Shareholder credit

jeno

If you want to use your Shareholder Benefit for shore excursions, book the excursions in the usual way before the cruise.  Then when you get onboard go to front desk.  They will change the form of payment and credit your credit card.

• Thanks 1

We got a response from Oceania today. At first read it seems a bit contradictory but I suspect what they are saying is there is a window to submit this proof "???????????" days prior to 15 days prior to the cruise.

Anyone know what that window is?

The corresponding shipboard credits cannot be applied to the upcoming sailing as the Shareholder must own the NCLH stocks at time of sailing, please send the latest proof of shares statement no later than 15 days prior to departure.

4 hours ago, Robjame said:

We got a response from Oceania today. At first read it seems a bit contradictory but I suspect what they are saying is there is a window to submit this proof "???????????" days prior to 15 days prior to the cruise.

Anyone know what that window is?

The corresponding shipboard credits cannot be applied to the upcoming sailing as the Shareholder must own the NCLH stocks at time of sailing, please send the latest proof of shares statement no later than 15 days prior to departure.

Post number 23. I posted on 4 June about the process to get the shareholder credit for my 17 November cruise added to my account. I am not explicit in the post, but that is roughly when it occurred. That was 5.5 months prior to departure. YMMV.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, PhD-iva said:

That was 5.5 months prior to departure

Thank you.

if I have a complaint about O it is being deliberately obtuse on this and other matters. How easy it would be to say - “proof of share ownership must be submitted between 6 months and 1 month prior to sailing.” (for instance).

The email that I received from Oceania was a form letter with part of it highlighted. I copied it here as it answers other questions that have been asked.

Credit is applied on a per stateroom/suite basis. There can only be one credit per shareholder reservation on any one sailing. If you are requesting shareholder onboard credit for two or more separate staterooms/suites and shares are held jointly, a minimum of 100 shares per stateroom/suite booked must be held. Singles paying 200% are entitled to full onboard credit value. Any unused credit shall be forfeited and is not redeemable for cash. Benefit is non-transferable, excludes Reduced Rate programs (e.g. employee rates, interline, friends /family rates, vendor rates, cruises taken via cruise credit certificate, or free cruises earned through Oceania Cruises loyalty benefits), and travel agent rates, and charters. The Shareholder must own the Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. stock at time of sailing.Offer is valid only for new reservations made on or after January 7, 2017. It may not be used toward onboard service charges or pre-purchased activities. Government taxes and fees are additional. Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises reserve the right to change or withdraw the offer at any time without notice, and are not responsible for typographical errors or omissions. Other terms and conditions may apply. Offer and combinability with other promotional offers is subject to change at any time per Norwegian Cruise Line, Oceania Cruises, and/or Regent Seven Seas Cruises discretion.

Those is the answers I got from Oceania when asked why I don't see the credit:

This benefit was added to the booking as a gift and that is the reason it is not reflected in the amenities- gifts are not shown on invoices as a matter of privacy.

Q: I tried to book excursions online actually and the credit was not applied.

I have just been informed that when a booking is paid in full like yours is, you are not able to book tours online and you have to call in to Guest Services, or your travel agent (Reservations) at the number listed below and they will book the tours for you.   This is a recent change.