DCL and the CDC sail guidelines....

goodtravels2u

Disney cruise line has canceled all cruises through through July 31, 2021. Has anyone heard, or know, how/when Disney will restart cruising? We have a cruise booked for mid August 2021 and have not heard about any cancellations yet. Also, does anyone know if DCL will require all guest over a certain age to be vaccinated including the crew? Or will they do test cruises? I emailed Disney on this and got no response. Not sure if they know yet, so has anyone else heard anything??

6 hours ago, goodtravels2u said:

Disney cruise line has canceled all cruises through through July 31, 2021. Has anyone heard, or know, how/when Disney will restart cruising? We have a cruise booked for mid August 2021 and have not heard about any cancellations yet. Also, does anyone know if DCL will require all guest over a certain age to be vaccinated including the crew? Or will they do test cruises? I emailed Disney on this and got no response. Not sure if they know yet, so has anyone else heard anything??

DCL has always been been unnecessarily super secretive about all sorts of things. They have been specially secretive/non-transparent about return to sailing. At least all the other cruise lines are telling passengers what to expect and when to expect them. My guess DCL can afford to be w/o passengers for far longer than any of the other cruise lines can given DCL is only a small part of Disney's revenue so they're not in a rush to get back to cruising. That said, I expect an announcement of some sort by mid-June regarding August sailings.

• Like 2

I agree Coldflame. DLC has ALWAYS been secretive about everything. It’s really nonsense though. They like to build up the “hipe” so to speak. But all it really does is add to the confusion and frustration of their guest. I guess we’ll all have to wait and see for now. Thanks for replying! 

Given that DCL has extended the PIF to 60 days before and the ability to move to a different sailing to 15 days before, thru November 30, 2021. Things are not looking good. I suspect DCL will not sail until they can go without masks and other things that take away from the pixie dust, with any luck, it will be 2 months after the 2-12 year olds are approved for the vaccine. Which likely means my double dip thanksgiving cruise will be at risk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

Good news, I suppose. For them it makes complete sense to go via mock cruises. The age groups do of their clientele doesn't lend itself to vaccination requirements.

And they sail, primarily, from Florida so no vaccine mandates anyway.

5 minutes ago, CI66774 said:

And they sail, primarily, from Florida so no vaccine mandates anyway.

We don't know that yet. The  UK cruises require vaccines for 18+. This test cruise is just so they don't have to meet the 95% passenger and 98% crew vaccination requirement.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

We don't know that yet. The  UK cruises require vaccines for 18+. This test cruise is just so they don't have to meet the 95% passenger and 98% crew vaccination requirement.

Got it. With the amount of kids on Disney cruises, there's no way for them to meet any vaccine guidance.

13 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Got it. With the amount of kids on Disney cruises, there's no way for them to meet any vaccine guidance.

The talks with the CDC have been private. I could see DCL asking for requiring 18+ to be vaccinated in exchange for allowing mask free adult areas. 

• Like 1

On 6/2/2021 at 7:56 AM, ArthurUSCG said:

The talks with the CDC have been private. I could see DCL asking for requiring 18+ to be vaccinated in exchange for allowing mask free adult areas. 

Don't think that will happen. Will conduct test cruises and go with testing prior to boarding no vacine requirement - out of Florida.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, ChutChut said:

Don't think that will happen. Will conduct test cruises and go with testing prior to boarding no vacine requirement - out of Florida.

That is up for much debate (check out the Royal and Celebrity boards).   Celebrity is absolutely playing chicken with the state regulations.  They plan to sail on Sunday with fully vaccinated passengers.  It should be interesting to see how it all plays out.

On 6/3/2021 at 11:38 AM, ChutChut said:

DeSantis will bow to the mouse. Mickey drives to much employment for him to play his political games. 

I'm also not saying that DCL will do 95% vaccinated cruises, I'm saying that DCL could work with the CDC and come up with fully vaccinated areas. The Quiet Cove, District/Europa, and Palo are adult only areas and would be easy to make mask free areas if DCL requires all adults to be vaccinated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2021 at 3:20 PM, ArthurUSCG said:

DeSantis will bow to the mouse. Mickey drives to much employment for him to play his political games. 

I'm also not saying that DCL will do 95% vaccinated cruises, I'm saying that DCL could work with the CDC and come up with fully vaccinated areas. The Quiet Cove, District/Europa, and Palo are adult only areas and would be easy to make mask free areas if DCL requires all adults to be vaccinated.

It's not DeSantis, It's a Florida law. It is no longer just an executive order. I'm not sure why that is so hard for people to grasp. The only one making it political is you. 

2 hours ago, sm3ds said:

It's not DeSantis, It's a Florida law. It is no longer just an executive order. I'm not sure why that is so hard for people to grasp. The only one making it political is you. 

The law doesn't state the minimum, just max, and guess who is the one at the top of the agencies. That means DeSantis can tell them to set the fine to $0. It's all political games to him to win reelection and is less concerned about getting cruises back up an running, since he can point to the CDC boogeyman.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

The law doesn't state the minimum, just max, and guess who is the one at the top of the agencies. That means DeSantis can tell them to set the fine to $0. It's all political games to him to win reelection and is less concerned about getting cruises back up an running, since he can point to the CDC boogeyman.

He seems to have high approval ratings. Pandering to the majority what a thought.  A lot of Floridians don't care about cruises and only a small minority of people can afford them. I think a lot of  people care about vaccine passports. I also think people on here put to much importance on cruising.  

• Like 2

11 hours ago, sm3ds said:

He seems to have high approval ratings. Pandering to the majority what a thought.  A lot of Floridians don't care about cruises and only a small minority of people can afford them. I think a lot of  people care about vaccine passports. I also think people on here put to much importance on cruising.  

100% people in these forums are absolutely deluded on the importance of cruising for FL or any US state for that matter. Endless acrimonious threads, specially on RCL board, with zero data to back up their claims up. Cruising could altogether disappear and the economic impact would be negligible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coldflame said:

100% people in these forums are absolutely deluded on the importance of cruising for FL or any US state for that matter. Endless acrimonious threads, specially on RCL board, with zero data to back up their claims up. Cruising could altogether disappear and the economic impact would be negligible.

I’ve been on 25 cruises, but I would rather never cruise again then have to carry a health pass or vaccine passport.  The longer I go without cruising the less I miss it.. I’m  sure 90% of the country or more  have never been on a cruise. Florida makes a lot of revenue off cruising,  but they’d be fine without it. 

5 hours ago, coldflame said:

Yep, people switched from cruises to land based vacations, which since most are choosing a USA based industry is keeping more of the money state side rather to foreign flagged, built and crewed ships.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sm3ds said:

I’ve been on 25 cruises, but I would rather never cruise again then have to carry a health pass or vaccine passport.  The longer I go without cruising the less I miss it.. I’m  sure 90% of the country or more  have never been on a cruise. Florida makes a lot of revenue off cruising,  but they’d be fine without it. 

It's sounding more and more like an updated WHO Yellow card is going to be needed for a lot of international travel.

7 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

Yep, people switched from cruises to land based vacations, which since most are choosing a USA based industry is keeping more of the money state side rather to foreign flagged, built and crewed ships.

Exactly. I won't be cruising for awhile but will be taking land vacations in Florida, etc.

19 hours ago, ArthurUSCG said:

People are also just going " straight to the source". Several of my colleagues, they all cruise too, flew to St. Marteen and Mexico for a vacay with their families.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2021 at 9:18 AM, coldflame said:

The cruise industry is worth nearly $8 Billion to Florida revenue. Read about it HERE.

Edited by coffeebean