High prices and bad itineraries

Hi,

i an looking to cruise in December and am very surprised at the lack of shorter cruises on large ships.  Around the holidays, there’s only one freedom or above class ship in the United States that is doing a cruise less than 7 nights.  Post pandemic I assumed more people may want shorter cruises and am very surprised no other freedom or oasis or anthem class ships are doing 4 or 5 night sailings and only 7 or 8 night.

Does anyone know if itineraries will be cancelled and reconfigured as ships come back info service?

I am also very surprised that prices are among the highest they’ve ever been.  I know a lot of people hesitant to sail and are turned away from even considering it given how high prices are.  For and industry trying to win customers back, does anyone know if there may be more sales and price updates?

Thank you very much.

Hold off until they start sailing...........Most "ALL" the ships right now might have itineraries that are REALLY subject to change.

Prices will be HIGH, they have lots of money to recoup..........guess where it's going to come from ? "YOU"

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi,

i an looking to cruise in December and am very surprised at the lack of shorter cruises on large ships.  Around the holidays, there’s only one freedom or above class ship in the United States that is doing a cruise less than 7 nights.  Post pandemic I assumed more people may want shorter cruises and am very surprised no other freedom or oasis or anthem class ships are doing 4 or 5 night sailings and only 7 or 8 night.

Does anyone know if itineraries will be cancelled and reconfigured as ships come back info service?

I am also very surprised that prices are among the highest they’ve ever been.  I know a lot of people hesitant to sail and are turned away from even considering it given how high prices are.  For and industry trying to win customers back, does anyone know if there may be more sales and price updates?

Thank you very much.

Lots of short sailings on Voyager class which really isn't that much different than Freedom class.

FYI...Freedom and Independence as well as Mariner and Adventure are all doing short sailings this December

Oasis class and Quantum class only do short sailings if there had been a short charter or as part of a repositioning so nothing new there

As part of working around holidays Symphony has a 5 day on Dec 18

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Thanks 1

Wait and dont book through royal. We booked in august for same exact price we booked pre covid. We never book through royal. 15 yrs cruising and always book outside of royal. We booked oasis in august 2 connecting balconies with 600 on board credit and 1 dinner for each room for 4k.... We booked that only 3 weeks ago. Doubtful you find anything less then 7 days on oasis class. Most long time cruisers will not be affected by pandemic. I wouldve cruised 10 months ago. Lol

Edited by rtazz17

51 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Most long time cruisers will not be affected by pandemic. I wouldve cruised 10 months ago. Lol

Agree. The only thing stopping me from cruising is the cdc stopped cruises from resuming. 

• Like 1

If you think about it, about half of the people cruising in the near future will be booked off of lift & shifts or fcc’s which is money that Royal has already burned and will not be generated off of that particular sailing. So they’ll essentially be sailing for free as far as Royal’s bottom line is concerned. 
So Royal will have to keep prices high until that imbalance is stabilized.  

• Like 1