I’m not a snob

kasowell2

7 minutes ago, LGW59 said:

Agreed Den.  Never done a TA but that will change in Oct 2022 on Beyond.  Was in an S3 on EDGE in 2019, room, Retreat, entire ship was amazing.  Enjoy your cruises!!

Thanks guys. (In my vocabulary ‘guys’ is men And women), and LGW59, how did you find the S3 being in the Magic Carpet run section. 

den

8 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Thanks guys. (In my vocabulary ‘guys’ is men And women), and LGW59, how did you find the S3 being in the Magic Carpet run section. 

den

Did not bother me at all.  I was in a cabin on the end of the track so I had a forward facing window on the end, I loved it,  Sat in my chair with the small table (hope they change that) eating breakfast, watch the ship cut through the ocean, I found it so relaxing. I would def book it again, though next time I may try for the end one facing aft so I can maybe see the wake.  The window on those cabins is really cool.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

den

One thing that is nice about the S3's is that the verandah is actually larger than the S1's and S2's on the Port and Starboard sides of the Edge. The only verandahs larger than the S3's are the S1's on the Aft.

We had an S3 booked for an upcoming sailing, but only changed it when our favorite Aft S1 became available.

Enjoy Den!

• Like 2

We are booked for a 16 day TP on the Millie in a Sky Suite this September 2021, Vancouver - Alaska - Tokyo.  Anyone else?  We were on the Millie in a Sky Suite on the same TP three years ago and LOVED the ship, captain, and crew and all the guest friends we made!  But that was before she was Solsticized, Revolutionized, and refurbished in 2019.  This will be our first time in the Retreat and September can't come soon enough.  A little birdie told me that if Vancouver is not Covid open by then, embarkation will be in Seattle.  Quien sabe?

3 hours ago, El Crucero said:

We are booked for a 16 day TP on the Millie in a Sky Suite this September 2021, Vancouver - Alaska - Tokyo.  Anyone else?  We were on the Millie in a Sky Suite on the same TP three years ago and LOVED the ship, captain, and crew and all the guest friends we made!  But that was before she was Solsticized, Revolutionized, and refurbished in 2019.  This will be our first time in the Retreat and September can't come soon enough.  A little birdie told me that if Vancouver is not Covid open by then, embarkation will be in Seattle.  Quien sabe?

There is virtually no chance that the Canadian ban will be lifted this year. Whether your cruise will depart from Seattle I've not heard.

I AM a snob!

We are inside cabin snobs. Since 1997, 2 or 3 cruises a year, we rarely booked a window and once, on Edge, we opted for the infinity veranda. 

Otherwise, it was always an inside. Sometimes, people looked at us funny and were surprised at how nice the cabin was when I invited them to see it.  We were very proud to be "insiders'.

Now, thanks to covid and what happened to the poor pax on the Princess ship, we will have to join the masses and book a balcony cabin.  I only hope that all goes well, and we will be able to sail this winter.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, cantstopingcruising said:

I AM a snob!

We are inside cabin snobs. Since 1997, 2 or 3 cruises a year, we rarely booked a window and once, on Edge, we opted for the infinity veranda. 

Otherwise, it was always an inside. Sometimes, people looked at us funny and were surprised at how nice the cabin was when I invited them to see it.  We were very proud to be "insiders'.

Now, thanks to covid and what happened to the poor pax on the Princess ship, we will have to join the masses and book a balcony cabin.  I only hope that all goes well, and we will be able to sail this winter.

Inside cabins are the best for afternoon naps 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...
On 5/28/2021 at 7:48 PM, kasowell2 said:

I’m really not a snob but wanted to ask this question to those that cruise in suites. We’ve only been in a suite once before. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be sailing on the Edge July 17th. Those that have cruised in suites, what’s the first thing you do when getting on the ship?

When a saw the title of this thread the first couple of times I kept scrolling, but I am glad I finally clicked on it this morning.  I spent the last few minutes getting caught up on such a pleasant, enlightening thread.  Thanks everyone for all of the great tips.  So did you end going on the cruise and how was the suite experience for you?

On 9/19/2021 at 10:56 AM, Stem to Stern said:

When a saw the title of this thread the first couple of times I kept scrolling, but I am glad I finally clicked on it this morning.  I spent the last few minutes getting caught up on such a pleasant, enlightening thread.  Thanks everyone for all of the great tips.  So did you end going on the cruise and how was the suite experience for you?

Unfortunately we had to cancel