T-Shirts

What ever happened to roll call t-shirts? My first cruise you could get a roll call t-shirt that had the name and picture of the ship on the front and the itinerary map on the back.

Do you have a cruise coming up?  Is there a roll call for it?  If not, you can start a roll call, and you could suggest the t-shirts.  You could even offer to have them made!

However, personally, neither of us would choose to participate; we do not wear t-shirts.  Perhaps others feel the same.

I believe the shops on board will sell t-shirts with the ship picture and name, once you are aboard.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I believe the shops on board will sell t-shirts with the ship picture and name, once you are aboard.

Some shops on board do and some don't.  But, it does pay "to shop".  On one HAL cruise 3-4 years ago, there was a single T-shirt with a picture of Rotterdam V on its front with a nice background scene.  It was even in my size!  And, it was priced significantly less than the generic T-shirts that were being sold.  Someone must have been cleaning a storeroom on the ship.

Then, there is the T-shirt that I bought on a HAL ship that had on its front the phrase..."dam ships".  I wore that shirt during a cardiac rehab session at a locally religiously affiliated hospital.  When the staff saw the shirt, there were "eye brows" raised until they understood what "dam ships" was all about.  The shirt listed all of the HAL ships in the fleet at that time.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 3:34 PM, rkacruiser said:

Some shops on board do and some don't.  But, it does pay "to shop".  On one HAL cruise 3-4 years ago, there was a single T-shirt with a picture of Rotterdam V on its front with a nice background scene.  It was even in my size!  And, it was priced significantly less than the generic T-shirts that were being sold.  Someone must have been cleaning a storeroom on the ship.

Then, there is the T-shirt that I bought on a HAL ship that had on its front the phrase..."dam ships".  I wore that shirt during a cardiac rehab session at a locally religiously affiliated hospital.  When the staff saw the shirt, there were "eye brows" raised until they understood what "dam ships" was all about.  The shirt listed all of the HAL ships in the fleet at that time.  

I have a few cruise line t-shirts for Royal Caribbean, Celebrity, Carnival, Princess, NCL. I did have fun with my one t-shirt, it was during a cruise to Alaska and we were in the glacier areas and I was wearing my RMS Titanic t-shirt I had bought at a Titanic Exhibit. Some were asking seeing me wear it "are you trying to tell us something?", or 'Are we planning on hitting any glaciers?".

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On 6/5/2021 at 8:30 AM, jpd43 said:

What ever happened to roll call t-shirts? My first cruise you could get a roll call t-shirt that had the name and picture of the ship on the front and the itinerary map on the back.

Howdy @jpd43 emo22.gif

Someone on your next Roll Call would need to take charge. See the following from the Roll Calls section in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Offering Roll Call Logo Items For Sale

It is perfectly fine to offer customized logo items for sale in your Roll Call.  However, please follow these rules:

• You must be sailing on that specific ship and sail date
  • Price your items as near to cost as you are able to without incurring out of pocket costs 
  • Be clear about shipping costs, if you are mailing them out beforehand
  • If it is determined that you are selling for profit, we will take appropriate action
  • If you would like to use the Cruise Critic logo in your design, please share the final art version with community@cruisecritic.com

Hope this information will be helpful! emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/15/2021 at 11:32 PM, Host Kat said:

Howdy @jpd43 emo22.gif

Someone on your next Roll Call would need to take charge. See the following from the Roll Calls section in the Guidelines we all agree to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

Offering Roll Call Logo Items For Sale

It is perfectly fine to offer customized logo items for sale in your Roll Call.  However, please follow these rules:

• You must be sailing on that specific ship and sail date
  • Price your items as near to cost as you are able to without incurring out of pocket costs 
  • Be clear about shipping costs, if you are mailing them out beforehand
  • If it is determined that you are selling for profit, we will take appropriate action
  • If you would like to use the Cruise Critic logo in your design, please share the final art version with community@cruisecritic.com

Hope this information will be helpful! emo34.gif 

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

Is there any issue with creating a non-searchable Cafe Press store to distribute t-shirts?  You can set the markup to zero and make a few different styles available.  I do this for a choir I'm in and it works well.  You can just give the URL to members of your group.

12 hours ago, Don9992 said:

Is there any issue with creating a non-searchable Cafe Press store to distribute t-shirts?  You can set the markup to zero and make a few different styles available.  I do this for a choir I'm in and it works well.  You can just give the URL to members of your group.

Sounds okay to me. However, I'm  just a non-paid volunteer here. Would be best for you to send an email from your Cruise Critic email address mentioning your Cruise Critic user name to the Boss for an official okay.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com

I admit to wearing tshirts on my cruises, I try to wear tshirts for that line, including if the tshirt has a ship no longer in that fleet. I think the um most interesting tshirt I wore was when was in Alaska with all the Ice and Galciers around, and there's me walking around in a tshirt for the RMS Titanic. I had just grabbed tshirts at home making sure were for the line but didnt notice until got on the ship I had that in the pile lol, oops. Some passengers thought it was funny though and asked if my tshirt was a sign to watch out for icebergs.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...