceania cruiser, it is a great “spiff” because you can always spend free money from NCLH.  

Decent hedge!  Lol. I’m buying.  We’re on a 29day B2B, as one booking ID.  One challenge on a B2B I guess🤪

Just saw the shareholder rebuke to FDR though:

In a rare rebuke, 83% of shareholders did not approve the company’s executive compensation in a non-binding vote Thursday known as say-on-pay. As part of his $36.4 million payout, the company’s board awarded CEO Frank Del Rio a $2.8 million bonus despite the company’s record $4 billion loss for the year.”

1 hour ago, mauibabes said:

I did not share the 6 day or less $50 SBC because I have never seen an Oceania cruise under 7 days.  It is pretty easy to take a 14 day plus trip so $250 in SBC is always welcomed. 

I was all set to buy 100 shares to get this $250 on my 14 day cruise in January – but wait!  You only get $250 for 15 days or longer.  I would only get $100 on a 14 day cruise.  With NCLH rated F by Schwab, that isn't worth the risk.

I caught a lot of flack on CC over a year ago for having the audacity to suggest to people that it might be worth a “flier” for people who routinely sail Oceania to consider buying 100 shares of stock if for no other reason but to collect SBC to reach a break even point. Since we always cruise more than 15 days, had multiple bookings in place and the stock was down around $10-20,  I figured why not because I would get my $1000 back in SBC in 4 cruises, IF the cruise lines survived.

As of today it looks like they have survived and will be sailing soon. Riviera is sailing in October and we have two Grand Voyages scheduled which will generate $500 in SBC. Most importantly, the stock price was about $32 today. I guess my “flier” might just pan out. 

I sure wish I could pick stocks with that kind of ROI all the time. I really believe FDR has done a great job weathering the Covid seas and NCLH will continue to grow under his and the executive team at the three cruise lines management. My 2 cents.

• Like 3

On 5/28/2021 at 7:57 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was all set to buy 100 shares to get this $250 on my 14 day cruise in January – but wait!  You only get $250 for 15 days or longer.  I would only get $100 on a 14 day cruise.  With NCLH rated F by Schwab, that isn't worth the risk.

I agree it wasn't worth the risk so I bought just before the cruise. Got the credit. Then sold after the cruise.  Odds are you'll make or lose a few dollars but still ahead assuming you have a brokerage account that charges little or no fees.

Unlike the other major cruise lines, NCLH does NOT pay a dividend.  I have stock in those other companies as well as NCLH and the dividends are great additions to my retirement income.  I wish NCLH paid the dividend.  

I you purchase 100 shares of NCLH just before your cruise date and sell it after you arrive home again, as several folks have pointed out, your risk is mitigated, and you pocket $100 in benefits minimum.  Chances are the stock price will not be so volatile within the 7-13 day period of your cruise  to make much of a dent in the benefit.   As for the dividend, if you were to pay $32 for each of 100 shares, your $100 shipboard credit would amount to over 3% return on the investment within 1 week!   That's a hell of a return, if you ask me.   ($100 divided by $3200 = 3.125% - not annually, but in a week)  Obviously the risk increased if the price goes up, but you don't have to decide until the month you sail.  Certainly nothing to plan retirement strategy around, but probably nothing to stress about at this early point either!   

We purchased 100 shares 14 months ago when the price dropped to around $8.00 per share so with 3 cruises we will get our investment back ( we already have had 3 cruises canceled and 3 more booked starting this Nov).  The almost $2300.00 increase in value is nice too.  If the stock had tanked, we did not have very much invested...

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, WFHFLOYD said:

I you purchase 100 shares of NCLH just before your cruise date and sell it after you arrive home again, as several folks have pointed out, your risk is mitigated, and you pocket $100 in benefits minimum.  Chances are the stock price will not be so volatile within the 7-13 day period of your cruise  to make much of a dent in the benefit. 

Isn't there  a time limit  for  when you have to own the stock to get the OBC?

I thought I read someplace you had to own it  at the end of the last calendar year before you apply for the OBC

maybe someone who has stock will comment

10 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Isn't there  a time limit  for  when you have to own the stock to get the OBC?

I thought I read someplace you had to own it  at the end of the last calendar year before you apply for the OBC

maybe someone who has stock will comment

No time limit.  You must submit a current statement from your brokerage showing you own the stock.

From the terms of the offer copied from NCL's website:". All shareholder benefit requests must be received at least fifteen days prior to sailing date. The Shareholder must own the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing."

• Thanks 1

RCL has a form you can fill out online and drag and drop a PDF of your proof onto the form.  It also prompts you to input multiple cruises.  I filled out 4, and 2 were approved the next day, one I got last night.  Still waiting for the 4th, $50 on a 4 day jaunt to burn FCC.  I was very pleased with the turn around time.

Thanks for helping to make this process as easy as possible. The hardest part was getting the rep at Vanguard to help me to document my account holdings (that should have been easier!), and then to get my printer to do a scan for the first time (that was the hardest part).

OK, one more thing off my to-do list before SIL & BIL & I do our first TA on Riviera on 17 November!!

8 minutes ago, jeno said:

Back to my original question- is there a way to see that the OBC has been attached to the cruise on the Oceania website? 

When you go to manage my bookings, it shows the OBC available but this does not include any OBC from TA (usually).  The only place I have seen a correct listing of OBC is on the invoice my TA sends me and it is listed under amenities.

• Like 2