Barbados summer cruises 2021

Jayjay900

1 hour ago, Borna said:

I’m on deck 5 whirlpool area now.  Come join! 

Would that I could! Looking forward to being there in two months. 

Nice rainbow in the background! Not so nice industrial port in front of it. 😉

@Borna Have they communicated what they will be doing on the day later this week when you were supposed to have had the port call in Jost van Dyke which has been canceled? Cruising around the British Virgin Islands could be very pretty if the captain can weave in and out and around, but I'm not sure how much of that they'd do with an ocean liner. Just wondering if they're doing anything beyond just a "day at sea" that day.

Also, if you have a chance to ask someone from Seabourn on behalf of those of use scheduled to follow you: do they think the port calls in the BVI (Jost van Dyke one week, Tortola the alternating week) will be restored after the three weeks they canceled, or is it likely they won't be able to do port calls in the BVI indefinitely? 

Thanks!

Borna-your updates are very much appreciated.  We are scheduled to set sail on August 15 and your updates are giving us a great idea of what to expect.  We have been on several Seabourn cruises and are concerned about our upcoming experience during these uncertain times but you are helping to calm those concerns.  Please keep the updates coming when you find time to send them.

• Like 1

When going on land for an excursion, there’s a very brief temperature check by the local island.  In Castries, you stand against a wall for a second and a machine reads your temperature.  In Dominica, a hand held device was pointed at your forehead to read your temperature. Lots of required hand sanitizing at the port terminals when exiting and returning.   Masks are supposed to be worn on excursions, but some passengers don’t.  

3 hours ago, Borna said:

Ok.  For my cruise, seabourn will anchor off the coasts of bvi and we can do watersports.   Seabourn is still hoping bvi might work starting mid august.  

Sounds like they hope to use the marina, depending on sea conditions.

21 hours ago, cruiseej said:

Looks a  little muddier then emerald! 😉  But it beats the view in my backyard.

Dominica's Emerald Pool is a beautiful short hike in the island's rain forest and the Pool itself is lovely.  But, when I was there, the walk is up/down hill with uneven stone steps and no hand rail.  Maybe the access to and from the Pool has been improved, but I doubt it.  

Sea day with some water sports like kayak and banana boat.  Glad there’s only about 25 percent capacity as pool chairs get taken quickly.  Nice quiet area with a pool and whirlpool on deck 5 outside the club.    Tomorrow herald attached 

6708AF93-5AEC-4287-9A86-E609C016B73D.jpeg

CCBCCFE2-9D5C-4367-8BBF-01A9C8BA2D8E.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks great. We have great memories of the Caviar in the Surf event here two years ago. It was Christmas day, and crew members were decked out in snow caps, reindeer ears, and other holiday gear, and many of them took turns throwing each other in the water (particularly some of the department heads). It won't be quite the same when we return in two months, but we look forward to the food & drink and nice beach day. I note that the Herald says you have to wear a mask on the beach and can only remove it while eating, drinking or swimming; that's a little disappointing since the only people on the private's beach are vaccinated passengers and guests -- but beach, caviar, champagne and lobster, even with masks, still beats being at home and having to mow the lawn! 😉 Hope you enjoy the day!

On 7/10/2021 at 4:54 PM, jenidallas said:

I’m firmly in your camp and we’ve been actively discussing this topic in our house this week.  We booked the 21-night holiday sailing (which is a a 10-night and 11-night Barbados RT back-to-back) and I’m not thrilled with the possibility of being stuck with only ship excursions for 21 nights.  We are seriously contemplating pulling the plug now and instead doing something less risky with the time and funds.

As much as I miss cruising and Seabourn, I don’t miss it *that* much!  🤪

The seabourn group excursions have been disappointing.  My private excursions, through seabourn as required, have been good.  

while masks are supposed to be worn on carambola beach, few did and no one balked.  

carambola beach, the seabourn caviar in the surf day, was a highlight today 

0C36CA50-8745-4A36-9A6C-B3D4F2B182A0.jpeg

627398FD-0777-4157-A829-2F8E910BC845.jpeg

6EB5CBBC-7DAA-4DAB-960A-2A0F46EC0D78.jpeg

C3036D95-9805-4A08-857C-BC56BAEDB459.jpeg

• Like 1

Crew The seabourn group excursions have been disappointing.  My private excursions, through seabourn as required, have been good.  

while masks are supposed to be worn on carambola beach, few did and no one balked.  

carambola beach, the seabourn caviar in the surf day, was a highlight today 

Hi Borna,

Can you please check with the new pax.  if they had any problems on arrival at BGI.  Especially anyone who arrived on Saturday, as we are on the following cruise, the 7th.

So enjoying your posts, especially the Heralds.

Joanne