Izumi Hibachi, How many to a table?

7 minutes ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I haven't done this since Allure in 2016.  Can anyone refresh my memory? How many people can they put at one hibachi table?

10-12 as i recall

• Like 1

The last time we booked the hibachi experience I think 8 to 10 people.   We booked it for my brother's birthday and had a cake delivered.   We shared the cake with the other diners.    There were 6 in our party and I think 2 or 3 other people. 

I have been on Allure 5x and each of those times, with one exception, there were 8 people at the Hibachi table.  The one time there were 9,  it was because there was a family with a very young child with them, so another chair was added.

1 minute ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Hibachi on Allure - 8 settings per group 

Hibachi.jpg

That's how it looks in the pictures but every time we have dined they have added two extra seats, one on each corner.  It would be so much nicer to only have 8

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

That's how it looks in the pictures but every time we have dined they have added two extra seats, one on each corner.  It would be so much nicer to only have 8

Guess we've been lucky but I have seen larger groups have more at the table. 

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

Just now, suzyluvs2cruise said:

Guess we've been lucky. Never more than 8 per table when we've enjoyed the Hibachi experience on Oasis, Allure and Harmony. 

And we may have been unlucky but in half a dozen times on all 4 OA class ships we've never had a table set for 8.  Once they even did 11

3 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

I haven't done this since Allure in 2016.  Can anyone refresh my memory? How many people can they put at one hibachi table?

Are you asking   because you have a group, or really don't want other people at the table?  Because normal is about 8, but they can always add more for your group. 

13 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

Are you asking   because you have a group, or really don't want other people at the table?  Because normal is about 8, but they can always add more for your group. 

No, just wondering if we would all be able to be at the same table. I never would consider a group "bothering" others at a hibachi table. If people don't want to dine with others, it's really not the place for them.

We have done the habachi several times and the table is built for 8 but we have had them add 2 chairs at the corners making it too crowded.

we were at one were it was 5 different couples.  IMO There is no reason to pack a table unless it is for a single group.

On 6/7/2021 at 8:45 AM, later said:

We have done the habachi several times and the table is built for 8 but we have had them add 2 chairs at the corners making it too crowded.

we were at one were it was 5 different couples.  IMO There is no reason to pack a table unless it is for a single group.

Maximizing revenue comes to mind