Where to stay in Seattle before cruise?

@scottca075

Great rebuttals to the comments posted on this thread.  Except perhaps....

Not so sure about your final one re: light rail. Maybe the poster is like my DH and I who enjoy the adventure of trying different methods to travel from airports to cities and it's not about saving money at all!  Cabs, private transports, limousine services, Ubers, Roissybus, RER, etc. taken them all and will likely do so again. We are looking forward to taking the light rail from SEA to Westlake Center and Amtrak post-cruise to Portland. Never done neither!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMLAalum said:

@scottca075

Great rebuttals to the comments posted on this thread.  Except perhaps.... Not so sure about your final one re: light rail. Maybe the poster is like my DH and I who enjoy the adventure of trying different methods to travel from airports to cities.....

Fair points. The older I get the fewer public transportation "adventures" I want, especially with cruise luggage. I have no problems with BART, MARTA, Link, CTA L trains, etc when I have a single carry-on roller, but cruise luggage.......

Yesterday, I flew into SeaTac for my HAL cruise today. I am staying at the Historic Mayflower Park hotel, great place and I recommend it. I rode the Link to Westlake Center. For me it sure beats the Seattle traffic. My cruise luggage in one 26” roller bag and a backpack.

i cruise solo and I am 66 years young, but found out being lazy at home did not help me with the waterfront hills and stairs. Guess the stairs and halls on the ship will whip me back into shape. Six hours to go and I will be on the ship!

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, SLC1954 said:

Guess the stairs and halls on the ship will whip me back into shape. Six hours to go and I will be on the ship!

My onboard training regimen usually includes a lot of trips to the buffet stations. That getting up and down and walking back and forth from stations really burns the calories! 😁

Have a great trip!

I’m here in Seattle this weekend and it is gorgeous as usual.  I’m not here for a cruise just here for a personal/business trip. Tourism has definitely come back. I get here several times a year and this is some of the busiest I’ve ever seen it. I prefer to either stay in downtown or the Pike Place market area or in Belltown. If the Inn at the market is in on your price range I would highly recommend it. Otherwise stay in one of those neighborhoods, and walk everywhere. We are staying downtown. Walked to Pike Placs market for breakfast, then down to the sculpture garden. We passed the Norwegian encore on Pier 66. Seattle’s an absolutely gorgeous city and if you take a cruise out of it you really should try to see it for a day or two. 

7C1FAD8B-9612-49EB-ACDA-193C6E9A7285.jpeg

5EEF4D3C-F651-438B-94DE-1CBC9BF071E5.jpeg

F6AC28E9-C958-4437-9048-C5CB66C68C19.jpeg

• Like 3

We will be flying in the night before our cruise on September 2nd. Our flight should arrive at 5:40pm.  My question is what is your opinion of Mediterranean Inn in the Queen Anne neighborhood?  Was considering that or Belltown Hotel or just stay at SeaTac. 
Currently have our reservation at Mediterranean Inn due to price and seems like it’s a nice hotel in a respectable neighborhood 

Any suggestions or opinions.

11 hours ago, KatnipKris said:

We will be flying in the night before our cruise on September 2nd. Our flight should arrive at 5:40pm.  My question is what is your opinion of Mediterranean Inn in the Queen Anne neighborhood?  Was considering that or Belltown Hotel or just stay at SeaTac. 
Currently have our reservation at Mediterranean Inn due to price and seems like it’s a nice hotel in a respectable neighborhood 

Any suggestions or opinions.

I like the area. There is a Safeway across the street and several restaurants within a few blocks. The Space Needle is a 10 minute walk as well as the monorail that can take you downtown. It’s also one of the closer hotels to Pier 91 and they have a rooftop deck.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:37 AM, Musky Ike said:

Has anybody stayed at the Moore Hotel?

Yes, I stayed there the night before my cruise, back in Sept. 2015. At the time, I liked it, as it was reasonably  priced, great location, room was clean and quiet. Had a very eclectic range of guests. All good! Great for people watching. Hotels  and neighborhoods can change a lot in 6  years, so I can't say what it is  like today. (True, it didn't have all the ammenities, as the Hiltons, or other brand name hotels, so the  Moore Hotel, may not be for everyone.)

Happy cruising!

• Like 1

Please consider this when booking a hotel in an older building...like the Moore.  This has been a horribly hot summer so you might want to make sure the one you choose is air conditioned.  Upper floors could be miserable, especially west facing ones.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, urbanhawk said:

Yes, I stayed there the night before my cruise, back in Sept. 2015. At the time, I liked it, as it was reasonably  priced, great location, room was clean and quiet. Had a very eclectic range of guests. All good! Great for people watching. Hotels  and neighborhoods can change a lot in 6  years, so I can't say what it is  like today. (True, it didn't have all the ammenities, as the Hiltons, or other brand name hotels, so the  Moore Hotel, may not be for everyone.)

Happy cruising!

Thanks but went with Belltown Inn

17 hours ago, nowornever said:

Please consider this when booking a hotel in an older building...like the Moore.  This has been a horribly hot summer so you might want to make sure the one you choose is air conditioned.  Upper floors could be miserable, especially west facing ones.

You are so right. Summer temps have been brutal.

1 hour ago, Love being Mimi said:

Has anyone stayed at Crowne Plaza downtown

I never have, but the location is fine.I've stayed at the Olympic and the Kimpton Vintage many times in the same area, and the area is nice. Beyond that I can't help.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread.

We're flying in on a Saturday in early July, 2022 for a Royal Caribbean cruise that leaves Pier 91 (supposedly) on Monday.  We would like to take in some of Seattle for a couple of days prior to embarkation since we've never been.  We both will have a backpack, a carry-on, and a standard suitcase.  

We will likely reserve a private transport of some sort from the SEA-TAC airport to a hotel somewhere in/near downtown from which we can walk to many of the sites to be seen in the city.  We're both in good shape, so hills aren't an issue and I'm not too concerned about crime...the wife is, but I am her protection...well, me and God of course!

With that stated, please list your top three hotel recommendations (I must have air conditioning though!)  Our budget is $300/night, but we don't HAVE to spend that.  I would love to find a htoel that does provide complimentary transport to Pier 91 if possible, but I'm open to suggestions about that.

Thanks all!

On 9/30/2021 at 11:54 AM, LEMJMcC said:

Reviving this thread.

We're flying in on a Saturday in early July, 2022 for a Royal Caribbean cruise that leaves Pier 91 (supposedly) on Monday.  We would like to take in some of Seattle for a couple of days prior to embarkation since we've never been.  We both will have a backpack, a carry-on, and a standard suitcase.  

We will likely reserve a private transport of some sort from the SEA-TAC airport to a hotel somewhere in/near downtown from which we can walk to many of the sites to be seen in the city.  We're both in good shape, so hills aren't an issue and I'm not too concerned about crime...the wife is, but I am her protection...well, me and God of course!

With that stated, please list your top three hotel recommendations (I must have air conditioning though!)  Our budget is $300/night, but we don't HAVE to spend that.  I would love to find a htoel that does provide complimentary transport to Pier 91 if possible, but I'm open to suggestions about that.

Thanks all!

Honestly I think you'd be better off starting your own thread. There is lots of non "choosing a hotel" noise in this thread. Since this is page 4, people might get lost in the earlier discussion and miss your question.

On 9/30/2021 at 11:54 AM, LEMJMcC said:

Reviving this thread.

……

Thanks all!

We just completed a B2B pair of Alaska cruises on a ship which departed from Pier 66.  Due to Celebrity’s COVID testing requirements we re-arranged our flights to arrive the day before departure.  We decided to stay directly across the street at the Marriott Waterfront.  If we ever depart from Pier 66 again we will consider staying there again.  

While we just walked across the street there were a number of folks departing on a RC ship departing from Smith Cove.  They were taking a shuttle to Pier 91.  I don’t know if the Marriott sponsored the shuttle or not.

• 3 months later...
On 8/9/2021 at 7:42 PM, scottca075 said:

I never have, but the location is fine.I've stayed at the Olympic and the Kimpton Vintage many times in the same area, and the area is nice. Beyond that I can't help.

On 10/2/2021 at 6:31 PM, Northern Aurora said:

We just completed a B2B pair of Alaska cruises on a ship which departed from Pier 66.  Due to Celebrity’s COVID testing requirements we re-arranged our flights to arrive the day before departure.  We decided to stay directly across the street at the Marriott Waterfront.  If we ever depart from Pier 66 again we will consider staying there again.  

While we just walked across the street there were a number of folks departing on a RC ship departing from Smith Cove.  They were taking a shuttle to Pier 91.  I don’t know if the Marriott sponsored the shuttle or not.

How were the olympic and kimpton village?

2 hours ago, dgoz said:

How were the olympic and kimpton village?

The Olympic is the grand dame of Seattle hotels, and wonderful.

The Kimpton Vintage Park, now called the Kimpton Hotel Vintage, is wonderful as well, but completely different from the Olympic because it is a boutique hotel, which is part of its charm. I've been staying there close to 30 years now I'd guess. I especially like their restaurant, Tulio.