Nachi Cocum Refunds

Ronaldo807

Just curious how many of you have requested and received refunds from Nachi during the pandemic? We have had three cruises that were going to Cozumel cancelled at this point with all of those reservations made well in advance. We have emailed Nachi on multiple occasions and were originally told that the refunds were being processed. At this point, they have completely stopped responding to emails altogether. We tried to dispute through PayPal, but since the reservations were made so far in advance we were outside of the window that we have protection within. While the deposit amounts are not make or break for us, it's still disappointing to see a business act this way, especially with completely cutting off communication at this point. 

I share your frustration on this.  I will attempt one more communication when I’m confirmed on my next cruise stopping in Cozumel to request that they apply my previous deposit to a new reservation. 
If they don’t respond I’ll move to Mr Sancho’s moving forward.  Nachi needs to remember that they have competition. 

On 6/8/2021 at 2:31 PM, Ronaldo807 said:

Just curious how many of you have requested and received refunds from Nachi during the pandemic? We have had three cruises that were going to Cozumel cancelled at this point with all of those reservations made well in advance. We have emailed Nachi on multiple occasions and were originally told that the refunds were being processed. At this point, they have completely stopped responding to emails altogether. We tried to dispute through PayPal, but since the reservations were made so far in advance we were outside of the window that we have protection within. While the deposit amounts are not make or break for us, it's still disappointing to see a business act this way, especially with completely cutting off communication at this point. 

23 hours ago, Greenhopster said:

I think Nachi is just trying to survive. Where would the refund money come from? No tourists for a year plus. You might get a refund when they start earning it. The whole Caribbean is suffering. 

I'm not suggesting that they aren't trying to just survive at this point, but they have been open since late last year so some refunds could have been processed at this point (not saying mine specifically, but plenty of others waiting as well). The biggest issue is the lack of communication and cutting off communication completely.

• 3 weeks later...

Not specifically with Nachi, but was with a different tour I had pre-booked in Europe before the pandemic, a whole 38 days before everything shut down. I also paid with PayPal so I am responding because of that. My charge was close to $700 so I was much more pushy than I would have been with say.. a $50 charge.

PayPal basically refused to help. The company fed PayPal lines about how they offered us a voucher (good until Dec 2020, good for 3 months after our tour) and PayPal sided with them. As a last ditch effort I went to my CC company even though at this time, it had been almost 7 MONTHS after the lockdown and charges from PayPal to my CC. 

I forwarded all the info I had, that was sent back and forth through PayPal, and included the companies webpage, where they still had a 24 hr full cancelation policy up AND wasn't allowing you to book anything in 2020 or 2021. PayPal didn't care about the stated policies from the company, but my CC company sure did! Capital One had my refund in 10 days. I expected PayPal to flag/close my account because of it, but I was also okay with that. Biggest travel lesson I learned from Covid is to never pre-pay more than a deposit I am not willing to fight over for! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, whyrlygig said:

I have emailed 4 times and messaged through facebook but have gotten no response whatsoever.  Its a crappy way to do business.

I've had this issue at places all over caribbean.  What I have done is asked them to extend a credit so I can use it the next time.  If its only a $10 per person deposit, I just let it go.  But if more than that, I asked for a credit.  Had to do it in Roatan, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman, St. Martin...  covid related and port changes.  I find if you just send them a quick email asking if this would be easier for them, they will work with you.  Cozumel has some of the nicest people living there and covid hit the island terribly.  We were there in March 2021 and it was so sad to see the emptiness.  Nice for us but it was hard to see.

I had booked them for our cruise last year and when I went to cancel they didn't respond so about a week or so later I just requested a refund via paypal or however I booked and easily received the funds back. They responded about a month or so later and apologized for the delay. 

We rebooked a while ago for our cruise this year in November. I couldn't find my emailed receipt (which turned out went to junk mail) but when I emailed a couple weeks ago them in regards to getting another copy they responded about a day or two later.

19 hours ago, Ellusionz said:

I had booked them for our cruise last year and when I went to cancel they didn't respond so about a week or so later I just requested a refund via paypal or however I booked and easily received the funds back. They responded about a month or so later and apologized for the delay. 

We rebooked a while ago for our cruise this year in November. I couldn't find my emailed receipt (which turned out went to junk mail) but when I emailed a couple weeks ago them in regards to getting another copy they responded about a day or two later.

I also had a prompt reply to email request to change the date of our visit in June. Sounds like they respond selectively to emails but I am surprised previous poster didn’t hear back via FB. 

Prior to cruising resuming they were running a promotional rate but guest numbers were still very low.

I think I would also have asked for deposit to be deferred rather than refunded but that depends on whether you are likely to ever return to Cozumel.

I am assuming everyone requesting refunds booked direct - we have sometimes booked through a broker?

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat. Had two cruises cancelled and emailed about refund possibility. Got the "refund will be processed" email and then nothing. Now I have a cruise stopping in Cozumel Thanksgiving week and I emailed them to see if they could apply the deposit to that sailing. Still no response. Its unbelievable poor customer service at this point. 

I booked an August date was was canceled.  Asked to change the date to another cruise, but later that itinerary was changed.  Asked to change again to a third date, and that one should actually happen next week.  The original rate was the promotional rate ($39 pp vs. $59 pp) and my confirmation email still shows that rate.  I wonder if they will honor that rate when we arrive next week?

2 hours ago, B&J_Pgh said:

how much is the cab fare to Nochi?

Location is Nachi and it is about $17-20.

Depends which pier. Here were the rates prior to shut down and I haven’t heard they have changed but rate should be posted at dispatch

https://www.cruzely.com/complete-list-of-cozumel-taxi-rates/

Edited by c-leg5