Resumption of cruises announced for Regent. First cruise for you will be?

I had booked a Penthouse A on the RSS Mariner for a July 2021 10 day sailing that embarked from Athens to Venice.

That was cancelled in April and transferred to RSS Explorer, same suite class, for  an August 2022  sailing, 10 days from Athens to Istanbul.

So we'll see if this still sails, considering the Delta variant activity in the Mediterranean. Who knows what the case may be by 2022.

More than enough time to cancel and get my deposit back.

Edited by SireDoime
addition stuff

10 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

If the cruise was out of the USA, I would still do it...but I have no desire to get stuck in Turkey...I have seen Midnight Cowboy.

I think you meant Midnight Express.

My next three cruises all leave and return to USA; I don't have any international flights (except Winnipeg) until May 2023 to return home from World Cruise.

11 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

I think you meant Midnight Express.

My next three cruises all leave and return to USA; I don't have any international flights (except Winnipeg) until May 2023 to return home from World Cruise.

That would be it! Hahahahhaha...then you get where I am coming from.

2 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

That would be it! Hahahahhaha...then you get where I am coming from.

I was on an aircraft carrier in early 1983 heading to a port visit in Athens when we were forced to watch that movie.

Edited by mrlevin

And---On a lighter Midnight "Note":  

"Midnight on the Oasis" sung by Maria Muldaur.  Evokes Marrakesh, Morocco.  No cruise ships within several hundreds of miles, though. 

As to Express:  Recommend 1965's "Von Ryan's Express."  Frank Sinatra and Trevor Howard "Great Escape"-type WWII action movie. 

OK. Now back to more mundane musings as to chances of a late October Explorer sailing at Barcelona actually happening. 

GOARMY!

• Like 1

After seeing the “Midnight at the Oasis” reference I just had to join in.  I still have the Maria Muldaur  vinyl from 1973-junior year of undergrad all those years ago. And, one of our booked cruises is April 15 Mark Bittman Spotlight Culinary Cruise “Canary Islands” Barcelona-Lisbon. Morocco better be a “go” because our booked excursions include Agadir, Taroudant, Imperial Rabat/Casablanca.         

aventureux:

Our designated early-arrival Regent lodging will be at Fairmont Rey Juan Carlos I.   No prior experience at this spot (or Majestic).  This has been our assigned location for over a year, having survived this segment's transition from Mariner to Explorer.  (A positive.)  

Our several previous three Barcelona stops while on independent travel; or coming or going on either Seabourn or Raddison/Regent ships were at Hotel Arts.  Great location, amenities, and a Concierge providing excellent service as to scheduling trips/visits in the area; or just a simple matter of getting us to a "hop on-hop off"  bus location.  We were younger then, and more adventurous.  

This time--and I really hope we have a this October time--self and I will be content to be transported via Regent from airport to Fairmont.  Chill-out; nice dinner; await next-day breakfast and no-hassle boarding.  

GOARMY!

On 6/3/2021 at 11:34 PM, GOARMY said:

Explorer at Barcelona on October 31st to transit the Atlantic to (hopefully) Miami.  This was a switch for similar itinerary we booked over a year ago on Mariner.  Regent canceled that one, together with several others I do not wish to dredge-up again.   

Onward! 

GOARMY!

We booked this cruise but when I was checking my Regent account this evening I noticed this cruise was no longer listed as one of our booked cruises. I went to "add an already Booked Cruise" but it states they are unable to locate the booking.   Before I panic and call Regent, I'm curious if your Barcelona to Miami cruise is still listed as booked? 

CruzC2C:

To probably misquote Kevin Bacon's [Six Degrees of Separation] line from my all-time favorite, fall in the theater aisle in a gale of laughter (while my dear wife urged more restraint)  National Lampoon totally-gross and inappropriate  "Animal House" movie--

"Do not panic; all is well!"  That, while a college marching band has been misdirected down a dead-end alley right at him--

Experienced a similar glitch about seven hours ago.  Everything washed-out as to our account--which goes back 17+ years.  Signed "Off the Net" for a half-hour.   Went back on.  Everything restored.  Apparently, my initial entry coincided with an update/reload.  

In the interim:  Regent added one more step to our 10/31/2021 pre-boarding process at Barcelona.  This pertains to agreeing to Medical Protocols and limits as to Regent liability should untoward events transpire while we are either awaiting boarding; at sea; or nearing the current designated point of debarkation--Miami. 

So, completed Step 2 of that process.  The remainder as to verifying COVID-19 status; supplying a photo; and several other steps must wait until 10/10/2021.   Plenty of time. 

Take care; stay safe.

GOARMY!

8 hours ago, CruzC2C said:

We booked this cruise but when I was checking my Regent account this evening I noticed this cruise was no longer listed as one of our booked cruises. I went to "add an already Booked Cruise" but it states they are unable to locate the booking.   Before I panic and call Regent, I'm curious if your Barcelona to Miami cruise is still listed as booked? 

We are on this sailing. I checked our account this morning and our reservation is showing up as usual. In fact, we changed cabins this week and the change showed immediately online. I hope it is straightened out soon. 

Thank you Pudgesmom & GoArmy for getting back with me.  I did experience the same glitch GoArmy experienced earlier yesterday but that corrected itself later on in the day.  My 4 other cruises are still showing booked, it is just the Oct. 31 Barcelona to Miami cruise that is missing.  My TA is currently in the hospital so obviously I don't want to contact her about the problem so I'll reach out Regent tomorrow.

• Like 1

CruzC2C, Pudgesmom, Goarmy:

We are also on this cruise and are a little anxious that it may get cancelled due to the current rise in Covid cases. Probably undue paranoia on my part due to needing to go on a cruise.  Regardless, we hope to meet all of yous on this cruise. Look for the handsome guy on the third barstool in the pool bar. We are also accompanied by another great couple, 1Teach53 who will make this cruise and epic one. 

Z and TB

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Zqueeze1 said:

CruzC2C, Pudgesmom, Goarmy:

We are also on this cruise and are a little anxious that it may get cancelled due to the current rise in Covid cases. Probably undue paranoia on my part due to needing to go on a cruise.  Regardless, we hope to meet all of yous on this cruise. Look for the handsome guy on the third barstool in the pool bar. We are also accompanied by another great couple, 1Teach53 who will make this cruise and epic one. 

Z and TB

I would lose confidence in Regent if they cancel cruises based upon the hype of number of cases without looking at the data detailing resulting hospitalizations and deaths.  They should look at the number of "cases" of vaccinated vs. non vaccinated. After all, they are requiring all passengers to be vaccinated.

If the "breakthrough" cases are non systematic or resulting effects are minor, then what's the big deal?  If people test positive at the port, they won't be able to board.

1 hour ago, ChucktownSteve said:

If the "breakthrough" cases are non systematic or resulting effects are minor, then what's the big deal?  If people test positive at the port, they won't be able to board.

Steve - Completely agree!  As we're all being admonished to "follow the science"...then let's "follow the science" on a cruise!  If everyone on the (Regent) ships are all required to be fully vaccinated before boarding, the "science" that I'm reading says that "breakthrough" cases are relatively rare; that having "serious symptoms" (or even any symptoms) from "breakthrough cases" are even rarer; that transmissions among already-vaccinated people are also rare; that the actual need for hospitalizations are really, really rare; and that resulting deaths from "breakthrough" cases are virtually non-existent.

The "numbers" (for "breakthrough" cases and for resulting serious outcomes) is now lower than for the common flu that we've all been living with for our entire lives....and I don't think passengers are being "kicked off the ship" if they happen to get a case of "the flu" during a cruise!

"The science" says that the future world will be "living & dealing" with Covid in some form...forever.  So let's "get on" with cruising in this new world! Regards 

• Like 6

Hmm, not sure why anyone would use an 70's film to decide to visit Turkey in the 21st century.

That film was criticized (by the actor, Brad Davis, himself even)  for 1) deviating from the source material, and 2) for it's negative and wrongful portrayal the Turkish people.

So using this film as guide to travel...not so much.

7 hours ago, SireDoime said:

Hmm, not sure why anyone would use an 70's film to decide to visit Turkey in the 21st century.

That film was criticized (by the actor, Brad Davis, himself even)  for 1) deviating from the source material, and 2) for it's negative and wrongful portrayal the Turkish people.

So using this film as guide to travel...not so much.

It is a joke. If I used American movies to dictate my travel plans, I would never have visited 127 countries and 7 continents...I would be hiding at home and stockpiling supplies for the endtimes.

7 hours ago, drib said:

"What unusual distinction is shared by all these movies?  American History X, Candyman, Fatal Attraction, Final Destination, Full Metal Jacket, Groundhog Day, Hostel, Jurassic Park, Pulp Fiction, Serial Mom, Snakes on a Plane, True Lies."

===

* But I intensely dislike these new ranking avatars. It looks like I'm being attacked by a drone!

Animals? 

And what "ranking avatars"?

32 minutes ago, SireDoime said:

Animals? 

And what "ranking avatars"?

This morning there was a small blue avatar next to each poster's name. If you clicked on it, you would be taken to a page showing how many posts that person had made on this site. I'm guessing it wasn't too popular, because its already gone.

• Thanks 1