MARELLA DISCOVERY ON GREECE THIS SUMMER

Today Marella Discovery was registered in the official 2021 cruise calendar of the port of Piraeus, Greece.

Cruises start mid August until mid October.

I believe the embarkation port would be Corfu.

They are weekly (7-night) cruises from what it seems.

All the other cruises of Marella Discovery 2 that were on Piraeus were removed.

Does anyone know something more?

• Thanks 1

Marella Discovery is also listed on the Mykonos and Chania official cruise schedules.

It seems the itineraries will be mostly the same with Discovery 2, but the Adriatic one seems to be totally replaced with a new greek islands one. Also the itinerary from Corfu to Istanbul seems cancelled.

As a replacement for a previously cancelled cruise I almost booked this cruise from Corfu to Istanbul, but decided against it regarding the possibility of it not being allowed to dock in Turkey as being a bit wobbly.

Instead I booked a cruise for 3 weeks earlier leaving from Southampton to Portugal/Spain. But Marella seems to have lost it. 😪

Maybe I will be able to replace the cancelled then replaced with lost cruise with a Greek Islands cruise  for July 2022, I do love the Aegean. ☺️

Sorry if this digresses a bit - we are due to pay our final balance on the 18th June for a cruise and stay departing on the 10th September 2021. Now as i stated above the cruise part is on Discovery 2 - which now looks like it is not sailing on the 10th. So, i had a look at the prices for next year - say mid August and for our cruise and stay holiday this year we would only get a 7 day equivalent cruise. Does anyone have similar experience of this? Marella/TUI have not contacted me whether the cruise will go ahead. Suppose I'll need to try the lottery and contact them.

Marella Cruises sailings on Marella Discovery and Marella Discovery 2 due to depart on or before 31 July 2021

Marella Cruises sailings on Marella Discovery 2 due to depart between 1 November 2021 and 30th April 2022.

Your cruise is not listed on Marella  cancelled cruise list yet so if I was you, would pay your balance

We had similar issues.Our balance was due but virtually knew our cruise wouldn,t be going although nothing official.Paid our balance and a few weeks later even if that it was cancelled.Moved it to next year and cost a few hundred more.Lost count on how many times we have moved the cruise

Based on this surely the other ships will be cancelled.

We are on the explorer in December, so after seeing this Ive changed my optimism from 50/50 to 90/10 against.

My guess is they are cancelling one ship at a time so to spread out the workload for refunds etc.

Edited by kevcharben

Going to be interesting to see what happens. 

I've seen a few staff heading over to start onboard (mainly explorer 1 and 2). Cruise director named AV techs. 

Also if search for booking a cruise in October many including explorer don't appear. Its very much like they are reveiwing what if any ships will run. Fingers crossed we are meant to be on the explorer 9th Oct. 

On 6/11/2021 at 10:40 PM, Pensioncruiser said:

Can't agree with that, we are still waiting for a refund from March last year and it's not a small amount. Perhaps they are a little more efficient now, just wishing I could be more optimistic 🙄

Hi PC.

Hope you and yours are all Ok.

They really are dragging their feet with your refund, Perhaps they think you will let it go if they ignore you. Stay positive and Keep at it mate.

Stay well.😉

Edited by Brummijam
Spelling

2 hours ago, Brummijam said:

Hi PC.

Hope you and yours are all Ok.

They really are dragging their feet with your refund, Perhaps they think you will let it go if they ignore you. Stay positive and Keep at it mate.

Stay well.😉

Thanks BJ all ok at the moment. Can't say to much at about the refund at the moment but should know something in a few weeks time, will post details when I can🤞

3 hours ago, Pensioncruiser said:

Thanks BJ all ok at the moment. Can't say to much at about the refund at the moment but should know something in a few weeks time, will post details when I can🤞

👍

• 3 weeks later...

Got notification yesterday that our cruise from Corfu on the 10th September now cancelled - two days before we were scheduled to pay the balance. Well at least we now know. What are people's opinions on the options now offered ?- eg 

If you amend and your new holiday is more expensive, you'll receive an incentive of up to 20% of the cost of your original holiday*, so you can find a holiday that's right for you without worrying about the extra cost.
spacer.gif
You have 14 days to amend your booking from when you receive this email. After this, your holiday will be automatically cancelled and you will be sent a refund credit for the amount you have paid for your holiday to date, plus up to 10% booking incentive*.
spacer.gif
We understand that you might not be ready to book a different holiday. If this is the case, you can wait until 14 days after you receive this email, when your holiday will be automatically cancelled.
spacer.gif
You'll then receive a refund credit for the amount you have paid for your holiday to date, plus up to 10% booking incentive*, which you can put towards any holiday that's currently on sale up until 31 March 2023. You will receive this within 14 days of your booking being cancelled.
spacer.gif
3. You also have the option to simply cancel your booking – we'll then automatically refund you the amount that you've paid for your holiday.

Our friend had there Discovery 2 ex Corfu 8th Oct on Wednesday.  On hearing that the Discovery 1 would be doing ex Corfu September & October they called today to transfer onto the 8th October departure. On hold for just over an hour, they were advised that after further information yesterday they are not sure if the cruises will run ex Corfu so they could not transfer. They then asked to book Explorer 1 ex Palma on the 9th October, strangely are then advised that they can't transfer/re-book as there is a doubt if this will be running.

Yet both of the above are showing website  

Yes, I seen that the Discovery was in Amsterdam a few days ago near the explorer 2 which was also there.

Who knows now what will actually sail in October and where. (Fingers crossed for the Explorer ex Palma 9th Oct)