RC just announced vaxxed passengers on AoS must get rapid test at checkin

We are on AoS this Saturday and RC just sent an email stating vaccinated passengers will also need to take a rapid test and test negative at checkin prior to boarding. RC will provide the test free of charge, but will give it at checkin. They state they want to give further assurance to all passengers that nobody is boarding with COVID. 

I think they want zero chance of any issues on this initial sailing. 

Question: Bahamas doesn’t require vaxxed passengers to show negative test just the vaccine card via health visa. I am okay with the testing by RC but would you get a rapid test before leaving the states. If you test positive you will need to quarantine for 14 days before coming back to US. 

5 minutes ago, jcarter4551 said:

We are on AoS this Saturday and RC just sent an email stating vaccinated passengers will also need to take a rapid test and test negative at checkin prior to boarding. RC will provide the test free of charge, but will give it at checkin. They state they want to give further assurance to all passengers that nobody is boarding with COVID. 

Question: Bahamas doesn’t require vaxxed passengers to show negative test just the vaccine card via health visa. I am okay with the testing by RC but would you get a rapid test before leaving the states. If you test positive you will need to quarantine for 14 days before coming back to US. 

Another "wild card" that would prevent me from cruising from Nassau at this time.  Even with the smallest chance of a false positive, I could not afford to be away for 14 days.

• Like 10

13 minutes ago, jcarter4551 said:

I think an incident-free sailing (from a Covid perspective) is absolutely IMPERATIVE for them.  Now ... given some of the antics we've seen lately on some airline flights ... an incident-free sailing in other regards may prove to be a challenge. 🙄

Edited by ramja96
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, jcarter4551 said:

The quarantine doesn't make much sense.
I would think other people in the party need to quarantine for 14 days but the person that test positive needs to quarantine until they receive a negative test.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

So RC now saying they don't trust vaccines.

Great messaging if you want to have fully vaccinated cruises.

I don’t think that’s what they’re saying at all. 

I think it’s more about them having no negative PR during this cruise especially. 

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, 100viper said:

I think it’s more about them having no negative PR during this cruise especially. 

You have a 0.01% chance of getting covid after being vaccinated.

You have a much, much higher chance of getting a false positive after taking a covid test.

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1

The news about the two MSC passengers testing positive probably helped RCI make this decision too.   The media tried to make the MSC story into a major event this morning,  so RCI doesn't want any questions about why they didn't test everyone prior to boarding.

• Like 1

I think it is ALL about no negative PR at this point. I read an article that RC execs and several news agencies will be on board for the sailing so I think they want this to be a "test" cruise so to speak like "we told you no issues here."

I scheduled a rapid test at CVS for tomorrow as did my partner. My only complaint is they did this 48 hours before sailing so I am now scrambling to get a rapid test before leaving the states. I do not want to get to Nassau and test pos and be there for 14 days even though RC in the email said "rest assured that if you test positive we will take care of you...." whatever that means lol.

Edited by jcarter4551
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

You have a 0.01% chance of getting covid after being vaccinated.

You have a much, much higher chance of getting a false positive after taking a covid test.

Well, that is the problem. A false positive at check in means you are denied boarding.

• Like 1

Total waste of time and resources to test vaccinated passengers and completely inappropriate to add a new requirement 48 hours before sailing. 

Edited by danv3
  • Like 9

34 minutes ago, jcarter4551 said:

All this shows is that there are too many people that still does not believe in the science of the vaccine. Here we have Royal threatening to charge non vaxed passengers additional fees and add additional protocals for their cruise ships, yet even they are not too damn sure this vaccine is good to go. 

It's just too early to go cruising yet... but they are trying there best to force the issue. So glad we've decided to wait it a bit longer. 

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Anton said:

The news about the two MSC passengers testing positive probably helped RCI make this decision too.   The media tried to make the MSC story into a major event this morning,  so RCI doesn't want any questions about why they didn't test everyone prior to boarding.

MSC requires testing prior to boarding, another before boarding and then a 3rd during the cruise.

9 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

yet even they are not too damn sure this vaccine is good to go. 

In the general public I bet they say it’s good to go. However, when it comes to their guests and reputation, it’s another story. 

It's just too early to go cruising yet... but they are trying there best to force the issue. So glad we've decided to wait it a bit longer. 

I am happy to be watching for a while too.  I am a bit jealous though of my 2 friends boarding Saturday. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

My wife is an RN and said you can have a false positive test. I hate to see some families vacation ruined. What a waste of time and money.

Edited by B113
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, not-enough-cruising said:

And prevented from returning to your home country for 2 weeks

Those who have been chanting, “If you are afraid, just stay home” may now begin to realize the kind of complications others anticipated. 

• Like 9