Cruising TO Bermuda in 2021?

JFontaine

Currently ,only Viking Ocean ship Orion is doing a 8 day cruise  with three ports  and two sea days  around the island of Bermuda. The sailings are Jun15 through August 3. The ship's homeport is Bermuda.  You would have to fly to Bermuda.

Celebrity did just announce  they are beginnng  to sail  again. Need to look at their web site or go to the Celebrity forum on CC for the list of  actual sailings.

I used to sail on Celebrity . Love the M class ships. But now I am a Viking cruiser.

I look forward to my sailing on July 13  beginning in Hamillton, Bermuda.

Edited by Azulann
  • Like 1

On 5/27/2021 at 9:12 PM, JFontaine said:

Are there any cruise ships from the NY/NJ area cruising to Bermuda in 2021?  We were on the canceled Summit cruise, and now would be open to almost any other line. Thanks. 

Check out NCL there are quite a few 7-Day 2021 cruises from NY to Bermuda.

• Thanks 1

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-covid-19-information-immunised-travellers

i see no protocols for cruises. says you test before  you arrive then take test at the airport. pretty sure they dont want all cruise people at an airport. says you gotta quarantine until your test is neg.

• Immunised travellers WITH a valid negative, pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test result must quarantine until they receive a negative result from their arrival COVID-19 PCR test. Following that they are no longer required to quarantine, but must test on day 4, 8 and 14. 

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

https://www.gov.bm/coronavirus-covid-19-information-immunised-travellers

i see no protocols for cruises. says you test before  you arrive then take test at the airport. pretty sure they dont want all cruise people at an airport. says you gotta quarantine until your test is neg.

• Immunised travellers WITH a valid negative, pre-arrival COVID-19 PCR test result must quarantine until they receive a negative result from their arrival COVID-19 PCR test. Following that they are no longer required to quarantine, but must test on day 4, 8 and 14. 

That is the protocol for cruises too. We have to have a negative Covid test IPRC) four days before we arrive. Pay $75 for a Travel autorization form  filled out with attached negative test resutls to Bermuda. Once we land at airport we again take a covid test. We will go to the Viking Orion, we are flying in the first day of cruise,  to wait for the results within 4-24 hrs. Viking has a saliva test lab on board and will test us on day 4 and once before we leave to fly back to US.  

Now all this can change, Phase3 for Bermuda will start on June 6 and maybe by the time we leave in July  some of these protocol will  be dropped. Bermuda has no new cases in the last four days and only 33 postive cases right now on the island. Change is the opertative word  going to any country  this summer. 

Edited by Azulann

21 hours ago, krolyat said:

Check out NCL there are quite a few 7-Day 2021 cruises from NY to Bermuda.

I went to their  web site  and could find 2022 sailings. What  dates are you looking at? 

7 minutes ago, Azulann said:

I went to their  web site  and could find 2022 sailings. What  dates are you looking at? 

September 26, 2021 weekly through the first week of November.   Rates are very low. Over on the NCL board there are some skeptics on whether these cruises will actually happen.  

The Celebrity Summit that was supposed to go to Bermuda, was moved two weeks ago to Alaska route, and now instead will do the Caribbean from St. Martin. Still lots of moving parts  

13 minutes ago, Azulann said:

There are 7 day Bermuda cruises from NY on the Norwegian Breakaway for six consecutive weeks starting Sept. 26, 2021:

https://www.ncl.com/vacations?cruise-destination=bermuda&port=nyc&date=sep-2021,oct-2021,dec-2021

Edit: I see another post hit the board just before mine.

Edited by njhorseman

Thanks , so no sailing  to Bermuda this summer except for Viking Orion  through Aug 3. 

Viking Orion is homeporting in Bermuda for these sailings, not the US.

US is stil not  organized for ships to sail from their ports. 

Hi. I am booked on the Breakaway out of NYC on 10\24\21 to Bermuda. Just received an e-mail from my travel agent that final payment is due 6\19\21. Hoping it will not be cancelled like all my other cruises.

1 hour ago, dorie said:

Hi. I am booked on the Breakaway out of NYC on 10\24\21 to Bermuda. Just received an e-mail from my travel agent that final payment is due 6\19\21. Hoping it will not be cancelled like all my other cruises.

You may want to tell your travel agent that NCL revised its final payment due dates to 60 days prior to departure for 2021 sailings, so your payment shouldn't be due until late August. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Biffire said:

Jamie, which NCL ship?

We are on the Breakaway 9/26 did not know there were other NCL ships available.

I am on the Breakaway....

Ah, I see that I mistyped 9/24 instead of 9/26. Just a typo.

Edited by JamieLogical

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello, we just booked the Breakaway (NYC-Bermuda) for 10/17...I was concerned about Bermuda's travel authorization protocol, but my booking agent at ncl said that they will take care of everything.  They will give us a pcr test prior to boarding, send that information to Bermuda authorities and once we arrive in Bermuda (on day 4), ncl will give us another pcr test, email that information to Bermuda authorities and then we will be allowed to proceed to the cruise terminal to pay the $75 fee and be allow into Bermuda.  I hope it goes as smoothly as he made it sound.  Anyone have any different information??  

Did someone say the public transportation is not running?? (buses and ferries)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AnitaVacation said:

Hello, we just booked the Breakaway (NYC-Bermuda) for 10/17...I was concerned about Bermuda's travel authorization protocol, but my booking agent at ncl said that they will take care of everything.  They will give us a pcr test prior to boarding, send that information to Bermuda authorities and once we arrive in Bermuda (on day 4), ncl will give us another pcr test, email that information to Bermuda authorities and then we will be allowed to proceed to the cruise terminal to pay the $75 fee and be allow into Bermuda.  I hope it goes as smoothly as he made it sound.  Anyone have any different information??  

Did someone say the public transportation is not running?? (buses and ferries)

There has been MUCH discussion of this on other threads at this point. No information has been published/shared from NCL about the protocols for the Bermuda sailings yet. Those of us on the 9/26 sailings have had various promises that more information will be made available "this week" from PCC's, customer service reps, and even the CEO of NCL. So we will have to wait and see.

Edited by JamieLogical

I just checked the public transportation page for Bermuda. Everything seems to be running as usual EXCEPT the ferry to St.George. (I did not see that route on the schedule).  Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't ncl own/run the ferry from Dockyard to St. George?  I guess we'll see if there is one when we get there....not sure we would want to take the bus from Hamilton to St George....but maybe.

6 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

There has been MUCH discussion of this on other threads at this point. No information has been published/shared from NCL about the protocols for the Bermuda sailings yet.

We got our rundown from Crystal for an upcoming trip in October.

- Negative PCR test will be required 4 days prior to boarding

- Vaccination card will be required at checkin (last dose 14 days before embarkation)

- Antigen test and temperature check in the terminal prior to boarding

- Day before arrival in Bermuda, additional PCR test taken onboard (everyone on board must test negative for the ship to dock in Bermuda)

- Antigen test taken a day or two prior to returning to the US

3 minutes ago, princeton123211 said:

We got our rundown from Crystal for an upcoming trip in October.

- Negative PCR test will be required 4 days prior to boarding

- Vaccination card will be required at checkin (last dose 14 days before embarkation)

- Antigen test and temperature check in the terminal prior to boarding

- Day before arrival in Bermuda, additional PCR test taken onboard (everyone on board must test negative for the ship to dock in Bermuda)

- Antigen test taken a day or two prior to returning to the US

I assume the antigen test taken prior to returning to the US is for non-citizens? US citizens do not currently need to test when returning to the US via ship or land crossing. Only if flying.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I assume the antigen test taken prior to returning to the US is for non-citizens? US citizens do not currently need to test when returning to the US via ship or land crossing. Only if flying.

I'm not sure if thats true-- I believe its anyone returning to the US now. They are requiring it for all US citizens on the ship. 

Just now, princeton123211 said:

I'm not sure if thats true-- I believe its anyone returning to the US now. They are requiring it for all US citizens on the ship. 

I literally just came over the land border from Canada two days ago and was not required to test. I have heard nothing about any other cruise line requiring onboard testing for US citizens returning to US ports.