Barbados summer cruises 2021

Jayjay900

My favorite part from tomorrow's Herald: "Team Trivia: Don't forget it's only a game!"  I've read people talking about trivia on these boards for years, and people seem so serious about it, we've never even bothered to show up for it. (To be clear: It's often at a time we're doing something else. I don't feel cheated. 😉 )

Some pics i took today a sea day.  Today is also the pcr test for those leaving or visiting Barbados.  It was quick and conducted in grand salon on level 6.  You can see some of the medical personnel in the below pic 

96E314CF-D96E-46A7-B4F3-9D6BC11FB436.jpeg

D9FBDCAC-57EF-4203-8C18-68BB3184237F.jpeg

• Like 1

We love team trivia on sea days , it is great fun. On sea days it usually starts at  noon for a hour so by then I am looking to get out of the sun and it finishes  at 1 o'clock a great time for lunch  There are lots of prizes and on cruises with a lot of sea days they have an accumulative prize as well.

Thanks for all the postings Borna.

Off your usual topics: have you met any one onboard who did a paid upgrade when they boarded as there have been no upsell offers prior to boarding on these cruises?

Thanks

Jane21.  I haven’t met anyone who paid for an upgrade.  Didn’t know it was an option.  But considering the huge number of empty cabins, seabourn would be wise to earn a little extra dough for an upgrade.   

32 minutes ago, Borna said:

Jane21.  I haven’t met anyone who paid for an upgrade.  Didn’t know it was an option.  But considering the huge number of empty cabins, seabourn would be wise to earn a little extra dough for an upgrade.   

Thanks for prompt response. I have never paid to upgrade on board, normally do it 6-8 weeks before with an upsell offer.

1 hour ago, Jane21 said:

Thanks for prompt response. I have never paid to upgrade on board, normally do it 6-8 weeks before with an upsell offer.

I wonder if they are so swamped dealing with rebooking people from canceled cruises that they just don't have the time to deal with offering paid upgrades at this time? 

7 hours ago, Borna said:

26 persons, including me, from the july 25 sailing are on the 14 day cruise.  53 are starting tomorrow august 1.  So there will be 79 guests august 1-8. 

Those numbers would be total bliss for us, with the staff levels wow, pampered all day!

Enjoy your 2nd week.

Notwithstanding, I still don't understand how running two ships is nothing but a cost center for the subsidiary ... Seabourn. Good luck to all, cause this is not sustainable.

@Borna. Well, if Grenada won't allow Seabourn in, I'm happy to see they came up with a new port of call to replace it -if there's anything you can do there, of course. Since you can't go off on your own, do they have any excursions available for you for the Grenadines port call?  The lack of communication to passengers is disappointing (although not surprising based on recent past experience). 

I'm also surprised to see there is a Formal night on the schedule. I thought there were no formal nights on tropical cruises. Did you have one formal night on your first 7-day cruise?

1 hour ago, cruiseej said:

@Borna. Well, if Grenada won't allow Seabourn in, I'm happy to see they came up with a new port of call to replace it -if there's anything you can do there, of course. Since you can't go off on your own, do they have any excursions available for you for the Grenadines port call?  The lack of communication to passengers is disappointing (although not surprising based on recent past experience). 

I'm also surprised to see there is a Formal night on the schedule. I thought there were no formal nights on tropical cruises. Did you have one formal night on your first 7-day cruise?

My paperwork for the 14 night cruise at the end of August states two formal nights. 

1 hour ago, Borna said:

Just received letter outside my cabin that grenada canceled and replaced with bequia.   Glad there’s a replacement.  

If you don't know Bequia I would recommend Princess Margaret Beach. I am not sure what facilities are there currently but it is gorgeous.

image.png.0f77dcf5f74ed17222d957ee7574399c.png image.png.bfab451386ea370d28b9504d635e5ed0.png 

There used to be a visitor information area in the place you got dropped off and the people there were lovely. We enjoyed a delicious chicken roti there for lunch in the main town...such as it was. But I like out of the way places.

13 hours ago, Jane21 said:

My paperwork for the 14 night cruise at the end of August states two formal nights. 

I must be missing something. I'm logged into the Seabourn website and looking at my upcoming cruise, and not seeing anything about formal night or dress code. Where does one find this information?

26 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I must be missing something. I'm logged into the Seabourn website and looking at my upcoming cruise, and not seeing anything about formal night or dress code. Where does one find this information?

Quite far down towards the bottom of your booking confirmation

6 hours ago, Borna said:

Just received letter outside my cabin that grenada canceled and replaced with bequia.   Glad there’s a replacement.  

4 hours ago, Borna said:

Just learned there are only two off island excursions in bequia, none of which is for the mobility impaired like my traveling companion.   

So are you going to just remain on the ship that day? If you can't do either of the two excursions offered, you still can't do anything on your own, right?

If you have a chance to ask any Seabourn folks: do they think this switch from Grenada to Bequia is likely to remain for future itineraries, or do they think this is a short-term issue which they expect will be resolved and they'll go to Grenada on future cruises? Thanks. I had just found that the excursions offered in Grenada on our cruise had expanded from two that we weren't interested in to seven options, several of which would be of interest. So it would be of interest to know if they think we will be going there or not. 😉 

31 minutes ago, Jane21 said:

Quite far down towards the bottom of your booking confirmation

I'm looking at my booking confirmation, and there's nothing about dining or format nights that I can see. Page 1 has pricing and guest info; page 2 has cancellation fees and notices, page 3 has additional included amenities, page 4 has our itinerary and flight notice legalese, and page 5 has Seabourn Club information. I would think it might be denoted on the itinerary page, which lists each day's port, arrival and departure -- but it's not. Where is it in your booking confirmation? 

28 minutes ago, cruiseej said:

I'm looking at my booking confirmation, and there's nothing about dining or format nights that I can see. Page 1 has pricing and guest info; page 2 has cancellation fees and notices, page 3 has additional included amenities, page 4 has our itinerary and flight notice legalese, and page 5 has Seabourn Club information. I would think it might be denoted on the itinerary page, which lists each day's port, arrival and departure -- but it's not. Where is it in your booking confirmation? 

Ah - just realised booking confirmation is from my travel agent. On all my confirmations it is included in the last page.  My 14 night Barbados to Barbados 29 August states two formal nights.