DCL and the CDC sail guidelines....

goodtravels2u

On 6/17/2021 at 12:32 PM, ArthurUSCG said:

It's sounding more and more like an updated WHO Yellow card is going to be needed for a lot of international travel.

They going to be hard to justify if Covid numbers are not significant, but was ever about covid in the first place? Or was Covid just a means to an end. 

21 hours ago, sm3ds said:

They going to be hard to justify if Covid numbers are not significant, but was ever about covid in the first place? Or was Covid just a means to an end. 

Usually traditionally it is the countries without the resources or money to vaccinate their population that required the WHO Yellow card. Typically USA passport holders were exempt from requiring the Yellow Card for what we would consider the normal vaccines, because the USA vaccination rate was high enough.  Back in the 90s, the Caribbean was still requiring the Polio and Measles vaccines for travelers since the islands hadn't eradicatied them yet, but the USA population vaccination rate has been in the upper 90%, so from what I was told, USA passport holders didn't have to present a Yellow Card with the vaccinations, the islands considered all USA passport holders vaccinated.

On 6/21/2021 at 5:25 AM, ArthurUSCG said:

Usually traditionally it is the countries without the resources or money to vaccinate their population that required the WHO Yellow card. Typically USA passport holders were exempt from requiring the Yellow Card for what we would consider the normal vaccines, because the USA vaccination rate was high enough.  Back in the 90s, the Caribbean was still requiring the Polio and Measles vaccines for travelers since the islands hadn't eradicatied them yet, but the USA population vaccination rate has been in the upper 90%, so from what I was told, USA passport holders didn't have to present a Yellow Card with the vaccinations, the islands considered all USA passport holders vaccinated.

Most of Europe is opening to Americans without a vaccine requirement. I really feel like we’ll  be back to normal travel by next Summer. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sm3ds said:

Most of Europe is opening to Americans without a vaccine requirement. I really feel like we’ll  be back to normal travel by next Summer. 

I would tend to agree and I'd say 90% chance this is what will happen; however, the Delta Variant isn't joking around and could rain on everyone's parades.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 2:18 PM, coldflame said:

I would tend to agree and I'd say 90% chance this is what will happen; however, the Delta Variant isn't joking around and could rain on everyone's parades.

I said next Summer. 

• Like 1