RCCL One Meter Monitors

RCCL is hiring people called One Meter Monitors. They will constantly walk around enforcing the mandatory mask and social distancing policy. Saw an add from Royal Caribbean Group for them on social media today. Its a new new job posting at RCCL. So even though all adults will be vaxxed, it does not matter.

Sounds like RCCL mgt is doing everything they can to make sure we have a fun vacation...not.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

RCCL is hiring people called One Meter Monitors. They will constantly walk around enforcing the mandatory mask and social distancing policy. Saw an add from Royal Caribbean Group for them on social media today. Its a new new job posting at RCCL. So even though all adults will be vaxxed, it does not matter.

Sounds like RCCL mgt is doing everything they can to make sure we have a fun vacation...not.

Further proof of masks for life et all on at least on Royal. I can't see them being hired for only a few weeks and then laid off.

47 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

I went to the RCI career page and could not find mention of this job. Care to post the link where you heard about it?

43 minutes ago, Blauelini said:

As I have previously mentioned - I will go on my November Oasis cruise if it sails and because I have a balcony, I will be able to have a nice relaxing vacation regardless of the protocols on board; however, if Royal continues to require masks, social distancing, etc. because they are allowing non vaccinated passengers to cruise, I will simply go off to another line.

One Meter Monitors sound like a great source of entertainment - watching them piss passengers off.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, coldflame said:

I went to the RCI career page and could not find mention of this job. Care to post the link where you heard about it?

I checked it out too and couldn't find the job.  I did find a FB group though and the first picture is of a One Meter Monitor.

Just now, reallyitsmema said:

I checked it out too and couldn't find the job.  I did find a FB group though and the first picture is of a One Meter Monitor.

So maybe an EU thing only? Maybe they'll call it something else in the Americas?

• Like 2

I wouldn't want that job for when the show is over and the theater lets out. Imagine the Madness !! Everybody pulled to the side and told to go to the cabins and don't come out for 24 hours.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

If they look like that, I am breaking all the protocols. She will have to take off the mask and show me how to properly put on a mask..........

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

yikes!!!!!worster and worster!!!!

This is going to be chaos. We will not be going on the Anthem of the Seas in late November not a chance not with all this going on. It is like being in jail.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Yorkvillain said:

I approve of this specific hire. 

Aren't most contracts 8 months in length with most of these staff? So lets assume they will start July 1st? That contract would run toward March/April 2022 time wouldn't it?

2 minutes ago, Marygracie C. said:

We agree!!!!!

Might see if we can transfer to Cunard for the second league of 3 ship package. Cunard is first 2. They will be fully vaccinated with probably no kids under 12 so probably none of this. Or just lose the money and never cruise again.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Aren't most contracts 8 months in length with most of these staff? So lets assume they will start July 1st? That contract would run toward March/April 2022 time wouldn't it?

Like usual, you completely missed the point of the post. 

• Haha 2