"Fully" vaccinated ?

M&PGermany

....And the key point of this thread is the question what Seabourn considers "FULLY" vaccinated.

As there is no official statement yet, if anyone has any new pieces of information - please let me know!

Thank you

48 minutes ago, M&PGermany said:

....And the key point of this thread is the question what Seabourn considers "FULLY" vaccinated.

As there is no official statement yet, if anyone has any new pieces of information - please let me know!

Thank you

Assuming that Seabourn relies on our CDC published information/guidance (which is likely) fully vaccinated is defined as 2 weeks after one's second shot (or the single shot J&J Vaccine).   That is also the standard being used by the Greek Government for those flying to Greece.

Hank

Will Seabourn also accept one Az followed by a single Pfizer? That is the pertinent question since there are many people, in Germany, Denmark, Norway and Iceland who have received precisely these vaccines.

Another question that regulators of national governments and cruise lines will have to contend with is the outcomes of studies underway in different places as to how long each early-mid 2021 vaccine set is good for. A couple of countries have set out their belief in coverage for only 6 months. 
We also know some countries are researching boosters to top up immune systems and cope with current and likely future variants. What is the timeline for them and for cruise lines requiring such boosters in 2021 and 2022?

Everything is so fluid, but then it was all up in the air a year ago and we have cruising back on line with great science underway. A big effort is needed now to expand global inoculations to drive down the spread and chance for more variants.

Happy and healthy sailing!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, M&PGermany said:

Thank you

Norwegian specifically states the vaccines accepted

"Vaccines that have been authorized for use by the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or the European Medicines Agency (EMA) will be accepted."

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

I haven't found any specific information on accepted vaccines for Carnival or Seabourn.  I would suggest you call.

This is why the thread deviated into cruise transparency.

There is another caveat that the vaccine must be accepted by the country you visit in addition to the cruise line.

It would make sense that the cruise information page include which vaccines are accepted for that specific cruise.

7 hours ago, markham said:

Will Seabourn also accept one Az followed by a single Pfizer?

Again, I cannot answer for Seabourn, but the response to that question from Silversea yesterday was yes. A number for countries are mixing and matching, and as long as it's what world health organizations are approving, Silversea will accept it. I'm guessing Seabourn will be similar, but it would be nice to get official confirmation for those who need it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, markham said:

Will Seabourn also accept one Az followed by a single Pfizer? That is the pertinent question since there are many people, in Germany, Denmark, Norway and Iceland who have received precisely these vaccines.

Thank you, markham. 

@cruiseej: Mixing vaccines is (as of now) neither approved by WHO nor the CDC, in spite of the fact that numerous countries are recommending and applying this scheme. 
Today Charité (Univ of Berlin) published first findings of a study about it: Same (if not better) results than the regular scheme, however not yet officially accepted.