RC just announced vaxxed passengers on AoS must get rapid test at checkin

Just now, boatseller said:

Whatever you need to tell yourself.   Nothing happened, it's an impasse because...wait for it...that what an impasse is.

Unless you do have the video of them line dancing cuz they at least agreed on the song.

There was a Court filing today announcing the impasse.  That is how it is supposed to work. https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/regional/florida/flroida-cruise-cdc-lawsuit/67-6b8bda57-7b38-49db-8770-85a5b430a6b5

• Like 1

Great. Now only the June 12th AOS gets free SARS-coV-2 RT-PCR test. The rest of us have to get one 5 days or less before you sail PLUS we have to pay for it. Ought to get free OBC as compensation for all  the runarounds we've been subjected to.

• Like 1

The test is the RT-PCR test and must be administered no more than 5 days before check-in in Nassau.

this was mentioned by the OP but I just wanted to state it again because the date and type of test are important.  

the interesting thing this was the original test requirement for the cruise by the Bahamas before they made the change.

Edited by later

3 hours ago, bimmerboy said:

Back on topic...we are on the 6/26 AoS sailing and received an e-mail update from Royal today. Vaccinated guests on our cruise now have to have a negative pcr test within 5 days of arriving in the Bahamas, but no test at the pier. For our 7 y/o son, he will also have to have a negative pcr test 5 days out and an antigen test at the pier. I do not see where (for vaccinated guests) Bahamas have changed their requirements,  so the new pcr test for vaccinated guests appears to be solely a Royal requirement. 

Yes, very its very cheap and cowardly on RCI's part, if you ask me.  We are going out on June 19th, and I am hoping for a great cruise, but am not at all impressed with RCI's decision making on this.

10 minutes ago, DWhit said:

Yes, very its very cheap and cowardly on RCI's part, if you ask me.  We are going out on June 19th, and I am hoping for a great cruise, but am not at all impressed with RCI's decision making on this.

Their decision making is they don’t want people to show up and test positive and then have to quarantine in the Bahamas for two weeks.

1 hour ago, wreckem2013 said:

Their decision making is they don’t want people to show up and test positive and then have to quarantine in the Bahamas for two weeks.

Their decision making is cover their butts, and make their passengers pay for the tests.  Not impressed.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DWhit said:

Their decision making is cover their butts, and make their passengers pay for the tests.  Not impressed.

“Cover their butts and make their passengers pay”?  Cruise lines?  They never do that and how dare they start now!

On 6/10/2021 at 2:16 PM, Jimbo said:

2 passengers on an MSC cruise  just  tested positive for Covid.

http://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/italy-cruise-covid-test-scli-intl/index.html

Well that sounds like a wonderful cruise.  May as well just spend your vacation in a clinic wearing masks and being tested.  I wonder if the line for the covid tests are like the lines at the buffet.

54 minutes ago, harkinmr said:

“Cover their butts and make their passengers pay”?  Cruise lines?  They never do that and how dare they start now!

You are correct! 🙂. I have decided to just be glad they haven’t canceled the cruise, and realize all the hassles will be worth it when we are out on the ocean. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Well that sounds like a wonderful cruise.  May as well just spend your vacation in a clinic wearing masks and being tested.  I wonder if the line for the covid tests are like the lines at the buffet.

i know.  I just don't understand the desire to cruise under these circumstances.  I will just take land vacations with no need for testing, masks or other protocols.

• Like 6

On 6/10/2021 at 2:30 PM, B113 said:

My wife is an RN and said you can have a false positive test. I hate to see some families vacation ruined. What a waste of time and money.

I hope that everyone who books these early cruises realizes that this is a possibility.  Those who think a day in quarantine is better than no cruise at all may not even make it on the ship.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Hope this does not carryover to cruises that will start sailing from Florida next month.  

Testing will more likely than not be applicable to all passengers on all US cruises because of the Millennium situation. In addition, with RCI making the decision to not commit to vaccinated sailings, more testing will occur on board along with contact tracing if positive cases are discovered. Everyone should be aware of the risk of getting caught up in this process. Vaccinated or not. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

Testing will more likely than not be applicable to all passengers on all US cruises because of the Millennium situation.

What "situation?"

Those 2 passengers tested negative before boarding.  And even the CDC says pre-cruise testing isn't necessary for vaccinated passengers. Why is RC going against the science?

Just now, smokeybandit said:

What "situation?"

Those 2 passengers tested negative before boarding.  And even the CDC says pre-cruise testing isn't necessary for vaccinated passengers. Why is RC going against the science?

Well, it’s pretty clear actually.  Even if the CDC has said pre-cruise testing for vaccinated passengers is not required, RCI is going to test all passengers pre-cruise as an extra level of caution.  My guess is that all the cruise lines will. The Millennium positives mid-cruise and the resulting quarantine of other passengers is not good PR.  Whoever said that any line was not going to go beyond recommendations?  

On 6/10/2021 at 1:49 PM, not-enough-cruising said:

Another "wild card" that would prevent me from cruising from Nassau at this time.  Even with the smallest chance of a false positive, I could not afford to be away for 14 days.

I have totally gotten over that.  We have gotten tested 3 times between Cancun and Punta Cana.  Super easy and quick.  What I don't like is that it says after June 19th we have to get it before we go and we have to pay for it.  Hopefully that changes before August, sucks I have to pay for it.

1 hour ago, harkinmr said:

Testing will more likely than not be applicable to all passengers on all US cruises because of the Millennium situation. In addition, with RCI making the decision to not commit to vaccinated sailings, more testing will occur on board along with contact tracing if positive cases are discovered. Everyone should be aware of the risk of getting caught up in this process. Vaccinated or not. It is what it is. 

Lol,here we go with speculation that has turned out wrong on this forum 99% of time. Some people love to rain on everything in other peoples lives. If we have learned anything throughout this,change occurs every day. What was todays protocol will not be next weeks protocol. Stop speculating on ever changing circumstances. Covid positives are on a trajectory downwards steeply. Protocols will change significantly in a month.

Edited by rtazz17
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, rtazz17 said:

Lol,here we go with speculation that has turned out wrong on this forum 99% of time. Some people love to rain on everything in other peoples lives. If we have learned anything throughout this,change occurs every day. What was todays protocol will not be next weeks protocol. Stop speculating on ever changing circumstances. Covid positives are on a trajectory downwards steeply. Protocols will change significantly in a month.

What?  Speculation is all there is on these boards day in and day out.  Nobody is “raining” on anyone else’s life.  Folks who can’t face reality shouldn’t be planning on cruising.  All the whining in the world isn’t going to change anything the cruise lines do or don’t do.  And you are speculating too and could very well be wrong. Take your own advice and “stop”. 🙄