Balcony hot tub, ever sailed in that suite?

MogeyMan

19 hours ago, flyrobinfly said:

Not sure why they're showing up sideways, sorry!

Were the pictures taken with an Apple device? My iPhone pictures will often attempt to turn sideways or upside down for no apparent reason.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:04 PM, HAL4NOW said:

Were the pictures taken with an Apple device? My iPhone pictures will often attempt to turn sideways or upside down for no apparent reason.

Sometimes when this happened in past, I rotated the offending pic over 90 deg and back (or just all the way around). Did a re-upload and the pic displayed properly.

• Thanks 1

We have been fortunate that all our cruises on HAL have been in the Pinnacle Suite.  Frankly, the hot tub on the balcony is the thing our family enjoys best about a cruise.  There is nothing better than coming back to the ship after a tiring shore excursion to be able to sit in your private hot tub, perhaps sip a drink, and watch the sail-away from the tub.

Someone asked if the water is hot enough.  Yes, but we have found that every 15 minutes or so, you need to drain out an inch or two of water and refill with hot water, to keep it at the temperature we like.

Our first cruise with HAL was on the old Statendam, which did not have a balcony hot tub, so we didn't know what we were missing.  But after we had one on the next HAL cruise, that is the only suite my family allows us to get.  We have also had balcony hot tubs on Oceania cruises; on those ships (at least their two largest), there are about 20 suites with them, which makes them much more accessible than the 1 or 2 Pinnacle Suites on HAL ships.  NCL also has them, but that is not the cruise experience we are looking for.  Too bad other cruise lines don't have them.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:01 PM, Torquer said:

We have been fortunate that all our cruises on HAL have been in the Pinnacle Suite.  Frankly, the hot tub on the balcony is the thing our family enjoys best about a cruise.  There is nothing better than coming back to the ship after a tiring shore excursion to be able to sit in your private hot tub, perhaps sip a drink, and watch the sail-away from the tub.

Someone asked if the water is hot enough.  Yes, but we have found that every 15 minutes or so, you need to drain out an inch or two of water and refill with hot water, to keep it at the temperature we like.

Our first cruise with HAL was on the old Statendam, which did not have a balcony hot tub, so we didn't know what we were missing.  But after we had one on the next HAL cruise, that is the only suite my family allows us to get.  We have also had balcony hot tubs on Oceania cruises; on those ships (at least their two largest), there are about 20 suites with them, which makes them much more accessible than the 1 or 2 Pinnacle Suites on HAL ships.  NCL also has them, but that is not the cruise experience we are looking for.  Too bad other cruise lines don't have them.

thanks for this info. I am so looking forward to family time in this suite and the hot tub cruising Alaska.